Expat killed by dog in Lamai

i just heard that the husband of my wife's friend in Lamai was killed in a dog attack. it happened about 1 month ago and he had been in the hospital since the attack and apparently just died from his injuries. His wife owns the Happy bar in the lady boxing gym thing in the middle of Lamai. he was there most nights. i'm not sure if i should post his name here but i'm sure some of you know him, English guy from Leeds i think.

anyhow, the dog was a stray and i saw some picks and it looks like it really ripped into him. very very sad, and as far as anyone knows, the dog is still on the loose.

apologies if this has been reported here already, i don't usually read the Samui forum.

Yes terrible, I knew him for a few years, I loved his sense of humour. Everyone called him Papa. RIP

His wife Tuk is from the same village as my wife in Issan. Both families are neighbours and very well acquainted . That's how I knew them

Yesterday my wife told me Papa is dead, happened last night in Nathon hospital, I could not believe it.

Plus I was told the poor man suffered a lot, incredibly bad luck. I am still deeply moved. He was 63 years old sad.png

I guess that we have not heard of this before, because it is yet another tragic event that the tourist authorities wish to keep secret. Yes , there is a problem with "un-owned" dogs running around, especially on beaches. But just run over one and everybody will claim ownership. Near me there are about 8 dogs which are allowed to run wild. They constantly harass strangers and strange motorbikes chasing them threatening, and barking at all hours. I carry a large bamboo cane and have a go at them, so now they keep away from me. It is about time that the authorities did something about this growing menace.

If they did their job, this poor man would be with us today.