Construction Barges off the Beach?

dddave

I visited Pattaya for the weekend, first time in a couple of months. Sunday was about as perfect a day in Pattaya as it can get; sunny but not really hot, nice dry air and a fresh breeze all day.

I walked the beach from north to south and noticed several large barges with cranes anchored about a kilometer offshore of the beach and wonder what kind of project they are doing. Anybody know?

Sad to see the "Topps Supermarket" at Pattaya Klang and 2nd road closed and obviously being prepared to be torn down; I had many a cheap breakfast and lunch there in my early days in Pattaya and found many greatly enjoyable books in the used bookstore on the 2nd floor. Another desperately needed condo-shopping mall complex soon to be rising on that location?

Noticed a couple of "resurrections" as well: "DollHouse & Electric Blue" back from the dead in new venues on Soi 15 off WS; same ownership I'm told.

I did sit along WS from 7 to 8pm Saturday night...endless parade of Chinese tour groups following their standard bearers, lemming like...I see the future of Walking Street and it isn't pretty.

Fortunately your bookshop above Tops still exists. It's moved to the end of Soi Bukhow/Pattaya Thai, about level with the Friendship supermarket.

Is the book shop on Soi Baukhao or South Rd?

If it's on South Rd is it the same side as Friendship Supermarket or the opposite side of the road?

Fortunately your bookshop above Tops still exists. It's moved to the end of Soi Bukhow/Pattaya Thai, about level with the Friendship supermarket.

Is the book shop on Soi Baukhao or South Rd?

If it's on South Rd is it the same side as Friendship Supermarket or the opposite side of the road?

If you travel almost to the end of Soi Bukhao and turn right before hitting South Road, there is a 'square' where they have the market on Tues/Fri.

The bookshop would be exactly in the right hand corner and you would enter on the left hand opposite corner of that square as you look at it. Normally the square is a car park on non market days.

The shop could therefore be accessed up the little soi off South Road, roughly opposite Friendship supermarket.

Not too good on directions but hope this info is useful. (Don't know soi numbers etc)