Prayuth Releases Another Patriotic Ballad

snoop1130

Prayuth Releases Another Patriotic Ballad
Teeranai Charuvastra
Staff Reporter

14507783181450778356l.jpg
Junta chairman Prayuth Chan-ocha speaks to reporters today at Government House in Bangkok.

BANGKOK -- The government today unveiled lyrics to a new patriotic song that junta chairman Prayuth Chan-ocha reportedly wrote himself as a“New Year present” to Thais.

Titled “Because You Are Thailand,” the ballad is the second musical achievement of the retired general, whose previous song, “Returning Happiness to the People,” has been played on a loop on state-owned media agencies since he wrote and released it in June 2014.

Gen. Prayuth, who seized power from the elected government in May 2014, provided some insights into his latest work at today’s news conference.

“I wrote it as a personal New Year present for the people,” Gen. Prayuth said at Government House, according to Prachachat. “In the lyrics, it doesn’t only mean me, but it means the media, too, because everyone is united and I have to please them. I use my every breath to help this country move forward.”

Government officials have unveiled lyrics to the song for the media, but the song itself has not been released yet. According to officials, the song will be performed by army sergeant Pongsathorn Porchi.

Here’s the song followed by an unofficial translation from Khaosod English:

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1450778318

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-12-22

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Get ready to groove: Prayuth releases new song

By Coconuts Bangkok

prayuth_8.jpg

"Mike check, mike check..." Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha. Photo: Reuters

BANGKOK -- Did you feel like there was something missing from Thai politics recently?

A little groovin, a little jivin... something to get you on your feet and bopping away?

Well this will be music to your ears: Thailand's junta leader has released a new patriotic ballad today, which he called his New Year present to the Thai people. Awwww.

Full Story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/12/22/get-ready-groove-prayuth-releases-new-song

A personal New Years present to the people.

I bet they will be overjoyed at his masterpiece.

There are no limits to this mans phenomenal talents,army general,prime minister,peace keeper,maker of laws quite simply a legend in the making.

I am flabbergasted to say the least.

Get ready to groove: Prayuth releases new song

By Coconuts Bangkok

prayuth_8.jpg

"Mike check, mike check..." Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha. Photo: Reuters

BANGKOK -- Did you feel like there was something missing from Thai politics recently?

A little groovin, a little jivin... something to get you on your feet and bopping away?

Well this will be music to your ears: Thailand's junta leader has released a new patriotic ballad today, which he called his New Year present to the Thai people. Awwww.

Full Story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/12/22/get-ready-groove-prayuth-releases-new-song

more like a little snoozin' a little snorin'. blink.png Nearly put me to sleep.saai.gif

Thailand does have talent..................just not military talent apparently.

Have listened to it only twice and the song's soporific melody and obnoxious lyrics already start going on my nerves just as much as the previous composition. And the thought that I'll be assaulted with it at every suitable and unsuitable occasion on both radio and television over the coming 12 months and possibly longer makes me shudder.

What's next? Renaming Monday (Wan Chan) into "Wan Prayut"?

Please take your "present" back, dear general. We'd rather suffer Christmas songs all year round...

Edited by Misterwhisper

This may be more apt,I'm sure the it would be appreciated as much if not more.

Good one. 'Sympathy For The Devil' would be another choice: "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste..."

I am sure the citizenry have reacted to this proclamation with tears in their eyes.

He doesn't do a good line in self effacing, does He?

Tears of laughter maybe?.... Except it really isn't funny.

-----------------------------------

14507783181450778356l.jpg

Bangkok people here and Isaan people here.

NEW YEAR
PM pens new song urging Thais to join hands

WASAMON AUDJARINT
THE NATION

30275482-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- PRIME Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha yesterday released the lyrics to a new patriotic ballad, the second song he has written since seizing power in 2014, as his New Year gift to the Thai people.

"Because You Are Thailand", includes lyrics like "If we join hands ... the day we hope for is not far away" and "Because you are Thailand, you will not let anyone destroy you."

Speaking in his weekly press conference at Government House, he said: "The 'I' in the song means 'we' because we are 'one'. We need to devote our hands, hearts, breath, and lives to help move the country forward. This is my intention. [With] only my [hands and breath] the dream won't come true."

"Thai society is now extremely polarised [in politics], [people are] either right or left and it's not good. So I try to figure out how we can join forces to solve the problem. That's why I wrote this song," he said.

The song was released one day prior to [today's] government's one-year performance presentation at Government House in order to make people have more understanding of what his government had done, he said.

Prayut, who as Army chief led the May 2014 coup, first wrote the song "Return Happiness to Thailand", which is played constantly on television and radio stations as part of a public relations campaign by the junta to win over Thais.

The tune has racked up more than one million views on YouTube but has been mocked by critics of the junta.

Government spokesman Maj General Sansern Kaewkamnerd said the premier wanted to convey a message of the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) which is easy to understand - that the NCPO wants all Thais to join hands to help develop the country.

"It can be unreachable sometimes to always communicate with people in a formal way," Sansern said. "That's why the premier wrote the lyrics - to convey that people of all sides need to work together, by our two hands, for our own country."

Meanwhile, the premier rejected a proposal of a national unity government with Prayut as PM, which was proposed by Preecha Rengsomboonsuk, a leading Pheu Thai member.

The coup leader said he did not want to be head of a unity government because he expected that no one would obey him.

"Never! I won't be the prime minister for any politician. I hereby affirm that I won't," Prayut said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/PM-pens-new-song-urging-Thais-to-join-hands-30275482.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-12-23