Pheu Thai attacks Prayut govt

webfact

If one is to point the finger, clean hands add credibility.

Better unclean hands than an intellectual lobotomy.

Yes, I feel so much better being robbed by smart criminals.

At least those criminals were legally elected, and there were checks and balances in place. Today we have a self imposed junta with article 44, attitude adjustment sessions, only one side allowed to demonstrate etc, etc, etc,etc,
But hey, anything as long as it's not Thaksin, right?

Both as bad as each other perhaps? Would that be a more balanced view?

The junta reason for staging the coup was to rid corruption and should not be lump in as comparison. If they are as bad, then the coup was not about ridding corruption but for other reasons.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They throw a laundry list of complaints / negatives at the current government, in reality it's pretty much a list of their own failings / serious items which need serious attention but got no attention at all, and nobody surprised given their purpose and their lack of morals, plus their severe lack of capability.

First honest statement I have heard coming from Phua Thai. The times they are a changin...

You are joking right? Or are you really that naive?

Simply PT having a go, and hoping they will one day be back on top of the shit heap and in control off the trough.

What did they do about fighting corruption? Oh yes, they had their pretty pictured with a nice anti-corruption banner and lied when challenged on anything.

What did they do about people trafficking, slave workers, land encroachment by their cronies, etc etc - nowt.

I'm not suggesting that this government has done much either.

But PTP = honest cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Do I have to underline first honest statement or?

They throw a laundry list of complaints / negatives at the current government, in reality it's pretty much a list of their own failings / serious items which need serious attention but got no attention at all, and nobody surprised given their purpose and their lack of morals, plus their severe lack of capability.

Yes but that was supposedly why the junta took power, to stop all that not to continue it with knobs on. At least the PTP stood to be voted out. That's what this is all about, not who's the most or least corrupt govt but about the rights of the people to make their choice.

First honest statement I have heard coming from Phua Thai. The times they are a changin...

Honest? This statement came from perhaps the most corrupt party ever. I would call it a disingenuous statement. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

I wrote first honest statement, if you didn't notice it.

"It's quite amusing that you post so freely against the Junta without even knowing why they are there. "

No, John. What's amusing is that you spectacularly fail to grasp why they took power!laugh.png

Edited by seedy
Quote hidden post

Pheu Thai attacks Prayut govt

What is the difference between an attack and constructive criticism?

The headline is more polarizing than solution oriented.

Somehow many Thais are not open to criticism.

Also an objective criticism is mainly understood as a personal criticism here.

This lost - face - concept hindered progress here.

Pitiable

At least those criminals were legally elected, and there were checks and balances in place. Today we have a self imposed junta with article 44, attitude adjustment sessions, only one side allowed to demonstrate etc, etc, etc,etc,

The junta reason for staging the coup was to rid corruption and should not be lump in as comparison. If they are as bad, then the coup was not about ridding corruption but for other reasons.

No, it was not about ridding corruption. It was about stopping Pheu-Thai murdering protesters with their UDD terrorists and the police helping them in and out. Not a single arrest even when they were caught full frontal on CCTV.

They point blank refused to stop and the situation was in a downwards spiral as the goblin became more and more desperate to cling on to power. His only hope for amnesty.

It's quite amusing that you post so freely against the Junta without even knowing why they are there.

BANGKOK Thailands Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha today vowed like every other past Thai PM to eliminate corruption in the country and to promote more integrity and responsibility within the society.
He condemned all cheats and corrupt individuals to an unfavorable fate while also asserting that more intensive checks will be made and any wrongdoing will be severely penalized irrespective of rank or standing.

That was his mission statement. No?
He could have stop the civil unrest by exercising his responsibilities under Emergency decree. No? His real intention fully revealed when he decided to decorate all military check points with flowers.

"It's quite amusing that you post so freely against the Junta without even knowing why they are there. "

No, John. What's amusing is that you spectacularly fail to grasp why they took power!laugh.png

God how true this is

Edited by seedy
Quote hidden post

Interesting that Pheu Thai blames the current government for the E.C. dropping Thailand from the Generalised System of Preferences and at the same time seem to put such faith in free-trade agreements.

"But hey, anything as long as it's not Thaksin ?"

Agree 100%

Too late to edit.

I have to admit I was over the top.

What I wanted to say is: Better this government than Thaksin or one of his puppet governments.

Many governments imaginable that are worse than the present one, much worse.

You are joking right? Or are you really that naive?

Simply PT having a go, and hoping they will one day be back on top of the shit heap and in control off the trough.

What did they do about fighting corruption? Oh yes, they had their pretty pictured with a nice anti-corruption banner and lied when challenged on anything.

What did they do about people trafficking, slave workers, land encroachment by their cronies, etc etc - nowt.

I'm not suggesting that this government has done much either.

But PTP = honest cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

He never suggested that they were honest. He is simply stating that they have made an honest statement which you can't disagree with. So because you can't disagree with their statement, you try to turn it around on PTP.

Even the biggest of liars will occasionally tell the truth.

Try and focus. Its been almost 2 years since PTP have been in government and you guys still go on with the but,but,but or what,what,what.

No, it was not about ridding corruption. It was about stopping Pheu-Thai murdering protesters with their UDD terrorists and the police helping them in and out. Not a single arrest even when they were caught full frontal on CCTV.

They point blank refused to stop and the situation was in a downwards spiral as the goblin became more and more desperate to cling on to power. His only hope for amnesty.

It's quite amusing that you post so freely against the Junta without even knowing why they are there.

You keep thinking that's the reason why the coup happened if it makes you feel better John. As usual your comment borders on delusion.

I could enlighten you on the real reasons behind the coup but as I said before, that it cannot be discussed.

"But hey, anything as long as it's not Thaksin ?"

Agree 100%

Too late to edit.

I have to admit I was over the top.

What I wanted to say is: Better this government than Thaksin or one of his puppet governments.

Many governments imaginable that are worse than the present one, much worse.

"What I wanted to say is: Better this government than Thaksin or one of his puppet governments."

Why??

"Many governments imaginable that are worse than the present one, much worse."

And that's supposed to be an argument in favor of the junta????

Oh you are hilarious. Should I feel happier that the criminals robbing me are elected, some by the "buy your position" party list, others simply appointed as ministers? Should I forget how fast they were dismantling the checks and balances, starving agencies of funds, an AG blind in one red eye, and a DSI leader changing the definition of perjury to protect the guilty?

Under PTP both sides were allowed to demonstrate, but one side under constant attack with BIB completely unable to detect even those clearly caught on video, or willing to prosecute those that somehow fell into their hands.

But you are right about one thing. Getting rid of the egomaniac buying his way to power and corrupt wealth is very important. without him, there is hope for change.

Honest? This statement came from perhaps the most corrupt party ever. I would call it a disingenuous statement. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

Oh dear, another one who has'nt read his history books,the books you can't buy here.

As one was elected, and the other took power by force, I would say NO.

Elected? Threatening people in the villages? Systematically tearing down Democratic Party posters? Buying and selling votes? Just those three alone wou;ld declare such an election null and void. So yes, as bad as each other.

Oh dear, another one who has'nt read his history books,the books you can't buy here.

I wouldn't mind a fuller explanation.

Oh you are hilarious. Should I feel happier that the criminals robbing me are elected, some by the "buy your position" party list, others simply appointed as ministers? Should I forget how fast they were dismantling the checks and balances, starving agencies of funds, an AG blind in one red eye, and a DSI leader changing the definition of perjury to protect the guilty?

Under PTP both sides were allowed to demonstrate, but one side under constant attack with BIB completely unable to detect even those clearly caught on video, or willing to prosecute those that somehow fell into their hands.

But you are right about one thing. Getting rid of the egomaniac buying his way to power and corrupt wealth is very important. without him, there is hope for change.

"Oh you are hilarious"

I see you are easily amused, a most admirable trait.

"But you are right about one thing. Getting rid of the egomaniac buying his way to power and corrupt wealth is very important. without him, there is hope for change."

Hope for change, are you serious??? After 19 coups/attempted coups where nothing changed what on earth makes you believe the current junta boss is going to change things for the better? Wake up and smell the roses!

There is attitude adjustment sessions going on, people conveniently dying in prison, people jailed for life for "liking" in Facebook and this to you is progress??

Wow!blink.png

As one was elected, and the other took power by force, I would say NO.

Elected? Threatening people in the villages? Systematically tearing down Democratic Party posters? Buying and selling votes? Just those three alone wou;ld declare such an election null and void. So yes, as bad as each other.

The international community and election observers disagree with you but I'm sure you know best!

You keep thinking that's the reason why the coup happened if it makes you feel better John. As usual your comment borders on delusion.

I could enlighten you on the real reasons behind the coup but as I said before, that it cannot be discussed.

The real reason WAS to stop the violence and the CAPO/BIB supporting those behind it.

The conspiracy reason is what those who refuse to accept the real reason have to misuse as an 'argument'.

Some of what PTP say is true and some is normal biased opinion. Corruption was not a reason for the coup but admittedly it was supposed to be seriously addressed when the junta took charge of running the country. The real failure for me is that they haven't properly addressed the number one corrupt organisation that allows and too often participates in unlawful activities - the RTP.

The real reason WAS to stop the violence and the CAPO/BIB supporting those behind it.

The conspiracy reason is what those who refuse to accept the real reason have to misuse as an 'argument'.

Some of what PTP say is true and some is normal biased opinion. Corruption was not a reason for the coup but admittedly it was supposed to be seriously addressed when the junta took charge of running the country. The real failure for me is that they haven't properly addressed the number one corrupt organisation that allows and too often participates in unlawful activities - the RTP.

"The real reason WAS to stop the violence and the CAPO/BIB supporting those behind it."

cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

Thanks, I needed thatthumbsup.gif