SURVEY: Britain exiting the EU, do you support it or not?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you support the UK leaving the EU?  

340 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My hypothetical "out" vote here cannot be replicated in practice as I'm no longer registered to vote. Although I think the UK would suffer in the short term (as the remainder of the EU turns it's back on us, and would introduce punitive trading barriers), the longer term would bring significant successes & improvements - providing of course that the UK stands up to many of the social failings (excessive immigration & benefits, etc.)

Don't worry about any punitive trading Barriers being constructed by the EU, as I've already stated the EU gains far more from trading with the UK than vice versa. There is no chance of the EU cutting it's own throat to spite the UK.

What will happen is that the UK will independently make trade deals with other countries to the benefit of the U.K. Economy.

I've already stated the EU gains far more from trading with the UK than vice versa.

Could you please explain this.

I do not understand what you mean.

But be patient with me, keep it simple.

I am only an ex lecturer of macro economics.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People wanting to exit are living in the past.

And not everything was better then, and the glory days of the HK are gone, never to return.

They're much, much better of in the EU and also the EU is much better of with GB in.

It's the EU which is living in the past.

The EU is a club for countries in that little part of the world to join and get special trading rights with each other at the expense of those further away.

What about the rest of the world? We live in a more and more global society and every country should be expanding the horizons and look beyond their own turf.

The EU has served its purpose, become anachronistic and should be reined in.

some countries who have joined the eu have nothing to offer, and yet still allowed to join, its is the richer countries bailing out the ones who only joined to come to the uk now there are no borders and the uk governement gives them money for jack shit.as to Turkey this countries economy is based solely on manufacturing counterfeit goods.

Will we Europeans also have the right to vote on a UK exit?

If so, I predict an overwhelming majority will vote the UK out.

Much of what goes wrong in the EU (not all) is because the UK has 1 foot in and 1 foot out.

Schengen - euro - tax and social legislation: the UK should accept it all or leave!

The UK voted to join a common market.

What the EU has slowly but surely morphed into is a huge centralisation of power and ever decreasing democracy.

Nobody was consulted on whether they wanted a United States of Europe and I hope that the UK can show the way for the rest of Europe and leave.

I, who am not British wish you to leave the EU and continue to trade with all countries that wish on equitable basis.

Britain has nothing to gain in this jumble of too greasy officials.

It may however of losing its soul which would be a pity for us all.

What a great thread. clap2.gif

Agreed, it is a great thread.

I'm a Yank and I am just sitting back reading the Brits and Continentals go at it.

I personally don't give a tinker's dam what the UK does, but if it starts another world war, don't expect any assistance from across the pond...for either side.wai.gif

Whoops who is feeling touchy then. Think of what America got out of the last war...without them you'd never have got off the launching pad, Ha!

I should prefer the UK to stay in, but matters need to be settled on a general basis.

Clearly the drive for "an ever closer union" has reached its limits, as has the reckless expansion.

Romania and Bulgaria should have had to wait at least another 5 years before getting the freedom of movement liberty,

and generally everybody seems unhappy with what they have to put up with inside the EU when it comes to specific national

problems and politics.

The UK and Germany are unhappy about immigration, particularly into their social systems, so are Denmark and Austria. Italy and Greece

are unhappy about the Dublin agreement, the Visegrad states will never accept being forced to take refugee immigration. Most of western

and northern European states are dissatisfied with the UK blocking and undermining data protection laws, the UK doesn't want regulation

of its banking sector, and so on.

But those problems can be settled, even if it means having to go back on the EU treaties. The EU is the greatest peace-keeping project of all

times and the only way the multitude of European states -including the large ones like Germany/UK/France- can pack a punch internationally,

little as that seems to be the case right now.

In the end, I hope the UK move to have that exit referendum along with what we are seeing in France and the Visegrad states will serve to get

everybody together and straighten things out before anybody leaves.

My hypothetical "out" vote here cannot be replicated in practice as I'm no longer registered to vote. Although I think the UK would suffer in the short term (as the remainder of the EU turns it's back on us, and would introduce punitive trading barriers), the longer term would bring significant successes & improvements - providing of course that the UK stands up to many of the social failings (excessive immigration & benefits, etc.)

Don't worry about any punitive trading Barriers being constructed by the EU, as I've already stated the EU gains far more from trading with the UK than vice versa. There is no chance of the EU cutting it's own throat to spite the UK.

What will happen is that the UK will independently make trade deals with other countries to the benefit of the U.K. Economy.

I've already stated the EU gains far more from trading with the UK than vice versa.

In 2014 the UK trade deficit with the EU was more than £61.6 billion. Every year for the last two decades this trade balance has increased, while at the same time the UK has enjoyed a increase with non EU at approximately 6.5 %.

Your own country ( I think ) Germany exports more cars to the UK than any other country,this includes the USA. No wonder you want us to remain in this corrupt club.

A country does not have to be a member of the EU to trade with it, as shown by little Switzerland, which exports more per person to the EU than the UK to the tune of 4.5 times.

While we remain in the EU our commerce,business and industries are hindered by this undemocratic organisation.and most importantly our English common law is inferior to a foreign court,as is our parliament.

I should prefer the UK to stay in, but matters need to be settled on a general basis.

Clearly the drive for "an ever closer union" has reached its limits, as has the reckless expansion.

Romania and Bulgaria should have had to wait at least another 5 years before getting the freedom of movement liberty,

and generally everybody seems unhappy with what they have to put up with inside the EU when it comes to specific national

problems and politics.

The UK and Germany are unhappy about immigration, particularly into their social systems, so are Denmark and Austria. Italy and Greece

are unhappy about the Dublin agreement, the Visegrad states will never accept being forced to take refugee immigration. Most of western

and northern European states are dissatisfied with the UK blocking and undermining data protection laws, the UK doesn't want regulation

But those problems can be settled, even if it means having to go back on the EU treaties. The EU is the greatest peace-keeping project of all

times and the only way the multitude of European states -including the large ones like Germany/UK/France- can pack a punch internationally,

In the end, I hope the UK move to have that exit referendum along with what we are seeing in France and the Visegrad states will serve to get

Peace was maintained by NATO, not the EU. The EU is more likely to create a war than stop one, as evidenced by its recent courtship with the Ukraine.

If this Poll is anywhere valid Cameron has a massive problem,compared with the Poll a few days ago,as reported on Thai Visa of 50 50 %.

I expect the opinion polls to show an ever increasing move to an Out conclusion, however as some have already said the Brits don't like change and I think they will be threatened with lies and misinformation and finally conned ( same as 1975) into voting to remain In this undemocratic Union.

Just hope I'm wrong.

problems and politics.

Peace was maintained by NATO, not the EU. The EU is more likely to create a war than stop one, as evidenced by its recent courtship with the Ukraine.

If your gonna write things get your facts right it wasnt the eu that caused the war it was the acceptance of a Russian economic proposal that caused the initial conflicts, than the russians escalated it by flooding Ukraine with it's 'support'

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In 2014 the UK trade deficit with the EU was more than £61.6 billion. Every year for the last two decades this trade balance has increased, while at the same time the UK has enjoyed a increase with non EU at approximately 6.5 %.

Your own country ( I think ) Germany exports more cars to the UK than any other country,this includes the USA. No wonder you want us to remain in this corrupt club.

A country does not have to be a member of the EU to trade with it, as shown by little Switzerland, which exports more per person to the EU than the UK to the tune of 4.5 times.

While we remain in the EU our commerce,business and industries are hindered by this undemocratic organisation.and most importantly our English common law is inferior to a foreign court,as is our parliament.

You sound so back to the early 18th century..... with your mercantilist reasoning.

In 1776 your reasoning was proven wrong by Adam Smith and others, who laid the foundation of modern international capitalism.

(And after that, there came a few other theories, you are several theories behind)

Your obsession with nationality is typical, and no, I am not German, and no, unlike steveNL I will not answer by giving an easy hint, since even easy hints were proven to be too difficult for you.

There is more than one way to look at this. Is it good for the EU and/or is it good for the UK?

Who would benefit most by a UK exit?

Nope, if you're British there's only one way to look at it. Is it better for the UK to stay or exit. Who in the UK, cares if it's good for the EU or not.? Nobody, except of course, the euro MPs from the UK who will be out of a job.

You sound so back to the early 18th century..... with your mercantilist reasoning.
In 1776 your reasoning was proven wrong by Adam Smith and others, who laid the foundation of modern international capitalism.
(And after that, there came a few other theories, you are several theories behind)

Your obsession with nationality is typical, and no, I am not German, and no, unlike steveNL I will not answer by giving an easy hint, since even easy hints were proven to be too difficult for you.

You say you are an ex lecturer of macro economics, yet you fail to contradict the facts that I present to you.
OK so your not German, but thankfully as a foreigner you will not be eligible to actually vote in the referendum.

I, who am not British wish you to leave the EU and continue to trade with all countries that wish on equitable basis.

Happy Joe,

We will never lose our soul, hopefully we will lose EU membership but never our soul.

Remember; had it not been for the heart and soul of the British Lion there would not have been a Europe at all.

Happy Joe,

We will never lose our soul, hopefully we will lose EU membership but never our soul.

Remember; had it not been for the heart and soul of the British Lion there would not have been a Europe at all.

had it not been for the heart and soul of the British Lion there would not have been a Europe at all.

Euuuuhhhh yeah I saw that movie too, not sure was it Python or Ivanho?

You say you are an ex lecturer of macro economics, yet you fail to contradict the facts that I present to you.

OK so your not German, but thankfully as a foreigner you will not be eligible to actually vote in the referendum.

You mentioned Germans exporting cars to the UK.

Correct, Germany earns money with these exports. Good for Germany.

And UK earns money by specializing in different products, that they are better at. Good for UK.

The advantages of free trade (between equals).

This is a simple example of the answer that Adam Smith (1776) gave to the mercantilists (1650+).

And indeed I am not eligible to vote on Brexit, as I stated before, I wish that we Europeans could vote you out, but no such luck.

Those islanders!

Happy Joe,

had it not been for the heart and soul of the British Lion there would not have been a Europe at all.

Euuuuhhhh yeah I saw that movie too, not sure was it Python or Ivanho?

The movies were WW 1 & WW 2 in which we saved Europe a fortune by not having to plant trees along the Champs-Elysées

Hi everybody

I am from Germany and I truly hope GB will leave the EU. After a GB exit, possibly and hopefully, other countries would follow.

There was a good intention from the founders of the EU but it turned into a bureaucratic monster. Many countries were able to join the EU that better not had joined. e.g. Greece, Bulgaria, Romania. They would even have accepted Ukrainia into the EU. (!!!) After all I am afraid EU politics, NATO politics, US politics are too much interwoven. There is another sinister plan behind the EU, I am afraid.

Now the US together with its allies are not only de-stabilising the Middle East and Northern Africa but they are already busy de-stabilising the EU and the whole of Europe, including Russia. We are heading for another war, I fear.

Hi everybody

I am from Germany and I truly hope GB will leave the EU. After a GB exit, possibly and hopefully, other countries would follow.

There was a good intention from the founders of the EU but it turned into a bureaucratic monster. Many countries were able to join the EU that better not had joined. e.g. Greece, Bulgaria, Romania. They would even have accepted Ukrainia into the EU. (!!!) After all I am afraid EU politics, NATO politics, US politics are too much interwoven. There is another sinister plan behind the EU, I am afraid.

Now the US together with its allies are not only de-stabilising the Middle East and Northern Africa but they are already busy de-stabilising the EU and the whole of Europe, including Russia. We are heading for another war, I fear.

Maximillian,

I agree completely with you. You should have been Chancellor.

There was good intention from MOST the founders of the EU, but there was a small group on a different agenda.

27.4 why are you in Thailand if you support the eu.

Care to explain why 2 million expats live in the EU?

The most affected will be the one mil in Spain in case of a possible Brexit.

Btw this is the reality about the benefit myth:

12373368_981666218573166_273985309777724

Edited by mpa

And UK earns money by specializing in different products, that they are better at. Good for UK.

This is a simple example of the answer that Adam Smith (1776) gave to the mercantilists (1650+).

And indeed I am not eligible to vote on Brexit, as I stated before, I wish that we Europeans could vote you out, but no such luck.

Those islanders!

As I said before the trade deficit with the EU is 61 billion pounds per year and climbing. So being a ex lecturer in micro economics can you please explain to this non educated Brit,why would the undemocratic EU wish to create trade barriers against the UK in the event of an exit vote.

Again as an economist do you think it's acceptable for the EU to not have it's accounts sign-off for 20 years.

If this Poll is anywhere valid Cameron has a massive problem,compared with the Poll a few days ago,as reported on Thai Visa of 50 50 %.

I expect the opinion polls to show an ever increasing move to an Out conclusion, however as some have already said the Brits don't like change and I think they will be threatened with lies and misinformation and finally conned ( same as 1975) into voting to remain In this undemocratic Union.

Just hope I'm wrong.

Unfortunately I fear you are right nontabury! already Camerons mob are talking up the gains made on the UK Referendum talks in the EU which from early reports amount to the sum total of sweet F A gained,except what the EU was prepared to give away as a Promotion for turning up !

Would it be too much to ask for once that the British vote for it's own people instead of all the riff raff from around the world,who only come to the UK for the freebies,and have no intention of paying their way,money (cash in hand, no tax) get's sent back to their own families back home,It's high time we stopped being the Worlds Benefactor, and started thinking about looking after our own people. just like Ted Heath was an abject failure leading us into the "Common Market" he lied about.... His yearning for a federal Europe is well documented for those who care to research the "Common Market" and "Ted Heath" no wonder the British people thought they were voting for a trading only agreement called the "Common Market"

If UKIP can't drag us out of the EU MESS this time then it's good night UK! because Cameron has got no intention of taking us out of the EU,and it's only his rebel back benchers that have forced this bargaining position on him very reluctantly.

Edited by MAJIC

Those islanders!

You do not need the EU for free trade.

A free trade agreement would do that.

It's all the other baggage that comes along with the EU that make it unattractive to people.

The EU is run by a bunch of self serving unelected troughing pigs that serve the zionist agenda of cultural marxism and the destruction of the white european race and culture through the age old policy of divide and rule. The globalist 1%ers get their grubbing greedy hands on all the money and the reins of power at the expense of anyone who gets in their way

So OUT,OUT, OUT and then kick out the corporate yes men and women in Westminster and sort out the biased zionist owned media that have done so much damage to the country.

As a side note, I hope Trump becomes president and exposes the evil that Hillary Clinton truly is. He's the last hope the west has to reset itself even though he is too pro-Israel for my liking.