Pattaya is dead

VIPinthailand

Disagree, if you want the best girls 9pm is prime hunting. It is not a benefit to have a ton of other guys there. No worries of kissing her and getting a salty taste either.

Indeed, too much salt on a margarita glass will do this. Best if she drinks something else. thumbsup.gif

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagree, if you want the best girls 9pm is prime hunting. It is not a benefit to have a ton of other guys there. No worries of kissing her and getting a salty taste either.

One of the biggest changes in Pattaya is that some of the most popular gogos no longer have barfining as the main reason to visit. Sapphire on soi 15 is a good example of this.

clean the beach and the water so people can actually swim in it. Then let Pattaya run its course. It will find its direction. Keep a mix of high end if you like, but I prefer mid to low end. I don't go half way around the world to shop in a mall. Got plenty of malls here in the US of A. I don't even swim in Jomtien any more as I have seen that water go downhill. Not being able to easily swim cramps what I like to do in Pattaya and on vacation. I loved going to Phuket and Karon beach and Ao Nang twice on my last two month holiday. But I still wouldn't mind hanging in Pattaya. I enjoy the convenience of the German food, catching a Thai movie at the theater once or twice a week, soapie massage, foot massage, plenty of gogos, lounging at the pool in the shade on a hot day, etc.

One of the biggest changes in Pattaya is that some of the most popular gogos no longer have barfining as the main reason to visit. Sapphire on soi 15 is a good example of this.

What is the main reason to visit Sapphire, if it isn't bar fining?

Worldwide, years ago it was gstrings.

There was another one by soi 4 or 5 in a small bar complex (Susies, I think), but I am sure it was restricted to Japanese customers.

Missed this one .

Yes your right that was the third one, (pretty sure it was a gogo)

i can remember the name

It was all blacked out windows and had some sign on the door with Japanese customers only ( or something like that on it )

Remember walking up to it and having a look.

that would have been around 97-99 ish.

wai2.gif

There was another Beach Road gogo on the right hand side before Walking Street, forget the name but they used to do all the 'old style' gogo stuff in there.

Drinking in a clubby atmosphere with hot girls dancing ( google " bikini mafia"). Not suitable for hardcore, old style mongers.

Was it called Marilyn A gogo

just above the small bar complex, at the entrance to walking street ?

Some good memories on here.

So, there was TQ1, Susies (Soi 4/5), and as you said Marilyn's.

In those days thee was not much after Second Road, and North Pattaya was very quiet, not much between Soi Yodsak and the Dolphin roundabout.

Worldwide, years ago it was gstrings.

There was another one by soi 4 or 5 in a small bar complex (Susies, I think), but I am sure it was restricted to Japanese customers.

Missed this one .

Yes your right that was the third one, (pretty sure it was a gogo)

i can remember the name

It was all blacked out windows and had some sign on the door with Japanese customers only ( or something like that on it )

Remember walking up to it and having a look.

that would have been around 97-99 ish.

wai2.gif

But unless Central road has been moved in the past, the 3rd one wasn't between central road and walking street, as you tried to bait me smile.png

I don't go half way around the world to shop in a mall. Got plenty of malls here in the US of A.

... as most of the foreign tourists have malls back at home, but they really appreciate Central and Royal Garden Mall judging by the number of tourists in them. It's a bonus for people who may not expect these type of luxuries in Pattaya. Also, a lot of tourists are afraid to eat off the street or in low hygiene restaurants (most of them) as it can be the quickest way to spoil a one or two week vacation. They have a big variety of clean food in the malls - food they may recognize from back at home - or they can eat Thai food cooked cleanly.

A lot of the Asian tourists love shopping malls where they can hang out in air conditioned comfort. Shopping Malls are big business all around Asia. It's not like the malls are chasing away non-mall people.

See a new low budget , all you can eat BBQ Thai style ( Ninja )

is about to open soon on Second road jomtien,

Reckon the place will do well from the few Russian that are left and the tour buses

of Chinese.

Just before Chyapock 1 Junction on the left.

Great buffets to go to if you're on a diet as there isn't much a fussy person would want to eat.biggrin.png

My pet hate are those buffets which have a disposal bin under the table. One look at that and I've lost my appetite. Cockroaches (the kitchen bred German variety) and rats keep me out of many places too. Cats walking around tables are also a good appetite suppressant.

Edited by tropo

If they don't barfine they are Coyote bars, not gogos.

I don't go half way around the world to shop in a mall. Got plenty of malls here in the US of A.

... as most of the foreign tourists have malls back at home, but they really appreciate Central and Royal Garden Mall judging by the number of tourists in them. It's a bonus for people who may not expect these type of luxuries in Pattaya. Also, a lot of tourists are afraid to eat off the street or in low hygiene restaurants (most of them) as it can be the quickest way to spoil a one or two week vacation. They have a big variety of clean food in the malls - food they may recognize from back at home - or they can eat Thai food cooked cleanly.

A lot of the Asian tourists love shopping malls where they can hang out in air conditioned comfort. Shopping Malls are big business all around Asia. It's not like the malls are chasing away non-mall people.

Hmmmm. I've eaten at a LOT of hole in the wall Thai restaurants without a problem, but got really bad food poisoning at a very upmarket western chain restaurant.

See a new low budget , all you can eat BBQ Thai style ( Ninja )

is about to open soon on Second road jomtien,

Reckon the place will do well from the few Russian that are left and the tour buses

of Chinese.

Just before Chyapock 1 Junction on the left.

Great buffets to go to if you're on a diet as there isn't much a fussy person would want to eat.biggrin.png

My pet hate are those buffets which have a disposal bin under the table. One look at that and I've lost my appetite. Cockroaches (the kitchen bred German variety) and rats keep me out of many places too. Cats walking around tables are also a good appetite suppressant.

Get a life . bah.gif

Like the life of a heavy beer drinker? Is that the kind of life you're suggesting here?

Hmmmm. I've eaten at a LOT of hole in the wall Thai restaurants without a problem, but got really bad food poisoning at a very upmarket western chain restaurant.

Of course you can get food poisoning from anywhere. It's about reducing the chances. I've never had food poisoning from the clean restaurants I frequent in Pattaya in 10 years, but have had on even a rare visit to a dirty restaurant or cart. There are degrees of poisoning, but a heavy bout is something you won't forget in a hurry, and it will destroy a holiday.

If they don't barfine they are Coyote bars, not gogos.

Usually there is a mixture of both. In any case coyotes can be barfined in some bars (e.g. Secrets). Coyotes are better identified by their dance outfits (tight tops and short shorts) while gogo girls wear bikinis or less.

I think a lot of punters wouldn't have known that. I didn't, and I won't be going there again.

Lot quieter now compared to this time last year IMHO.

Certainly isn't the music.

Certainly isn't the music.

Because the bar owners allow the DJs to pick the music to suit themselves, they play stuff few of the customers want to hear. Playskool in Nana used to play decent rock and roll, but that was back in the 90s, and I think it would be hard to find a gogo that plays anything enjoyable now.

The answer to not enjoyable or too loud "music" is to refuse to give a tip when leaving and say why to the service person.

If enough people did that, things would change.

Pattaya dead??

Went for dinner to Sizzler's in Central.....10 people que

Went for a walk from Central towards Walking Street........

tried initially to take a song taew, but those available were only for VIP-hire and the rest were packed.

Mulligan's, just outside Central......packed

Hopf, just before Royal Garden on the left....packed....20 people in a que

Hooters, obviously in an opening-party...packed

Pattaya dead? I guess that the empty bars are more caused by a lack of commercial creativity by owners/managers.

Pattaya dead??

tried initially to take a song taew, but those available were only for VIP-hire and the rest were packed.

Pattaya dead? I guess that the empty bars are more caused by a lack of commercial creativity by owners/managers.

those places are busy every weekend when Thais come down from Bangkok. if you check them out during the week will be a little quieter

Pattaya dead??

that's not surprising because it's still only the third week of January?blink.png

Please come back after Chinese New Year or even better in March and count the number of for sale or for rent signs there are on the vacant shops around the citysad.png

Pattaya dead??

Even if expats don't care: its Sunday tongue.png

(or was that yesterday? Hooters has opened sometime before, NY?)

A dead weekend in Pattaya (and on Beach road) would indeed be surprising.

Report again tomorrow.

Pattaya dead??

that's not surprising because it's still only the third week of January?blink.png

Please come back after Chinese New Year or even better in March and count the number of for sale or for rent signs there are on the vacant shops around the citysad.png

What you are basically saying is Pattaya good high season..bad low season.

I would have thought that is pretty obvious

Pattaya dead??

But, but I read on here that high season in Pattaya is only from the day before Christmas till 1st weekend after new year.

Pattaya dead??

But, but I read on here that high season in Pattaya is only from the day before Christmas till 1st weekend after new year.

That would probably be 'peak season'

What is the point of a Hooters in pattaya, I don't see many punters being like "oh yeh it has the hottest girls in town lets go there" what about the extra curricular activaties?

The same goes for Kyotie Bars, I go to some occasional but just for a warm up drink, occasionaly I'm not going to spend any serious money in there