Pattaya is dead

VIPinthailand

What is the point of a Hooters in pattaya, I don't see many punters being like "oh yeh it has the hottest girls in town lets go there" what about the extra curricular activaties?

The same goes for Kyotie Bars, I go to some occasional but just for a warm up drink, occasionaly I'm not going to spend any serious money in there

It's about the burgers and wings...

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the point of a Hooters in pattaya,

The point is curiosity. Its something new/different.

Come back in September and check whether it is still that packed.

And I haven't seen the menu/price list.

Anyone has?

Pattaya dead??

Went for dinner to Sizzler's in Central.....10 people que

Went for a walk from Central towards Walking Street........

tried initially to take a song taew, but those available were only for VIP-hire and the rest were packed.

Mulligan's, just outside Central......packed

Hopf, just before Royal Garden on the left....packed....20 people in a que

Hooters, obviously in an opening-party...packed

Pattaya dead? I guess that the empty bars are more caused by a lack of commercial creativity by owners/managers.

Even if expats don't care: its Sunday tongue.png

(or was that yesterday? Hooters has opened sometime before, NY?)

A dead weekend in Pattaya (and on Beach road) would indeed be surprising.

Report again tomorrow.

According to their facebook page the Hooters Pattaya grand opening was on 16th of January.

Pattaya dead??

tried initially to take a song taew, but those available were only for VIP-hire and the rest were packed.

Pattaya dead? I guess that the empty bars are more caused by a lack of commercial creativity by owners/managers.

Report again tomorrow.

According to their facebook page the Hooters Pattaya grand opening was on 16th of January.

soft opening was before new years

Pattaya dead??

Report again tomorrow.

So this supports my remark about "curiosity"/"something new" even more.

Grand opening on a Saturday in mid January.

If that would not have been packed they could close down quickly.

i saw a snap from a friend....the walking street was coompletly full of crazy human being ......... and its pattaya...ya all are so dramatic...the place will never die..... my only negative point on the city..is the attitude of the Farang...lol ..... anyway the place is vicoious go there be vicious..After all what happenned in pattaya stayed in pattaya right? just saying lol

Wow what a day , it took me 1 hour to drive my car from Jomtien to Central via Thepprasit. Late afternoon but still didnt expect this crazy traffic. And it's crowded everywhere, inside Central there's a queue in front of the food court and it's already 8 pm !

Wow what a day , it took me 1 hour to drive my car from Jomtien to Central via Thepprasit. Late afternoon but still didnt expect this crazy traffic. And it's crowded everywhere, inside Central there's a queue in front of the food court and it's already 8 pm !

Assuming you posted that on Saturday, no surprises. The Bkk Thais go en mass to Pattaya on the weekend.

Given that this thread is about farang numbers in Pattaya, can you repeat on Wednesday at same time and report back then, Thank you.

in pattaya now , soi buakao is extremely busy day and night , most bars are " FULL" untill 2am. LK metro is allways busy. soi buakao is bedlam to drive down during the day on fri-tues market days especially. soi 7-8 are full at night, not day. walking street will allways be busy as usual.

so no, pattaya is not dead now.

This thread is deliriously crazy. Last night there were actually two walking streets. There was a second walking street trying to get to the first walking street

I never seen so many people in past years.

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

I tried to start a new thread so as to not disturb this thread but was sent here to express my thoughts. so here goes.

Dead or not dead. Which do you prefer.

I read here where walking street is packed,the beach is full,restaurants are lined up.the list goes on. So I ask myself do I want to be shoulder to shoulder with other people all day and night on a holiday? Do I want to sit on a beach full of people and not see sand but see people and umbrellas and chairs. Do i want to stand in line to eat? Hotels harder to get.

I wouldnot go there because of the crowds,it would chase me away. I wonder how many other people feel the same way.

I wanted to come to Pattaya this week because I heard it was not to busy. Great time to go. Get away from the cold. But I read threads like this I am writing this from home not Pattaya I decided to stay home till it quiets down.

So please give me your opinion of what you prefer when you holiday. Do you like crowds and line ups . Or do like space and and easy access to your wants and needs.

Or more simply put would you go because it is crowded?

I tried to start a new thread so as to not disturb this thread but was sent here to express my thoughts. so here goes.

I read here where walking street is packed,the beach is full,restaurants are lined up.the list goes on. So I ask myself do I want to be shoulder to shoulder with other people all day and night on a holiday? Do I want to sit on a beach full of people and not see sand but see people and umbrellas and chairs. Do i want to stand in line to eat? Hotels harder to get.

I wouldnot go there because of the crowds,it would chase me away. I wonder how many other people feel the same way.

I wanted to come to Pattaya this week because I heard it was not to busy. Great time to go. Get away from the cold. But I read threads like this I am writing this from home not Pattaya I decided to stay home till it quiets down.

So please give me your opinion of what you prefer when you holiday. Do you like crowds and line ups . Or do like space and and easy access to your wants and needs.

Honestly..you think too much .... if you wanna go there for a week or more ? like Max One month..you can have so much fun ...... just do it... i think 10 Days is perfect !!!!!!

Honestly..you think too much .... if you wanna go there for a week or more ? like Max One month..you can have so much fun ...... just do it... i think 10 Days is perfect !!!!!!

I have been going there for over 20 years so no need to tell me how to do it ok.I know what and where to go. Just asking do people like crowds or not I personnally go when it is not crowded. So i will ask again since my thread was closed and you take it off topic also. Who likes going to go to crowded beach cities. I personally do not like.crowded beachs and line ups for restaurants so would like to know who looks for crowds to follow and who stays away.This is to see if people posting about crowds help Pattaya or hurt it.

I forgot to sayI go many times a year i live in thailand and always go when it is less crowded.

Edited by lovelomsak

I have been going there for over 20 years so no need to tell me how to do it ok.I know what and where to go. Just asking do people like crowds or not I personnally go when it is not crowded. So i will ask again since my thread was closed and you take it off topic also. Who likes going to crowded beach cities. I personally do not.crowded beachs and line ups for restaurants so would like to know who looks for crowds to follow and who stays away.This is to see if people posting about crowds help Pattaya or hurt it.

LOL PATTAYA is UNIQUE .... especially when its full of people from around the world.... its an amazing show !!!!! an unique experience........

I doubt a few farang posting on Pattaya could hurt it but to answer your question, I don't like crowds in peak season for many reasons but especially the over stuffed baht busses with sweaty and sometimes unwashed farang.

Fighting miles of Chinese is annoying as well

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

I have been going there for over 20 years so no need to tell me how to do it ok.I know what and where to go. Just asking do people like crowds or not I personnally go when it is not crowded. So i will ask again since my thread was closed and you take it off topic also. Who likes going to crowded beach cities. I personally do not.crowded beachs and line ups for restaurants so would like to know who looks for crowds to follow and who stays away.This is to see if people posting about crowds help Pattaya or hurt it.

LOL PATTAYA is UNIQUE .... especially when its full of people from around the world.... its an amazing show !!!!! an unique experience........

So I can take this as you like to follow the crowd. At least I got one opinion.

if am looking for the calm..i wont be in Pattaya ...Obviously...wink.png

It's not difficult to find quiet places to live in Pattaya. For example, I live 500m (as the crow flies) from Walking Street and all I hear right now are birds chirping.

Haven't been near the internet for a couple of weeks or so and this thread is still going, but I still don't know if there are as many farangs as usual. Soi 7 & 8 and Buakhao are but a very small part of Pattaya, so that isn't any indication. Has ANYONE walked from Naklua to Bali Hi recently? That would be the only real indicator.

http://www.lk-metro.com/webcam-1/

See for yourself !!!!!!

That will answer properly the question of the topic !

thumbsup.gif

No it won't. LK is a miniscule part of the entertainment zone, so however many are there it means nothing in the overall context of Pattaya as a whole re tourists.

The only indisputable way of telling is to obtain bed occupation numbers for the past few years, and I have no idea how to obtain those, without knowing someone in immigration that collates all the hotel notifications.

See for yourself !!!!!!

thumbsup.gif

No it won't. LK is a miniscule part of the entertainment zone, so however many are there it means nothing in the overall context of Pattaya as a whole re tourists.

The only indisputable way of telling is to obtain bed occupation numbers for the past few years, and I have no idea how to obtain those, without knowing someone in immigration that collates all the hotel notifications.

for me it is...many Live Cam on that webite...i got my answer...And sorry but Pattaya can't die...lol ...it is immortal :) and it will always be..... i just hope the good farang can take care of the place and help the thai keep the place running fine....

See for yourself !!!!!!

thumbsup.gif

Too many different types of accommodation to find that anyway. People stay in rental apartments, hotels, mom and pop guest houses, with friends etc

I think the only real measure to go by is the airport arrivals. And from there people go to all parts of Thailand. I mean you might put Bangkok on your arrival card but of course end up in Patts. So I don't think it will really tell the full story.

Edited by Tolley

Well, looks like this high season's DYING PATTAYA flapdoodle thread is drawing to a close. Guess we'll have to wait for the low season's LOWEST EVER??? thread to repeat it all again. Just for fun, in an extra essay page linked to the upcoming Songkran FAQ, I'll introduce the Pattaya Doom Indicator (PDI)©, with a chart, so's we can start making some money on these threads. Turns out that the PDI© is a pretty reliable inverse indicator. Stay tuned! biggrin.png

Edited by JSixpack