Architect for simple house plan (no design element)

LannaGuy

Hi, I have bought a house and there is no plan so I'm looking for a reasonably priced 'architect' who can measure up accurately (no design work at this stage). Just produce a single set of plans that reflect the property. any ideas please?

thanks in advance

You dont need an architect, you need a CAD architectural draughtsman trainee. its a days work to measure up and draw by hand; less by CAD.

you could attempt it yourself using the sketch up type programmes.

wish I had a WP, I would do for youwink.png

I know a Thai Architect/Interior-Designer in Chiang Mai who *might* be able to help you.

He's currently working on the final stages of a construction-project and so he probably doesn't have any time to help you at *this* time.

- If you want the work done *soon*, he probably cannot help you - but if you can wait for "a while" (although I'm not sure how long "a while" might be), then he *might*.

--- Let me know if you're interested.

Very possibly more difficult than you think since few houses are square.

Including plumbing, electrical and structural components?

Hi, probably more simple than that I wasn't thinking of services just an outline I could start to design my garden from. I have just over a rai. I may just go do it myself but Im not terribly good at that sort of thing and anyone who had a basic skill set could probably do it in a couple hours.

You dont need an architect, you need a CAD architectural draughtsman trainee. its a days work to measure up and draw by hand; less by CAD.

you could attempt it yourself using the sketch up type programmes.

wish I had a WP, I would do for youwink.png

yes that why I put 'architect' in commas as I don't really need that amount of skill but someone who had basic CAD would be ideal. I'll find them soon thanks for response.

I know a Thai Architect/Interior-Designer in Chiang Mai who *might* be able to help you.

He's currently working on the final stages of a construction-project and so he probably doesn't have any time to help you at *this* time.

- If you want the work done *soon*, he probably cannot help you - but if you can wait for "a while" (although I'm not sure how long "a while" might be), then he *might*.

--- Let me know if you're interested.

thank you but i need someone within a month as that is the springboard for principally designing my nature garden and waterfall etc. thanks for the thought it's appreciated

There's a free design program called "Sketchup". Just search for the free download on the internet.

If you have a little bit of time to spare I found it doesn't take much to learn how to use it. It's 3D so you can spin it around to get views from all angles.

There are plenty of free stuff to download for it as well. In addition to furniture you can also download free landscaping items like trees, fences etc. Just drag and drop them into your design.Companies like IKEA, white goods manufacturers and Thai furniture manufacturers have free downloads of their products.

I've used the program for a couple of personal projects like building extensions.

It might suit your needs.

Edited by Farma

There's a free design program called "Sketchup". Just search for the free download on the internet.

If you have a little bit of time to spare I found it doesn't take much to learn how to use it. It's 3D so you can spin it around to get views from all angles.

There are plenty of free stuff to download for it as well. In addition to furniture you can also download free landscaping items like trees, fences etc. Just drag and drop them into your design.Companies like IKEA, white goods manufacturers and Thai furniture manufacturers have free downloads of their products.

I've used the program for a couple of personal projects like building extensions.

It might suit your needs.

thank you - yes I'm familiar with 'sketch-up' but wanted someone to come and measure up and accurately produce a plan whereas I have found sketch-up useless but I wanted a large set - thanks for input

When I built our house in Issan, I first drew a plan up on graph paper.
Then, I built a model to scale.
I used a cardbox that was close to my dimensions and then cut the end down to make it fit exactly to scale.
Then I used straight pins to insert the walls and drew in the beds and toilet etc.
Then i built the roof so that it could detach (again all to scale and complete with overhangs etc)

so, when we had some language barrier problems when discussing things with my builder, I would just go to the model, lift off the roof to show him things like truss spacing, purlins, and also hallways, door swings, and all dimensions (since it was all to scale)

This helped us immensely and I am happy with the result in almost all ways (except for a few shortcuts that the builder took when I wasn't there to keep an eye on them)

so, it can be done yourself, if you have the time and patience and some math skills.

Good luck with your project.

I did a search on the internet for "architectural plans" and found sites that offer them. The first and only one I went to offered plans for $29.95

yes many... but in Chiang Mai? I need someone, tape in hand, to physically come

I think you need to clarify exactly what you are seeking,as your post/headline request is rather ambiguous .

The way i read is is that you have bought a rai of land that already has a house built on it and you simply want someone to measure and draw a plan of this one rai so as to enable you to plan/design the desired landscaping elements [the nature gardens and waterfall that you mention] that you want to incorporate.

If i'm wrong, how about giving us the correct request, then you will for sure find out what you want to.

Edited by garryjohns

I did a search on the internet for "architectural plans" and found sites that offer them. The first and only one I went to offered plans for $29.95

yes many... but in Chiang Mai? I need someone, tape in hand, to physically come

I think you need to clarify exactly what you are seeking,as your post/headline request is rather ambiguous .

The way i read is is that you have bought a rai of land that already has a house built on it and you simply want someone to measure and draw a plan of this one rai so as to enable you to plan/design the desired landscaping elements [the nature gardens and waterfall that you mention] that you want to incorporate.

If i'm wrong, how about giving us the correct request, then you will for sure find out what you want to.

ok I need a draughtsman to draw up my property, house and garden 'as is' so that I can better view and plan changes I want to make

thank you

What part of town are you located in? Maybe somebody "close by" will offer to come around and take a look. Are you living in the house currently?

Hi the house is in 1 rai in sansai and no i don't live there but will do after i renovate and put a pool in etc. I think first phase is get a good drawing so i can look at expanding one of the 3 bathrooms (for example)