Nana.... A terrible place to live

theguyfromanotherforum

On 9/18/2016 at 9:15 AM, SheungWan said:

Soi Nana is probably a little more sedate than Soi Cowboy.

I think you must mean "a little more sedated", because there are so many complete nutters down there who start acting all strange if they skip their meds.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Thainess said:

I think you must mean "a little more sedated", because there are so many complete nutters down there who start acting all strange if they skip their meds.

I lived there for a while and I found more nutters in Chiang Mai than I ever saw around Nana.  Nana they were what the were and CM a lot of people are trying to be something they are not.  

23 hours ago, Scotwight said:

I lived there for a while and I found more nutters in Chiang Mai than I ever saw around Nana.  Nana they were what the were and CM a lot of people are trying to be something they are not.  

Good one I agree  Nana is what is, and I like that. The best thing about Cowboy is that it dead ends into Soi 23.  Some great massage experinces on that Soi. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2015 at 1:19 PM, jspill said:

Well if you live there you wouldn't need a taxi to get home, you could walk home after a night out, and to go out somewhere else during the day well you have the BTS / MRT interchange so it's the most convenient part of the city. Unless you count the Siam interchange as better.

And if you just walk onto Suk the taxis are a bit better, agree Soi 4 is terrible for taxis.

Living around Asok rather than Nana would be slightly better as you have Terminal 21 mall, the huge Benjakiti Park, lots more high end restaurants, 24 hour Tony's gym, etc.

And soy cowboy ?

Note that the OP's title is: " Nana, a terrible place to live"

Whilst I don't agree with him in it being a terrible place to live, I can understand why some people would in the longterm prefer to live a less seedy part of Sukhumvit or Dusit etc Especially when a girlfriend/wife and children is concerned and entertaining more sheltered family members from back home. I used to live in Pattaya so BKK red light districts feels natural to me, plus I have no children. Can totally understand why people in different situations in life would think similarly to the OP. 

12 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

Not really sure why this thread has been allowed to go on so long. If it was a Pattaya thread with such negativity it would have been closed ages ago. This thread brings nothing of value to discuss and has outlived it's purpose if it ever had one. 

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

• 1 month later...
On 12/20/2016 at 3:20 PM, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Did the same thing this year. Stayed in a hotel so I could catch a movie. Nana is still a pretty bad place to live, but I gotta say Rogue One is probably the best Star Wars movie ever made unlike that piece of JJ crap from last year.

If you were a fan as a kid, go see it.

Wow really.  I thought it was one of the worst movies I ever have seen could not wait for it to end.. 

Paid my first visit to a Jools-less Soi Nana at the weekend, the place is not looking it's best and I doubt if I will be there too often. 

Cannot stand the Stumble Inn or it's neighbours and do not understand these people who come to Pattaya and Bangkok to drink in Hooters. But I did see some cheapo offers about on local draught so might bite the bullet sometime.

Why did the OP re-open the thread after nearly two months dormant? Attention seeking? Where does he live that he stays in a hotel near Nana to see a movie? Not my business I know.

I trust you are on the mend smokie.

2 hours ago, rott said:

Paid my first visit to a Jools-less Soi Nana at the weekend, the place is not looking it's best and I doubt if I will be there too often. 

Cannot stand the Stumble Inn or it's neighbours and do not understand these people who come to Pattaya and Bangkok to drink in Hooters. But I did see some cheapo offers about on local draught so might bite the bullet sometime.

Why did the OP re-open the thread after nearly two months dormant? Attention seeking? Where does he live that he stays in a hotel near Nana to see a movie? Not my business I know.

I trust you are on the mend smokie.

How would you know if it is not looking its best since it was your first time there??  Also, don't go if you are looking for cheap because it is a tourist area.  Buy your booze at 7-11 if you want to save money.  Some people do not want to be harassed by girls like at The Stumble Inn so Hooters is the another option. Enjoy your stay.

Please read posts before replying to them.

I said it was my first visit to a JOOLS-LESS Soi Nana, i.e. my first visit there since Jools moved away. As you are so knowledgeable about the Soi I won't explain it to you except to say that that is where I had my first Bangkok beer just over 19 years ago.

Enjoy my stay? Yes I still am thank you very much and I wish you the same.

Sighs and shakes head..............................

On 12/20/2016 at 2:46 AM, smokie36 said:

Two beers at Hillary 2 bar the other night....bill for 360 Baht.

I'd have posted earlier but I just got out of intensive care. :passifier:

i'm glad you recovered from that painful experience.  i think buick will buy a beer at 7-11 and enjoy it standing in front of hillary 2. 

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

How would you know if it is not looking its best since it was your first time there??  Also, don't go if you are looking for cheap because it is a tourist area.  Buy your booze at 7-11 if you want to save money.  Some people do not want to be harassed by girls like at The Stumble Inn so Hooters is the another option. Enjoy your stay.

If you don't want the girls, why would you go to Nana in the first place? Spread your wings a little - there's life beyond Asoke. 

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Apologies for not giving enough detail in my earlier reply.

1, It was my first visit there for a few months.

2 re Hooters I meant  why come to Thailand and drink in an American chain/franchise place? I don't get it.

3 re Stumble Inn, I did not realise the ladies were pesterers as I have never been..Just don't like the style of the place or the punters.

4 There are other places around the Soi where you can drink without being bothered by the girls.

5 Cheap. I was not looking for cheap, I said "I saw some cheapo offers", don't know why you comment on this unless you are uncomfortable paying less than 200 baht a time. I have seen enough of smokie's posts to know he isn't doing it on the cheap, but180 brought out a response from him.

6 Try to read and understand before posting in future, helps make you look less of a dycke.

1 hour ago, SoiBiker said:

If you don't want the girls, why would you go to Nana in the first place? Spread your wings a little - there's life beyond Asoke. 

For some of us there are places we have been going to for years (some with girls and some without) and we just cannot shake the habit. True there are many other options and there is life beyond Asoke. Trouble is that life is a bit similar to what we came here to get a change from.

16 minutes ago, rott said:

Apologies for not giving enough detail in my earlier reply.

1, It was my first visit there for a few months.

2 re Hooters I meant  why come to Thailand and drink in an American chain/franchise place? I don't get it.

3 re Stumble Inn, I did not realise the ladies were pesterers as I have never been..Just don't like the style of the place or the punters.

4 There are other places around the Soi where you can drink without being bothered by the girls.

5 Cheap. I was not looking for cheap, I said "I saw some cheapo offers", don't know why you comment on this unless you are uncomfortable paying less than 200 baht a time. I have seen enough of smokie's posts to know he isn't doing it on the cheap, but180 brought out a response from him.

6 Try to read and understand before posting in future, helps make you look less of a dycke.

HAHAHA.  OK Mr. Defensive....

2 hours ago, rott said:

For some of us there are places we have been going to for years (some with girls and some without) and we just cannot shake the habit. True there are many other options and there is life beyond Asoke. Trouble is that life is a bit similar to what we came here to get a change from.

So somewhere like Udomsuk is a painful reminder of where you came from?

Weird. 

Get over it if you do not like Nana do not go there and post later about how bad it was, geez. Some o you guys need a life. I have been going there since 1998 yea it has changed but still good nasty dirty fun. Hell I grew up in Subic Bay as a young sailor Nana has nothing on that experience.

36 minutes ago, moe666 said:

Get over it if you do not like Nana do not go there and post later about how bad it was, geez. Some o you guys need a life. I have been going there since 1998 yea it has changed but still good nasty dirty fun. Hell I grew up in Subic Bay as a young sailor Nana has nothing on that experience.

Olongopo back in the day was wild. I got there at age 18. Damaged me for life.

Archived