Pattaya is dead

VIPinthailand

only a few bars seem to have a few customers this year, the rest of the bars are empty. people are just walking in shopping malls probably just for the air conditioning but I have not seen people with bags

I rode last day along the front beach in 2 minutes. no much traffic.

Pattaya is a dead zone. I bet movies theaters are empty too.

many shops closed already.

why?

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Immigration is full with queues out the door, Beach Road is chocka from 5pm onwards, I struggled to book a room for a friend arriving tomorrow....guess its quite...oh the bars are quite

Can you give me the name of the hotel where you tried for tomorrow please?

Immigration is full with queues out the door, Beach Road is chocka from 5pm onwards, I struggled to book a room for a friend arriving tomorrow....guess its quite...oh the bars are quite

What does this have to do with Tourists?

We know that there are many trying to eke out a liking there, as well as those living a life of leisure. But why would high season tourists be at the Immigration office?

This is super peak season. There would be something seriously wrong if there was no one there at all.

well after 6pm most people go out and they don't go the beach, every bar from second road back to 3rd road is busy, Ne plaza is busy

Soi Buakhao is busy, Lk metro is busy

its HIGH season and as busy as it has been in the past 12 years

most hotels are booked up

well after 6pm most people go out and they don't go the beach, every bar from second road back to 3rd road is busy, Ne plaza is busy

Soi Buakhao is busy, Lk metro is busy

its HIGH season and as busy as it has been in the past 12 years

most hotels are booked up

Awesome, so lets try this trick with another poster, can you please give me the names of those hotels which are booked up?,

I have been here for 8 straight hi-seasons. I know a beer bar owner on Walking St. / Soi Diamond. Every year has been worst than the one before according to both of us.

Nah , you lying as according to 2 posters already the place is jammed packed and MOST hotels are fully booked, in fact so booked that many offering 50% off in high season.biggrin.png

Its always hard to get the truth on these things....lots of bloody bingo players with business interests talking up the place.

Have a look at Soi buakhao. Previous years there was no chance to get a shop. This year already at least 8 empty ones in prime locations .

I only prey I am wrong but I think by March of 2016, this number will triple if not more, that includes small guesthouse and hotels

Its always hard to get the truth on these things....lots of bloody bingo players with business interests talking up the place.

Have a look at Soi buakhao. Previous years there was no chance to get a shop. This year already at least 8 empty ones in prime locations .

I only prey I am wrong but I think by March of 2016, this number will triple if not more, that includes small guesthouse and hotels

about soi buakao, 4 years ago the 2 sawadee hotels were already falling apart ...beginning of december, for the mansion , were only 4 guest and around the pool of the second just one lesbian couple whistling.gif

did the managers find money to renovate ? or the buildings are already collapsed ? biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Crikey, the annual 'how quiet is Pattaya this high season' thread has started earlier than previous years! Now that it has started let's keep it going till low season is upon us. It's up to us to count bums on seats in bars, watch out for traffic jams, the ratio of Thais to Chinese, Russians and whoever else and the numbers of real shoppers in Central Festival as against those just window shopping. Please report back here on your findings.

I lived in Pattaya for a few months a couple of years ago. I have no idea if the hotels were fully booked or not when I was living there as I had no reason to look.

I would hazard a guess that only tourists or hotel employees could tell you if hotels are full or not.

Why would a person living there have any need to contact a hotel ?

about soi buakao, 4 years ago the 2 sawadee hotels were already falling apart ...beginning of december, for the mansion , were only 4 guest and around the pool of the second just one lesbian couple whistling.gif

did the managers find money to renovate ? or the buildings are already collapsed ? biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

The outside was painted , the inside untouched

With the Wave hotel asking £354 per night for a room 2nd-17th January, I'm guessing that (at least) they are pretty busy or increasing their prices to make up for lack of customers (can get a room in there for £99 the week after).

Even though it doesn't include Xmas/New year, seems a lot of hotels are busy/expensive in Pattaya around this time, by contrast, no problem getting a room in the Ambassador in Bangkok for 1/10th of this for NYE, might just have to stay there longer this trip.

Wow, not on my watch....try Made in Thailand Soi or New Plaza. Soi or even Toy Bar up near Kiss Restaurant near Mike's Shopping Mall any day around the 4 AM hour.....all the spots are jumping....and all the action seems to be on 3rd Road these days with the Thai folks....all the new clubs are packed out 8 days a week until the early hours of the morning....?

Archived