Nana.... A terrible place to live

theguyfromanotherforum

7 hours ago, mmaaarrrkkk said:

Nana is there for a reason. If you want to buy shoes you go to a shoe shop , if you want to buy a car , you go to a car dealership.

People go to Nana for a particular reason...

Exactly.

I go there for the 7/11.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Good times. All those depressed guys with their old lady wives with their hair in a bun on holiday looking in envy.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone who fits that description. 

The people I mostly see looking like they're depressed on holiday are sitting outside bars. 

5 hours ago, SoiBiker said:

It's also directly between the center of the city and the area where a high proportion of expats live, so it's not that easy to avoid - especially when it's users parade their catch of the day around the local malls and restaurants.

Get yourself down there son!....you'll love it....good for the soul:thumbsup:

Yes you are right . It is horrible and you really feel like the "tourist" and taxi's are a hassle and whatever . However , isn't that the case with all busy tourist nightlife spots around the world ? Sure , there are better ones and worse ones but i've allways had that kind of feeling around tourist nightlife areas . It is fun if you use it , for what it is supposed to be , nothing more nothing less . It is NOT a living area , it is entertainment area . Same like anywhere in Thailand also , stay away from the cities ( especially the centers ) and you will be in another world , with different behaviour .

Want nightlife in BKK , Nana is good , and in fact Sukhumvit is good  . You want to live , go as far away from it as possible .

40 minutes ago, sezze said:

Yes you are right . It is horrible and you really feel like the "tourist" and taxi's are a hassle and whatever . However , isn't that the case with all busy tourist nightlife spots around the world ? Sure , there are better ones and worse ones but i've allways had that kind of feeling around tourist nightlife areas . It is fun if you use it , for what it is supposed to be , nothing more nothing less . It is NOT a living area , it is entertainment area . Same like anywhere in Thailand also , stay away from the cities ( especially the centers ) and you will be in another world , with different behaviour .

Want nightlife in BKK , Nana is good , and in fact Sukhumvit is good  . You want to live , go as far away from it as possible .

Plenty of decent places to live on or near Sukhumvit - for those of us aware that it extends past Asok, anyway...

26 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

Plenty of decent places to live on or near Sukhumvit - for those of us aware that it extends past Asok, anyway...

Oh yes i know , but the further away the better :rolleyes:. The closer near area Nana and Asok , more worse . And probably in that area also , 1 soi is not the same like another .

On August 14, 2016 at 4:54 PM, bkk6060 said:

Good times. All those depressed guys with their old lady wives with their hair in a bun on holiday looking in envy.

Yeah, in particular they envy the poor fools constantly wondering whether their teerak's "brother" is banging her behind his back. 

On 8/24/2016 at 10:43 PM, SoiBiker said:

Do you know any place on or near Sukhumvit that is more than 1km from a brothel?

1 minute ago, SoiBiker said:

Yeah. Why would I bring up Nana in a thread about.......oh, right.

Yes but I was interested when you suggested there was a hooker-free part of Sukhumvit.......

Not the bit near Cambodia. The bit near, you know, Nana.

7 minutes ago, thedemon said:

Yes but I was interested when you suggested there was a hooker-free part of Sukhumvit.......

Not the bit near Cambodia. The bit near, you know, Nana.

Is there a hooker-free bit of the section with the hookers, you mean?

Bit of a silly question. 

Archived