Missing-and-found Brit paraded by cops, 'apologizes' to Thais

snoop1130

Immature, selfish, irresponsible, stupid....... He's 21 and not exactly a kid. If he were mine I'd disown him.

With a flippant attitude like that, then if I was your kid, I would do exactly this so you would disown me. I could not stand having a "perfect" Dad who never did wrong in his life. If one mistake a child makes was enough for you to disown, him then I hope you are gay and never had the opportunity to breed.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy wants drama...boy gets drama.

Tit for T.A.T.

I suppose all the attacks on Brits this year have brought alot of pressure on Thailand to take action. So they did. This case was easy, though.

I don't know if it is because they are easy targets, or otherwise obnoxious...but Brits have sure been taking on alot of public humiliation this year. I would recommend they tread carefully.

All these Brits and other Westerners, stop walking through the streets and shopping malls drunk and showing

off your fat ugly tattooed bodies, then you might get more respect from the Thais.

Like Thais dont do the same thing??? You dont live in Thailand do you?

3l2m1nn

Tit for T.A.T.

I suppose all the attacks on Brits this year have brought alot of pressure on Thailand to take action. So they did. This case was easy, though.

I don't know if it is because they are easy targets, or otherwise obnoxious...but Brits have sure been taking on alot of public humiliation this year. I would recommend they tread carefully.

All these Brits and other Westerners, stop walking through the streets and shopping malls drunk and showing

off your fat ugly tattooed bodies, then you might get more respect from the Thais.

I don't recall seeing shirtless Thai guys walking around the streets and malls, although there may be the odd exception, unless they are workmen.

The dick head should have refused to apologize. Is there a law against it? In any case he could have e extended his fame, spent a week in jail and then sell his story to 60 minutes for 500k

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

What absurd posturing. What sort of idiotic game are they playing here? Would a Thai in a similar position in the UK, have to apologize to the nation? Thailand should make a New Years resolution to do away with hubris and 'face', or simply put away such childish, petulant values, and grow up.

Why would you expect Thailand to live according to the UK rules and culture?

I think the reason this made the international news is that it is known that many tourists (especially backpackers and single men) do experience Thailand's violent dark side and quite a few meet a nasty end. In this case it was just a stupid boy but they will be keen to highlight that this time they were completely blameless.

Totally bizarre but then again T.I.T.

I know his family tried to get online help to find him. But how exactly were the police involved.

Wouldn't there need to be a person who filed some sort of report for the police to act.

All this hoo-ha about bringing him out on show but how were they involved in the first place.

Immature, selfish, irresponsible, stupid....... He's 21 and not exactly a kid. If he were mine I'd disown him.

With a flippant attitude like that, then if I was your kid, I would do exactly this so you would disown me. I could not stand having a "perfect" Dad who never did wrong in his life. If one mistake a child makes was enough for you to disown, him then I hope you are gay and never had the opportunity to breed.

Sounds like you forgot your meds again, club man. What if if your kid came to Thailand and had a little gay adventure? 555 the entertainment never ends on here.

What absurd posturing. What sort of idiotic game are they playing here? Would a Thai in a similar position in the UK, have to apologize to the nation? Thailand should make a New Years resolution to do away with hubris and 'face', or simply put away such childish, petulant values, and grow up.

Why would you expect Thailand to live according to the UK rules and culture?

Haha ho ho. What a lark, it was all a big joke for laughing boy. Until it wasn't.

Your passport clearly asks you not to behave like a <deleted> and accept that you abide by rules overseas. Or if you can't, be smart enough not to draw attention to yourself.

I can assure you that in Australia he'd be ridiculed publicly as well, probably on a morning TV interview. And expected to pay for any public search and rescue efforts following his dramatic dissappearace.

He got off cheaply here.

I think half the men here should have Shaun the Sheep as their mascot/avatar.

One wally here decides that Thailand is a really bad country and who are the Thai police to parade a Brit to apologise for wasting valuable time and resources? Then, just like sheep, a whole flock arrives to say the same thing, at least one just copied and pasted the bleat, saving himself a bit of effort.

The more rational have pointed out that this lad is a tool and he really needs to be sent home. Don't forget, when he gets home, he will be treated like a celeb for a while, given the culture there. I would be tempted to disown the creature too if he were mine as not only was his mother planning to get to Thailand to try to find him but she would have had to stop vital anti cancer therapy to do so.

Wearing a baseball cap back to front makes him an even bigger tool.

I'd say the "wally" would be he who misses the point and focuses the attention on the boy, conveniently ignoring the double standards going on. Are you an apologist for the Thai police in the Ko Toa case as well?

--oo0oo--

First and foremost you seem to have admitted that you made an incredibly insensitive and self damning remark by saying how awful Thailand is: you live here do you? If so, why? If Thailand is so awful then do yourself a favour and go home. Like many people I have been here by choice for a long time. The country is not perfect but neither is my home country. I am guest here and whilst I might have my complaints of things that happen here I never do what you did.

Secondly, you have completely missed the point of my post in which I talk about something other than the boy and I want to know what double standards you are talking about? This young man did something idiotic that involved a number of people and caused his family a lot of grief. Moreover, the British Consulate were involved in some way as were the RTP. Where I come from the man has been guilty of wasting police time and resources at the very least.

Don't you understand that the Thais do not want more and more loafers doing this kind of thing? So they have made an example of the man and good for them. You might think it heavy handed and you might think they are not being fair but that's because you started talking in this thread in an angry and biased way and you haven't changed since then.

I don't need to be an apologist for anyone or anything to hold the views I hold. In discussions over my life I have vehemently disagreed with someone one day and wholeheartedly supported them the following day. If you think that makes me an apologist, well, that's something else you don't understand

Edited by todlad

Asking Thailand to apologize for anything, just because they shamed and humiliated a white boy who needed a grow-up call, is redundant.

By all means you may be totally justified, young jj here is not the only person in Thailand that needs a long overdue boot up the arse, but if you cant even convince me that this is the appropriate time place and channel to get your apology, it won't wash with the locals.

Don't use this idiot boys plight to make a point about other troubling things that have no bearing on this incident, you only dilute your case to irrelevancy.

Amazing.

Simply amazing how this story brings out so many Thai bashing posts and references to the KT murders.

Simply amazing so many of you still choose to live in a country you obviously can't stand full of a culture and it's people you can't stand.

Pretty decent police work finding one scheming, selfish loser tourist during the high season in a country full of so many.

Personally, I am just glad this story of a missing Brit tourist had a happy ending.

Amazing.

Simply amazing how this story brings out so many Thai bashing posts and references to the KT murders.

Simply amazing so many of you still choose to live in a country you obviously can't stand full of a culture and it's people you can't stand.

Pretty decent police work finding one scheming, selfish loser tourist during the high season in a country full of so many.

Personally, I am just glad this story of a missing Brit tourist had a happy ending.

everyone should admit that the N° 1 / ultimate advantage to live in thailand is the cost of living..... nomore the mentality/culture, not the police/justice/health care , and so many others policies, even not the climate tongue.png

personally i would be glad if the cases of genuine missing people (whatever nationality) had turned to happy ending tongue.png

Tit for T.A.T.

3l2m1nn
No Thais don't do this the way low lifer tourists do.

Thai gangster types have yakuza style tattoos under their shirt line, they will sometimes go shirtless in the baan after a few drinks, but, they don't do this unless they are in or near their homes or the ocean environment. Or crazy. It is very low form because of the gang banger implications here, which are not cool like overseas. I have not seen shirtless Thais in public spaces, in the same way whitey does this, nor do Africans, Indians, Chinese and all the other tourists we love to hate. So one of us is seeing things.

Amazing.

everyone should admit that the N° 1 / ultimate advantage to live in thailand is the cost of living..... nomore the mentality/culture, not the police/justice/health care , and so many others policies, even not the climate tongue.png

personally i would be glad if the cases of genuine missing people (whatever nationality) had turned to happy ending tongue.png

OK, thanks for putting it in perspective for me. I can fully appreciate living here for purely economic reasons.

But the misery on the board is staggering...

20 years in the army and I never did anything wrong?! I was far from perfect in my youth but I can assure you but I never did anything as heartless as telling my family they would never see me again!

I have 2 offspring in their 30's who have had their moments but never did anything quite so callous as this fool. Nothing flippant from me......And a child making a 'mistake'?! - he's 21 for Christs sake! What planet are you off mister?!

Amazing.

I like the climate 8n the north. I like the women, all of them, not just certain types, If like their grace, and I like their skin and features. I like the beauty and creativity in the little tableaux they set up everywhere, I like the relatively low levels of graffiti. I like the food, mostly. I like the odd insects and plants in my garden. I like the neighbourliness and politeness, even when not genuine, it beats a snarl. I like the religion. If we must have one, it could be Worse! I like some aspects of their kow towing, I'd be a liar to say I don't enjoy being sucked up to. I like taking everyone at face value, life has a funny way of showing you what you want to see.

I like to rememeber that a lot of the negative things here, we do or see back home, and if not now, we did them not so long ago. Everything. An innocent man hung in 1950s England because a doctor murdered his wife, and framed him. Sound like somewhere you Know?

Tit for T.A.T.

3l2m1nn
Thai gangster types have yakuza style tattoos under their shirt line, they will sometimes go shirtless in the baan after a few drinks, but, they don't do this unless they are in or near their homes or the ocean environment. Or crazy. It is very low form because of the gang banger implications here, which are not cool like overseas. I have not seen shirtless Thais in public spaces, in the same way whitey does this, nor do Africans, Indians, Chinese and all the other tourists we love to hate. So one of us is seeing things.

So tourists are low life and Thais are hi life you are saying?

If you say you havent seen shirtless thais is public you are lying. They are everywhere i cry BS on your post.

I like the government ask me to login every 90 days, and show up and prove I'm not skint, every once a year, after that -they leave me alone.

I set up a small ebay account selling my mother's meagre estate and belongings in Europe three years ago and they're still locked in a counter productive claim for tax that I will never pay.

I like that if I don't open a newspaper, or this site, the world could evaporate, and I would not know, or care much.

Edited by dhream

Tit for T.A.T.

3l2m1nn

So tourists are low life and Thais are hi life you are saying?

If you say you havent seen shirtless thais is public you are lying. They are everywhere i cry BS on your post.

You Drunk?

He has had his 3 minutes if fame, now put him on a plane and blacklist him for wasting people's time.

You have to be kidding. In my opinion, a night in the cells, a thousand Baht fine and a caution (albeit with real weight behind it) would suffice. Should he subsequently decide to do the same again or similar, then by all means throw the book at him.

Amazing.

I like the climate 8n the north. I like the women, all of them, not just certain types, If like their grace, and I like their skin and features. I like the beauty and creativity in the little tableaux they set up everywhere, I like the relatively low levels of graffiti. I like the food, mostly. I like the odd insects and plants in my garden. I like the neighbourliness and politeness, even when not genuine, it beats a snarl. I like the religion. If we must have one, it could be Worse! I like some aspects of their kow towing, I'd be a liar to say I don't enjoy being sucked up to. I like taking everyone at face value, life has a funny way of showing you what you want to see.

I like to rememeber that a lot of the negative things here, we do or see back home, and if not now, we did them not so long ago. Everything. An innocent man hung in 1950s England because a doctor murdered his wife, and framed him. Sound like somewhere you Know?

okay !

it's worth once a life to go on hollidays to thailand , but personally as i'm keen of nice beaches and waters, i've all what i need in europe ....

like too much lots of things in thailand but without the economic/money advantage, i would certainly had never tought about expatriation (and i guess lots even would leave without)

finally, if my cherished gf wasn't there, i'm pretty sure i'll never go back to Los again...

come back to the thread , i believe i m not looking like this *** ass, moron, baboon lost/found brit Los unconditional lover and i m proud of .... sure i m not 21 anymore but at this age neither i didn't look like him

Edited by silverado