Actor Nicolas Cage returns stolen dinosaur skull he bought

webfact

NEW YORK | BY JOSEPH AX
REUTERS

NEW YORK: -- Hollywood actor Nicolas Cage has agreed to turn over a rare stolen dinosaur skull he bought for $276,000 to U.S. authorities so it can be returned to the Mongolian government.

The office of Preet Bharara, the U.S. attorney in Manhattan, filed a civil forfeiture complaint last week to take possession of the Tyrannosaurus bataar skull, which will be repatriated to Mongolia.

The lawsuit did not specifically name Cage as the owner, but Cage's publicist confirmed that the actor bought the skull in March 2007 from a Beverly Hills gallery, I.M. Chait.

Full story: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-people-nicolascage-dinosaur-idUSKBN0U42MS20151222

reuterslogo.jpg
-- Reuters 2015-12-22

This is the same guy that lost his house in New Orleans for failure to pay state real estate taxes and later lost a 2$ million law suit with The US Government for income taxes..What a douche bag

Maybe you should do some research first on why he wasn't able to pay this tax before you call him a douche bag!!!

This is the same guy that lost his house in New Orleans for failure to pay state real estate taxes and later lost a 2$ million law suit with The US Government for income taxes..What a douche bag

Maybe you should do some research first on why he wasn't able to pay this tax before you call him a douche bag!!!

I can't be ar$ed.

Pray tell.

I thought he'd pissed all his money away on Hollywood excesses and bad investments, and had to sell all his property at just the wrong time (and rock bottom prices) to pay his tax bill.

Is that the one he stole in national treasure?

Do you find reading particularly difficult?

The headline

A quote from the OP, the third line down in fact.

"The lawsuit did not specifically name Cage as the owner, but Cage's publicist confirmed that the actor bought the skull in March 2007 from a Beverly Hills gallery, I.M. Chait."

How does that equate with your post?

"Is that the one he stole in national treasure?"

The headline

"The lawsuit did not specifically name Cage as the owner, but Cage's publicist confirmed that the actor bought the skull in March 2007 from a Beverly Hills gallery, I.M. Chait."

You do realise that National Treasure is a movie starring Nicolas Cage.

If you read the full article, you realize that the skull was never stolen at all. The headline is a lie.

The government of Mongolia never owned it in the first place.

An Indiana-Jones-type paleontologist apparently dug it up in the Gobi desert and smuggled it out to where there were paying customers.

He didn't "steal" it, because the Mongolians weren't doing anything with it in the first place.

The D.A. claims to be returning it to its "rightful owners". What a crock!

I can't be ar$ed.

Pray tell.

I thought he'd pissed all his money away on Hollywood excesses and bad investments, and had to sell all his property at just the wrong time (and rock bottom prices) to pay his tax bill.

Amen.

I did not realize he was a victim of some malady that prevented him from being physically able to pay his tax.

Please shine a light on this injustice.

The headline

I read that with all this DNA sequencing they have finally discovered the gene for humor.

Sadly they have not found a way to give it to those born without it.

The headline

I read that with all this DNA sequencing they have finally discovered the gene for humor.

Sadly they have not found a way to give it to those born without it.

clap2.gif