VOTE NOW: Poster of the Year 2015 Sizzlin' Hot Semifinal Round

Jingthing

VOTE NOW: Poster of the Year 2015 Sizzlin' Hot Semifinal Round  

309 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

More about VF:

I have plenty of friends who seem incapable of uttering an original thought or posting an original photo. I never click the links or give any of that stuff more than a cursory glance but I never try to tell them what to do. They are free to post it and I am free to ignore it.

I treat ThaiVisa the same way but notice many posters are quick to insist that others do as they are told. I don’t understand the authoritarian attitude and insistence on dominating others to the point of beating them into submission and conformity. I definitely admire some posts more than others but try not let the source affect my judgement, if there is something I can relate to and some thought has gone into it.
One of the least attractive posting models in my opinion is where personal and offensive things are said about someone but the poster thinks they are absolved of their bad behavior by saying in small print, “nothing personal”. Of course it is personal, that is why they say it in the first place.
Is it really necessary for posters to play the man instead of the ball, in sports parlance?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More about VF:

I have plenty of friends who seem incapable of uttering an original thought or posting an original photo. I never click the links or give any of that stuff more than a cursory glance but I never try to tell them what to do. They are free to post it and I am free to ignore it.

I treat ThaiVisa the same way but notice many posters are quick to insist that others do as they are told. I don’t understand the authoritarian attitude and insistence on dominating others to the point of beating them into submission and conformity. I definitely admire some posts more than others but try not let the source affect my judgement, if there is something I can relate to and some thought has gone into it.
One of the least attractive posting models in my opinion is where personal and offensive things are said about someone but the poster thinks they are absolved of their bad behavior by saying in small print, “nothing personal”. Of course it is personal, that is why they say it in the first place.
Is it really necessary for posters to play the man instead of the ball, in sports parlance?

err.... so you are trying to tell us what to do...or you are not trying to tell us what to do. You seem to be subtlety telling other posters how to post.

I'm well confused.

Anyway, as always, I'll do my own thing, with the minimum of any malice or ill will.

Who won this competition last year? I can't remember her name?

I remember last year you sent JT off to your man-up school to toughen him right up. It must have worked as he romped home to victory.

Any tips for this years candidates? Anyone u want to take to man-up school?

Looks like Nancy or Trans will be fighting it out this year. They seem pretty tough already.

Who won this competition last year? I can't remember her name?

I remember last year you sent JT off to your man-up school to toughen him right up. It must have worked as he romped home to victory.

Any tips for this years candidates? Anyone u want to take to man-up school?

Looks like Nancy or Trans will be fighting it out this year. They seem pretty tough already.

Probably gonna be a NancyL vs. Transam blood sport but then again maybe not.

Remember in the GRAND FINALE there will only be ONE vote allowed. So all those votes going to not NancyL or Transam might go elsewhere. Also those voting for BOTH of them might vote for NONE of them or one of them. In other words, CRUNCH TIME, where the women are separated from the boys! (Don't picture that.)

There is also the psychology of not wanting to "waste" your vote on a loser so the first day is going to be important because a quick big lead may be enough for a coast.

Edited by Jingthing

LEADERBOARD Poster of the Year SEMIFINALS 2015 (sizzlin' hot)

The top 5 will advance to the GRAND FINALE

NancyL 65 votes

Transam 62 votes

villagefarang 39 votes

Naam 32 votes

SoiBiker 30 votes

Nipping --

Crazy Chef 1 27 votes

StreetCowboy 24 votes

Up and comers?

Fletchsmile 20 votes

Canuckamuck 20 votes

Uh oh. A bit of a shake up. Naam has hit the gas pedal and Crazy Chef 1 is cooking his eggs on a very low heat.

Has there ever been a Canadian POTY?

Speaking of naming conventions, I've been tossing this around in my head.

How about a REBRAND of the POTY contest into something with some more pizaazz?

How about

THE POTYS

or

THE POTTIES

You know, like the Emmys and the Webbies.

What d'ya think?

I think THE POTTIES is more catchy but less logical than THE POTYS.

But I think maybe go with THE POTTIES and deal with the lack of a Y or just keep POTY as is.

OK, back to THE POTTIES.

Is there any significant opposition to a rebrand from

POTY

to

THE POTTIES ???

Because, if not, there MAY just be a change of the NAME in the middle of the GAME.

How do you like them apples?

Edited by Jingthing

OK, back to THE POTTIES.

POTY

to

THE POTTIES ???

You won't change the rules, but suddenly you want to change the name of the competition to a children's show?

I think you're losing it, JT.

Get a grip, and change the rules, not the name.

SC

OK, back to THE POTTIES.

POTY

to

THE POTTIES ???

You won't change the rules, but suddenly you want to change the name of the competition to a children's show?

I think you're losing it, JT.

Get a grip, and change the rules, not the name.

SC

THE POTTIES is a children's show?

I'm reading this backwards, from the last page to the first page, will it make more sense?

So far, I see a karaoke king and veritable feast of animal lovers.

As I travel back down this time tunnel, will I be amazed and enlightened?

To be honest, I'm stuck, if stuck is the right word in the BA flight lounge Heathrow, just trying to kill some time before revisiting the LOS

Bro, kick back, I'm a commin'

So flush The Potties? I thought it was delightfully irreverent suggesting a bit of fun ... not to take this contest too seriously.

Perhaps a separate poll vote about it. Perhaps later. Perhaps never.

Edited by Jingthing

I'm reading this backwards, from the last page to the first page, will it make more sense.

So far, I see a karaoke king and veritable feast of animal lovers.

As I travel back down this time tunnel, will I be amazed and enlightened?

To be honest, I'm stuck, if stuck is the right word in the BA flight lounge Heathrow, just trying to kill some time before revisiting the LOS

Bro, kick back, I'm a commin'

Ah, an undecided voter up for grabs. Sweetie, you really should read this thread from the beginning to the end. No wait, start with the nomination thread. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/877018-poster-of-the-year-nominations-start-nominating/?hl=poty

And if you really want to be in-the-know, you could take in last year's contest: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/785491-thaivisa-poster-of-the-year-2014-vote-now/

They do have free alcohol at the BA flight lounge at Heathrow, don't they?

NancyL 65 votes

Transam 62 votes

villagefarang 39 votes

Naam 32 votes

SoiBiker 30 votes

Nipping --

Crazy Chef 1 27 votes

StreetCowboy 24 votes

Up and comers?

Fletchsmile 20 votes

Canuckamuck 20 votes

Uh oh. A bit of a shake up. Naam has hit the gas pedal and Crazy Chef 1 is cooking his eggs on a very low heat.

The poor chef has to work as crazy at this time of the year though he can't anticipate in any voting campaigns...though why can't be the POTY contest be happen lets say in September...

It's not too late for those of you who voted for Village Farang to change your vote. He doesn't deserve to be in the top five. He's still holding Mr. Bitey hostage in Chiang Rai. Once again I'm staying up late, hoping Mr. Bitey will break away and make his way back to Chiang Mai. He's been in worse situations before and still has a few of his nine lives left:

NancyL 65 votes

Transam 62 votes

villagefarang 39 votes

Naam 32 votes

SoiBiker 30 votes

Nipping --

Crazy Chef 1 27 votes

StreetCowboy 24 votes

Up and comers?

Fletchsmile 20 votes

Canuckamuck 20 votes

The poor chef has to work as crazy at this time of the year though he can't anticipate in any voting campaigns...though why can't be the POTY contest be happen lets say in September...

Hi there, Chef.

Please tell us all what crazy stuff you like to cook!