Pattaya is dead

VIPinthailand

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after just returning from Chiang Mai yesterday two things really surprised me close to where I live near Big C Extra.

firstly on a Friday night the well-publicised Sports Bar was closedblink.png wasn't sure if they were closed permanently because there seemed to be a dim light behind the shutter doors but I just thought it was unusual for the beginning of the weekend.

The second place that has definitely gone out of business is another bar a few doors up from the Sports Bar.

It used to be owned by a westerner and was called the Stupid Barlaugh.png then that closed and it looked like a group of Thais took it over and after big fanfare opening it still only had two or three customers whenever you walked past. Now that has gone out of business entirely.

Edited by Asiantravel

after just returning from Chiang Mai yesterday two things really surprised me close to where I live near Big C Extra.

firstly on a Friday night the well-publicised Sports Bar was closedblink.png wasn't sure if they were closed permanently because there seemed to be a dim light behind the shutter doors but I just thought it was unusual for the beginning of the weekend.

The second place that has definitely gone out of business is another bar a few doors up from the Sports Bar.

It used to be owned by a westerner and was called the Stupid Barlaugh.png then that closed and it looked like a group of Thais took it over and after big fanfare opening it still only had two or three customers whenever you walked past. Now that has gone out of business entirely.

More will follow in the coming months. sad.png

Yes, and stupid farangs without a clue will buy them to throw good money after bad.

Yes, and stupid farangs without a clue will buy them to throw good money after bad.

That never ending supply maybe coming to an end. It certainly has in Patong.

Not that long ago, any bar that went up for sale in Soi Bangla was snatched up. They were sold before they could be advertised.

Now there are many bars up for sale with no buyers.

I do not agree Pattaya is dead. Maybe in March but this month is very busy.

When I was booking a hotel in Soi13 for 6 nights at the end of Jan, Dynasty Inn was full & a few others were showing only 1 or 2 rooms available on Agoda etc...

go little bit further than Pattaya, no soul south jomptien and plenty of empty buildings. this place will crash soon.

I just spent a month there and your wrong. There are tons of people mainly Russians and quite often I would have to skip two or three baht buses with people trying to climb the roof for space.

My mates guest rooms house is packed and the place next door had all 24

Rooms filled for a while

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

go little bit further than Pattaya, no soul south jomptien and plenty of empty buildings. this place will crash soon.

I just spent a month there and your wrong. There are tons of people mainly Russians and quite often I would have to skip two or three baht buses with people trying to climb the roof for space.

Rooms filled for a while

I was in Pattaya for December and spent some time in Jomtien. It looked to be relatively thriving - dominated by Russian couples/families but many places looked busy.

Rooms filled for a while

I was in Pattaya for December and spent some time in Jomtien. It looked to be relatively thriving - dominated by Russian couples/families but many places looked busy.

Yes, the Russians haven't left they just went south, felt more like Moscow than jomtien. Some of the lady's were stunning though..

Edited by mcfish

Real tourists, LOL

Who are they then? People with money, people with not much money, backpackers, the Chinese tour groups, the Russians, the Indians, Brit louts, Brit guys that aren't louts, French, Germans, Scandinavians, Aussies, Kiwis, Americans, Arabs, families, singles? All of those already go to Pattaya, and far as I'm concerned anyone that came from another country and is going back to another country within a few months is a real tourist.

BTW Bali Hi is a death trap for the thousands that go there to celebrate. One day it is all going to go wrong. It's far better when they close Beach Rd for celebrations- more exits.

Why do you consider Bali High a death trap ?

i must admit i have not been down there for 6-7 years for a large event.

is it just the huge numbers in that location ? wai2.gif

The end near walking street is a bottleneck, and if there was a panic there is no way out except for a few at a time

Don't say that they could just go out towards the lighthouse- when I was there for new year in 2011 the crowd in that area was immense and in a panic you know what happens.

There was a panic resulting in many deaths at a similar celebration some other country at that time- I don't recall where.

I was very uneasy about being in the crowd, as I could see what might happen. Never went there for another celebration.

That's why I said Beach Rd is better for celebrations. There have been too many mass casualties caused by panic elsewhere to say it couldn't happen in Pattaya.

Ok. yes would be hard to control a mass panic.

But people could move up towards the fly over, that is a way out. wai2.gif

I felt so uncomfortable jus after a 100 meters that we actually left walking St and headed back to the hotel balcony.

Edited by mcfish

Rooms filled for a while

Yes, the Russians haven't left they just went south, felt more like Moscow than jomtien. Some of the lady's were stunning though..

I didn't come to Thailand for that type of female ...... your observation is perfectly valid though.

Rooms filled for a while

I didn't come to Thailand for that type of female ...... your observation is perfectly valid though.

When you been hear long enough, blonde, blue eyes is the new exotic lol

Cosy Beach, which used to be "little Russia" is extremely quiet at the moment. The beer bars and restaurants were empty. Drove from the Bus Station to South Pattaya at 3pm and was surprised how little traffic there was.

Yippeee!

This is getting better and better. The money boys behind the despoliation of Fun City with their Centrals and marinas and Bali Hi carparks and horrid walkways must be sweating right now. EXCELLENT. I hope they get severly burnt.

Fun City hurrah.

Where I agree that it is slow business in Pattaya, I would suggest that you have a look at the current situation in your home country wherever you're from, before you continue to applaud the economic downturn in Thailand.

This is getting better and better. The money boys behind the despoliation of Fun City with their Centrals and marinas and Bali Hi carparks and horrid walkways must be sweating right now. EXCELLENT. I hope they get severly burnt.

Fun City hurrah.

Where I agree that it is slow business in Pattaya, I would suggest that you have a look at the current situation in your home country wherever you're from, before you continue to applaud the economic downturn in Thailand.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. I just want the rich guys trying to ruin Fun City to go broke so they'll stop ruining it. I don't see what back home has to do with that. There are no "Fun Citys" in my home country to ruin anyway, and there's not much fun either, because the PC clowns have taken it over.

Where do I say I want THAILAND to go broke? I didn't, so please stop trying to twist what I said. I want rich people ruining PATTAYA to go broke, that's all.

Fun City hurrah.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. I just want the rich guys trying to ruin Fun City to go broke so they'll stop ruining it. I don't see what back home has to do with that. There are no "Fun Citys" in my home country to ruin anyway, and there's not much fun either, because the PC clowns have taken it over.

Where do I say I want THAILAND to go broke? I didn't, so please stop trying to twist what I said. I want rich people ruining PATTAYA to go broke, that's all.

So taking a dirty, smelly city more upscale is ruining it in your book?

The reason that business is slow in Pattaya is not because they build some upscale hotels and shopping malls, but because there is hunger and destruction in the Western world and they don't have the money anymore to spend.

The reason that business is slow in Pattaya is not because they build some upscale hotels and shopping malls, but because there is hunger and destruction in the Western world and they don't have the money anymore to spend.

I do believe you have a point, people in the west don't have so much spare cash to blow on holidays in Thailand.

Also with resent events around the world and in Thailand.

it makes people nervous.

Tourism as we know it, may well change world wide soon.

hope not, but just look at the crap going on now in Europe

it all has a knock on effect. wai2.gif

Fun City hurrah.

LoL.....i guess trying to turn the global capital of whoring into something it can never be has nothing to do with it.

LoL.....i guess trying to turn the global capital of whoring into something it can never be has nothing to do with it.

If everyone in the world had the same understanding about improvement as you, we would all still live in caves.

Fun City hurrah.

Poor baby. Less cheap sex for u