Retirement visa

My friend has just got a new passport for one I lost, he has now got 73 day overstay du to the time it took UK to issue passport

Samui immigration said leave the country he will go to KL

Does anyone know if you have to get a copy of criminal record as it states this on KL Thai Web sight, And if so where do we get this from. I have never heard about this.

Have to fly as my friend has back injury and can't walk need to take the weel chair

The 800 K has to be in the bank for 3 months when you apply for Non O for over 50 retirement in Penang,His money has only been in for one month

The flights have been booked to KL by another friend on a promotion fare can not get refund so will have to fly return from KL to Penang, Anyone know if he will get Non O with money only in for one month

The 800 K has to be in the bank for 3 months when you apply for Non O for over 50 retirement in Penang,His money has only been in for one month

The flights have been booked to KL by another friend on a promotion fare can not get refund so will have to fly return from KL to Penang, Anyone know if he will get Non O with money only in for one month

No problem. The money just has to be in his account on the day of application. No seasoned funds needed.

• 3 weeks later...

No problem. The money just has to be in his account on the day of application. No seasoned funds needed.

Does it have to be in a Thai bank account or will they accept equivalent in a non-Thai account?

Thx

JB

An account with a bank in Thailand.

Thanks, I'll try to open an account when I'm in Pattaya/Bangkok at the end of Jan to celebrate my 50th.

Failing that I'll head to Savannakhet instead (Penang is a little easier as I'm staying in KL in between trips but, then again, I've never been to Laos so good excuse to visit :)).

Thanks, I'll try to open an account when I'm in Pattaya/Bangkok at the end of Jan to celebrate my 50th.

Failing that I'll head to Savannakhet instead (Penang is a little easier as I'm staying in KL in between trips but, then again, I've never been to Laos so good excuse to visit smile.png).

All nearby embassies and consulates will want to see the money in a Thai bank to get a single entry non-o visa for being 50 over.

Savannakhet is not a good location to get one for being 50 or over. They frequently deny them unless you have a letter from your embassy stating you are retired.

Vientiane is a better place to go once you have the money in the bank or proof of 65k baht income.

Failing that I'll head to Savannakhet instead (Penang is a little easier as I'm staying in KL in between trips but, then again, I've never been to Laos so good excuse to visit smile.png).

All nearby embassies and consulates will want to see the money in a Thai bank to get a single entry non-o visa for being 50 over.

Savannakhet is not a good location to get one for being 50 or over. They frequently deny them unless you have a letter from your embassy stating you are retired.

Vientiane is a better place to go once you have the money in the bank or proof of 65k baht income.

Thanks Joe, I thought I'd read that Savannakhet didn't need to see the cash in the bank (or would at least accept a bank statement from UK/Singapore).

Feels like being stuck in a catch-22 situation, difficult to open a Thai Bank account without a long-term visa, difficult to get a long-term visa without a Thai bank account [emoji15]