Sainthood for Mother Teresa confirmed after Vatican recognises second miracle

rooster59

Sainthood for Mother Teresa confirmed after Vatican recognises second miracle

By Seamus Kearney

post-247607-0-61694800-1450455550_thumb.

It’s official: Mother Teresa will be a Saint.

The Pope has officially recognised a second medical miracle attributed to the nun who died in 1997.

Mother Teresa was beatified in 2003 after the recognition of her first miracle, but two are needed for sainthood.

Reports in the Catholic media talk about the healing of a Brazilian man with several brain tumours.

The canonisation ceremony is expected to take place in September next year.

It’s reported Pope Francis approved the sainthood on Thursday while celebrating his 79th birthday.

Mother Teresa was born in Skopje in 1910 and later moved to India to devote her life to caring for the poor.

She won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-12-18

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure some may be offended by this post but for all I've seen and read about this lady those trying to balance the story have pointed out she didn't care about people until they hit rock bottom as it wasn't her calling to try and help them avoid doing so.

What a bunch of sad sack losers you people are.

Just a simple story of an older lady..who made a difference. Unlike yourselves.

You should read up a little more on what her goals and beliefs actually were.

You might be repulsed and surprised and what she was actually doing and why she did what she did.

I met her many years ago, on a trip to Calcutta. I asked to see her, for spiritual guidance, and she took the time to see me. She gave me a very wise answer to my dilemma at that time. She exhibited nothing but humility, kindness and sincerity. Some say she was a grandstander. If that was what was required to promote her orphanage, and her organization, in order to attract donations, what the hell? Who cares? I considered her a great woman, and I think she is more worthy of sainthood than most of the others that were considered. She did a lot of great work. She did make a big difference. How many true saints are out there these days?

And for the detractors, I have two questions.

1. Who else can you name, that has made the kind of impact that this women made, on so many lives of desperation, in our lifetime?

2. What great acts have you devoted yourself to, that allows you to question the lifetime of achievement, of this great woman?

Most of the naysayers are loser expat sex tourist types whose only positive contributions to the society in which they live, is to marry some NEP dirtbag or bung same 1000B for a roll in some sperm soaked mattress, get a job shouting English at a load of disinterested brats and then think they are the Mayor of Nakhorn Nowhere....

Perhaps before you spout off you should consider what it is to be ill-informed.

By the way, Hitler made a difference, so considering that it should not be that term used to identify any achievements she made. it's a little shallow isn't it. Really do some background reading about what she did. The convent she had in Calcutta was a hell hole.

Most of the naysayers are loser expat sex tourist types whose only positive contributions to the society in which they live, is to marry some NEP dirtbag or bung same 1000B for a roll in some sperm soaked mattress, get a job shouting English at a load of disinterested brats and then think they are the Mayor of Nakhorn Nowhere....

You shouldn't be so hard on yourself.

95% of donations she received never made it through to the intended recipients, in other words 95% of the money went astray. Fodder for the naysayers?

95% of donations she received never made it through to the intended recipients, in other words 95% of the money went astray. Fodder for the naysayers?

Proof? or some Hitchens BS?

"a roll in some sperm soaked mattress" If I were you I'd stop waxing your carrot in bed, either that or take her somewhere else!

Perhaps before you spout off you should consider what it is to be ill-informed.

By the way, Hitler made a difference, so considering that it should not be that term used to identify any achievements she made. it's a little shallow isn't it. Really do some background reading about what she did. The convent she had in Calcutta was a hell hole.

Mother Teresa founded the Missionaries of Charity, a Roman Catholic religious congregation, which in 2012 consisted of over 4,500 sisters and was active in 133 countries. They run hospices and homes for people with HIV/AIDS, leprosy and tuberculosis; soup kitchens; dispensaries and mobile clinics; children's and family counselling programmes; orphanages; and schools. Members must adhere to the vows of chastity, poverty, and obedience, as well as a fourth vow, to give "wholehearted free service to the poorest of the poor".

I visited her convent/orphanage in Calcutta. Compared to the rest of the city, it was pretty nice. Fairly clean, and she was helping thousands. Did you ever visit? What research are you using to make your judgment?

Hitler made a difference? You are comparing someone who devoted her life to improving the lives of the least fortunate, to a man who devoted his life to wreaking havoc, mayhem, destruction, death and injury on millions? A man who carpet bombed civilians in London? What are you thinking? Who are you? Why such a dark heart? Are you constipated? Why such animosity toward such a great soul, who made such a difference in the lives of others? What have you done lately, that rivals what she did? What have you ever done to benefit mankind?

Edited by spidermike007

Perhaps you might enlighten the rest of us losers by telling us just exactly what it is that you do here.

Cannot make an informed opinion of your comments otherwise.