Two 18-wheel trucks involved in East Pattaya Road Crash

webfact

Two 18-wheel trucks involved in East Pattaya Road Crash

crash-4-2.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- Two trucks were involved in a road crash on the notoriously dangerous Highway 36, which runs along the Eastern outskirts of Pattaya, on Thursday afternoon, leaving one of the truck drivers injured.

Police and medics rushed to the scene of the crash on the Rayong-bound carriageway of the Highway in the Pong area. Khun Butdar aged 46 was driving one of the trucks, operated by the Gow Jalern Transport Company and he had to be immobilized by medics and taken to Hospital with cuts and bruises and a suspected broken leg.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/219945/two-18-wheel-trucks-involved-in-east-pattaya-road-crash/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-12-18

I drove past this scene after the event. it looked to me that there had been slow/stationery traffic ahead and the lorry in the pictures run into the back of a lorry in front. The rescue service was forcing the door open, the aforementioned traffic tail back went on for some 5 kilometers after the scene of this RTC.

edit it was just by Regents school heading towards Rayong

Edited by steve187

When was highway 36 diverted to East Pattaya?

Well it is certainly not west of Pattaya!

No, last time I looked there was only water to the west! It joins Sukhumvit at Banglamung which is north of North Pattaya and runs several miles north of East Pattaya to Rayong.

When was highway 36 diverted to East Pattaya?

Well it is certainly not west of Pattaya!

No, last time I looked there was only water to the west! It joins Sukhumvit at Banglamung which is north of North Pattaya and runs several miles north of East Pattaya to Rayong.

I think the opening headline made it pretty clear where it runs, "which runs along the Eastern outskirts of Pattaya".

Or more precisely , it runs from North Pattaya in a South Easterly direction towards Rayong passing the eastern side of the Pattaya outskirts.