Traffic restrictions across northern Italy as pollution levels smash EU limits

webfact

Traffic restrictions across northern Italy as pollution levels smash EU limits

606x341_319473.jpg

ROME: -- Cities across northern Italy are on high smog alert due to unseasonably mild temperatures and low rainfall.

Traffic in Rome and other major populations centres is being limited by law – odd number plates can drive on one day and even numbers the next.

Traffic police are on hand to make sure drivers comply.

Weather experts say the situation may take a while to improve.

“The forecast we have for winter is characterised by mild temperatures and scarce rainfall,” says climatologist Massimiliano Pasqui.

The situation is the same in Milan, Turin and Bologne.

EU law dictates that the level of fine dust – or particulates – can only exceed 50 micro-grams per cubic metre up to 35 days a year.

Milan has broken the limit nearly a hundred times this year. Turin is not far off with 75 violations and Rome stands at fifty-three.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-12-22

Suspect that standard of are a bit higher in EU (50) - current AQI in Beijing is a deadly 476.

Beijing AQI: Beijing Real-time Air Quality Index (AQI).

Hazardous
Updated on Tuesday 15:00
Temp: 0°C
(-6°C6°C)
Current Last 2 days Min Max
PM2.5 AQI
476 25 476

I live in Minburi tear Lam Kaho road .From my roof top on the tenth floor I can see the dirty air blocking out the sight of Bangkok.Even Ransit area sometimes is covered up with dirty air..

You think that Beijing has dirty air, go to many cities in

India and see what real bad pollution or SMOG looks like.

And they do not put out index readings, pretty disgusting.

I was glad that Bangkok had pretty good air quality for

the month that I was visiting in Thailand. The 4 days of clean air in Hua Hin

and 3 more days in Jomtien were also a blessing for my lungs though.

Is Italy trying to descend into the gutter of dirtier air?

You think that Beijing has dirty air, go to many cities in

India and see what real bad pollution or SMOG looks like.

And they do not put out index readings, pretty disgusting.

I was glad that Bangkok had pretty good air quality for

the month that I was visiting in Thailand. The 4 days of clean air in Hua Hin

and 3 more days in Jomtien were also a blessing for my lungs though.

Is Italy trying to descend into the gutter of dirtier air?

I have lived in both - Beijing is worse - but both are bad.

New Delhi US Embassy, India AQI: : New Delhi US Embassy Real-time Air Quality Index (AQI)
Very Unhealthy
Updated on Tuesday 17:00
Temp: 9°C

PM2.5 AQI

245 172 534

Suspect that standard of are a bit higher in EU (50) - current AQI in Beijing is a deadly 476.

Beijing AQI: Beijing Real-time Air Quality Index (AQI).

Hazardous
Updated on Tuesday 15:00
Temp: 0°C
(-6°C6°C)
PM2.5 AQI
476 25 476

I live in Minburi tear Lam Kaho road .From my roof top on the tenth floor I can see the dirty air blocking out the sight of Bangkok.Even Ransit area sometimes is covered up with dirty air..

Actually what you often see is humidity rather than dirty air - Bangkok air is very clean most of the time.

Bangkok AQI: Bangkok Real-time Air Quality Index (AQI).
Good
Updated on Tuesday 18:00
Temp: 30°C

PM10 AQI

30 22 128

Can someone help me to explane why they not switch to HHO.

So many people use DIY HHO in there cars already. I gues you would be allowed to drive always if you got that installed.

The technology already exists to use fuel cells and all wheel electric motors. I guess some giant special interest ( no points for guessing which ) group is stopping car manufacturers from making them available.

So many people use DIY HHO in there cars already. I gues you would be allowed to drive always if you got that installed.

The technology already exists to use fuel cells and all wheel electric motors. I guess some giant special interest ( no points for guessing which ) group is stopping car manufacturers from making them available.

Hundreds of thousands (millions?) of gas stations around the world. How many electric charging stations and hydrogen filling stations? Living in an apartment like I do (as so many of us do), where would I plug in my electric overnight?

Displacing hundreds of billions of dollars in infrastructure is no small task.

Edited by impulse

Hundreds of thousands (millions?) of gas stations around the world. How many electric charging stations and hydrogen filling stations? Living in an apartment like I do (as so many of us do), where would I plug in my electric overnight?

Till car companies start building hydrogen/ electric cars no one is going to provide the refuelling infrastructure. I'm sure you can guess why the don't build them.

The gas stations didn't appear overnight, and neither will hydrogen suppliers. In NZ they built an entire CNG ( natural gas ) supply network from scratch, so it can be done.

Till car companies start building hydrogen/ electric cars no one is going to provide the refuelling infrastructure. I'm sure you can guess why the don't build them.

The gas stations didn't appear overnight, and neither will hydrogen suppliers. In NZ they built an entire CNG ( natural gas ) supply network from scratch, so it can be done.

Why HHO filling stations. Just a build-in HHO reactor in the car, fill it up with water and go.

now i understand that i should not belive "the" internet to much , specially not youtube, but seems quite some posts of making HHO yourself seems to work. And even in a car. So no need filling stations. as well i do understand the Oil maffia, they will not like it when people stop buying oil ofcouse, but i gues this is up to the people who using it.

Who is intrested to design and build a HHO reactor for use as fuel in a car with me. I feel like doing this.

Why they don't build them? They don't build the cars without the infrastructure to fill them conveniently. And they don't build the infrastructure because there are no customers until they build the cars. Vicious circle.

Though it is all about the money, it's hardly a big conspiracy- just plain economics.

CNG supply network is different because the same distribution model works on CNG as in gasoline and diesel. Come in empty, pull out 5 minutes later ready for another few hundred miles. You can even use the same real estate that's already in play- another "pump" in an existing gas station. All you need build is a fleet of CNG tankers- an existing and proven technology.

Can't do that with electric. I'm sure you could do that with hydrogen- if only someone made millions of tons of hydrogen and could truck it around the country safely and economically in existing hydrogen transport tankers. I kind of figure if there were money to be made, BP, Exxon and Shell would be jumping all over it- since they're in the best position to profit using their existing networks. The fact that they're not leads me to believe there's a flaw in the basic model based on simple economics- not a conspiracy.

Make no mistake, I'm not claiming they're altruistic. But with oil at $35 per barrel, they'd be idiots not to look to their next (and forever) product. They're greedy, but not idiots.

Edited by impulse

Why HHO filling stations. Just a build-in HHO reactor in the car, fill it up with water and go.

now i understand that i should not belive "the" internet to much , specially not youtube, but seems quite some posts of making HHO yourself seems to work. And even in a car. So no need filling stations. as well i do understand the Oil maffia, they will not like it when people stop buying oil ofcouse, but i gues this is up to the people who using it.

Who is intrested to design and build a HHO reactor for use as fuel in a car with me. I feel like doing this.

I wasn't talking about ideas that are only dreams at present. Fuel cells and all wheel electric motors exist NOW. They just need the impetus of manufacturers making them.

Not sure what technology you are referring to with HHO, but the existing water cracking technology only produces enough energy as it takes to produce hydrogen ergo no energy left to drive the car.