Traveling abroad when visa expires

go.png

My Supporting Visa runs out on January 13, 2016 and I am planning a trip out of the country around that time but would prefer a day or two later.

If I renew early, say a week before it expires, which I believe I can do (correct me if I'm wrong please) is there any system to allow me to leave the country while they process the visa?

Or is there a way to extend or perhaps put on hold my current visa?

I've heard that if I leave during this waiting time I have to start the whole process over upon my return, any thoughts?

Or is it a better option for me to leave the country before it runs out and since it will expire while I'm out of the country apply for another annual visa upon my return?

If so what do I enter on, a tourist visa issued at the airport upon entering?

Any suggestions or thoughts greatly appreciated.

I do plan to go to immigration next week to inquire but I know there are some experts on TV who might clear it some of my confusion.

And while I have these great minds attention what happens if someone forgets to do a 90 day and realizes 60 days later then their required check-in?

Thanks,

JC

If its a yearly extension of stay for retirement that you are talking about, then just renew as normal and obtain a re-entry permit for your trip.

if you leave without renewing, then you will require a new non immigrant ' O' visa before returning, in order to do a fresh yearly extension.

Sorry I stay on a Supporting Visa.

My normal procedure is the apply close to expiration date and wait a month for it to process but I am planning to leave during that month this time.

Can I leave during that time while it processes with no other action that I have to take or will be taken by Immigration concerning my application?

Sorry I stay on a Supporting Visa.

My normal procedure is the apply close to expiration date and wait a month for it to process but I am planning to leave during that month this time.

Can I leave during that time while it processes with no other action that I have to take or will be taken by Immigration concerning my application?

You apparently have an extension of stay not a visa. It also seems it is either one based upon marriage to a Thai or being the a parent of Thai.

You seem to be asking about leaving during the 30 day under consideration period you get when you apply for the extension of stay. You would need to obtain a re-entry permit for the under consideration period by completing a TM8 form and paying the fee of 1000 baht for it.

• Like 1

My situation is that it is about a month from when my visa ends and I believe that I have to be here on a specific date, between 4 and 6 weeks to get my new stamp after I apply to renew, which is when I plan to be away.

On the other note might one lose a month of their already paid for visa which I believe actually works out to be 13 months with the month waiting for renewal period? This is not a concern of mine personally but a technically that others following with thread might be interested in.

My situation is that it is about a month from when my visa ends and I believe that I have to be here on a specific date, between 4 and 6 weeks to get my new stamp after I apply to renew, which is when I plan to be away.

On the other note might one lose a month of their already paid for visa which I believe actually works out to be 13 months with the month waiting for renewal period? This is not a concern of mine personally but a technically that others following with thread might be interested in.

Are you applying for an extension of stay based on marriage or a parent?

What dates are you leaving and returning to Thailand?

Edited by elviajero

You will have a report back date on an under consideration stamp. There is no way to get around being here on that date.

How long that date is from when apply for the extension depends upon when they start the 30 days. Some offices start it on the date you apply while others start it form the date you current extension ends. If you have had an extension before look at your previous under consideration stamp to see when the started the 30 days. If it started from the date you applied for the extension doing it early would make the report back date earlier.

The new extension starts from the date your current extension ends. You gain nor loose any time due to the 30 day delay in getting the stamp.