Koh Tao: Suspects found guilty of murdering British backpackers

Jonathan Fairfield

"Later, however, the DNA samples were sent to lab in Singapore instead. The FBI was not involved. Why not"?

Since when has WERE been in the future tense?

Yep more smoke and mirrors (as usual).

If you actually bothered to read the 'article' which you mention you would see that it is not actually a news article but a reader's letter -

So, did that reader see proof that the samples WERE sent to Singapore, or did he just assume so based on the earlier assertion from the police that the samples would be sent there (but which they never actually followed through with as it was all done in-house in the end, as mentioned in court).

But you knew all this anyway I think - just trying to misrepresent as usual, hence you not actually supplying the link.

Here it is:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/opinion/Independent-third-party-must-test-Koh-Tao-DNA-30246319.html

So, we're actually still waiting for some evidence that samples WERE sent to Singapore.

Still waiting for YOUR proof that the police chief lied.

It was said in court that all dna was processed in BKK. A man can change his mind about where things will be processed so I'm not calling him a liar. But I am saying the stuff was never sent to Singapore as your team claim. and we're still waiting for anything that backs up your claim. i think it will be a long wait.

If it was said in court it will be written down, please provide written proof of court statement, like you and your mates have been demanding on this forum, so we will not take your hearsay.

Until that post, WE ARE STILL WAITING for your proof.

Prove otherwise, but you can't. So shut it.

It was a statement by a police commander in a news paper that is published all over the country. If the statement wasn't true I'm sure the police commander would have reacted to it, since he would be well aware of the article. So I don't need to proof anything. It is you who are saying he lied.

Now why do I need to shut up. Did i touch a nerve that doesn't fit in your conspiracy theories?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay here is the link where it was stated that that DNA HAD BEEN sent to Singapore. All that this forensic evidence was used for was to narrow down their search and to exclude that the DNA was from David or any of the foreigners on the island at that time. It was stated before the B2 were arrested and I see no reason why he would be lying about this. I mean Nomsod is also Asian isn't he?

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/09/22/more-dna-evidence-collected-koh-tao-police-move-new-field-suspects

You have a very low bar for a burden of proof - you link to a "news" site, that is reporting what was said on another "news" site, and to you that is a confirmed "fact" that DNA HAD BEEN sent....

"Later, however, the DNA samples were sent to lab in Singapore instead. The FBI was not involved. Why not"?

If you actually bothered to read the 'article' which you mention you would see that it is not actually a news article but a reader's letter -

So, did that reader see proof that the samples WERE sent to Singapore, or did he just assume so based on the earlier assertion from the police that the samples would be sent there (but which they never actually followed through with as it was all done in-house in the end, as mentioned in court).

But you knew all this anyway I think - just trying to misrepresent as usual, hence you not actually supplying the link.

Here it is:
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/opinion/Independent-third-party-must-test-Koh-Tao-DNA-30246319.html

So, we're actually still waiting for some evidence that samples WERE sent to Singapore.

It was said in court that all dna was processed in BKK. A man can change his mind about where things will be processed so I'm not calling him a liar. But I am saying the stuff was never sent to Singapore as your team claim. and we're still waiting for anything that backs up your claim. i think it will be a long wait.

If it was said in court it will be written down, please provide written proof of court statement, like you and your mates have been demanding on this forum, so we will not take your hearsay.

It was a statement by a police commander in a news paper that is published all over the country. If the statement wasn't true I'm sure the police commander would have reacted to it, since he would be well aware of the article. So I don't need to proof anything. It is you who are saying he lied.

Now why do I need to shut up. Did i touch a nerve that doesn't fit in your conspiracy theories?

As I've said before I believe the exact opposite of what the rtp state.

WPs Alibi (not retracted confession) concerning the phone was he found it on the beach then gave it to his as it was locked then they heard about the murders so they destroyed it

What was not confirmed was who's phone it was,

The British government and the phone company are not allowed to give that information so Davids Dad took a screen print of davids computer which had the imei number

This was first brought to the courts attention when Andy hall took the stand but he never reported this or any of his journalist friends.

Then on the last day of the trial Sarah Yuen did a breaking sky news interview saying a package was delivered to court and it confirmed the phone belonged to David. (but this was just a translation from the embassy)

So now you can see we have not been getting the whole story.

So a late screengrab from a civilian on the other side of the world (possibly biased depending on what he has been told by RTP etc. - David's brother certainly seemed to be very anti B2) is one of the things that the court and yourself have used as a basis for the verdict? I'm surprised something like this can even be used as evidence as it would be open to being doctored. I'm not saying it was at all, just that it would be possible without much difficulty so I'm surprised it was admissable (well in this particular case less so I suppose I am less surprised). Also probably not difficult for someone with knowledge to change the number in the application, or on the screen prior to screenshot also. I do hope RTP didn't tell what number they were looking for prior to receiving this. I'd feel more comfortable about it if had come from a more formal source. If all above board and if the alleged timeline of this particular phone was true then it could tie him in to finding the phone as he claimed, and the charge of theft of the phone.

Once a death sentence has been given does that then negate the reason that the UK govt / phone company etc cannot comply with such requests?

Even the defense are no longer arguing the that the phone isn't Davids so why are you ?

Do you really think the Millers are forging evidence ?

you are deflecting again, the Millars were given an imei number and know absolutely nothing else about phones and where they were located, the police have told them exactly the same as they have told the court, the question still remains - where is the phone found at the crime scene that should be in evidence ? and was shown on TV before the arrests were made - where is it and who did it belong to, a black iPhone 4s

So now the phone that only you has heard about is now an iPhone4s, still haven't got around showing were you got that novel "fact" from.

Here it is:

Nonsense….. there is no transcript of of what is said in courts in Thailand. There is only the judges' summary of proceedings, which is the official record of the case. What goes in the summary and what doesn't is at the discretion of the of the judge(s).

There was talk of sending samples abroad to Singapore (definitely), and the USA (as I recall, but not sure) for DNA analysis, but in the end it didn't happen. The DNA analysis was done in Bangkok.

Here it is:

Correct this own statement and lose face, no way José.....

BANGKOK, 10 July 2015 – The Royal Thai Police chief has clarified that the DNA samples in the Koh Tao murder case had been stored at the Institute of Forensic Medicine, quelling allegations that the evidence was lost during investigation.
The Royal Thai Police Commissioner-General Pol Gen Somyot Pumpunmuang, addressed a misunderstanding about the DNA samples in the Koh Tao murder case, giving an assurance that the evidence was not lost.
He cited the Provincial Police Region 8 Commissioner, stating that all collected DNA samples from the date of the incident had been sent to the Institute of Forensic Medicine by investigators, before being examined by the Central Scientific Crime Detection Division.
The examination results of the DNA samples have been used to compile forensic evidence for the case’s court proceedings. http://www.forensic-news.com/police-chief-says-talk-of-lost-koh-tao-dna-a-misunderstanding-pattaya-mail-pattaya-news/

BANGKOK, 10 July 2015 – The Royal Thai Police chief has clarified that the DNA samples in the Koh Tao murder case had been stored at the Institute of Forensic Medicine, quelling allegations that the evidence was lost during investigation.

The Royal Thai Police Commissioner-General Pol Gen Somyot Pumpunmuang, addressed a misunderstanding about the DNA samples in the Koh Tao murder case, giving an assurance that the evidence was not lost.

He cited the Provincial Police Region 8 Commissioner, stating that all collected DNA samples from the date of the incident had been sent to the Institute of Forensic Medicine by investigators, before being examined by the Central Scientific Crime Detection Division.

The examination results of the DNA samples have been used to compile forensic evidence for the case’s court proceedings. http://www.forensic-news.com/police-chief-says-talk-of-lost-koh-tao-dna-a-misunderstanding-pattaya-mail-pattaya-news/

........but I thought that all of you lot were remonstrating about the DNA evidence going AWOL. Appears that your protests weren't warranted.

Siding with the prosecutor, the court yesterday accepted the DNA test as valid and up to international standards. It rejected argument from the defense lawyers that the DNA test was performed solely by the Institute of Forensic Medicine, which operates under the Thai police force, could have been forged or tampered with. http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1451042373

Yes I think thats very possible. I also think its possible the prosecution knows where the blond hair found in Hannah's hand is along with the clothes she was wearing that were never tested.

Maybe you would like to tell us what DNA on Hannah's clothes would have proved ?

Would it prove in a court of law she was murdered ?

Would it prove in a court of law she was raped ?

Possibly it would had added a dozen or so suspects to sort through from the people he was in contact with on that night at the packed bars she visited that night.

The Koh Tao Truthers idea of good investigative work seems to be that the police should had spent time painstakingly analyzing the clothes for clues while ignoring or setting aside the unambiguous DNA from the semen in the victim.

Let's see, on one hand spend time and resources investigating evidence that may or may not give a DNA profile for people that may or may not have been involved in the crime versus using evidence that can be easily processed and it is 100% guaranteed to provide a DNA profile of the attackers... tough choice. :rolleyes:

By the way, the idea that the clothes are missing comes from Andy Hall saying that he doesn't know were they are.

Edited by AleG

The not guilty camp, can stamp their feet, threat to hit the ignore button and hit out with personal attacks, but the fact is these two savages have been found guilty, and no new evidence will be heard in the appeal, so the sentence will stand.

You have no idea so you listen to Lucy I would suggest you follow a few different people and do a little research instead of sending them 2 young men to the gallows.

Well we know now the defense have not been not telling us the whole story after the phone incident,

They told there supporters that the the money they were giving to the funderaiser was for a Fair Transparent Trial,

Then they closed there propaganda forum to the public and made it private.

seems to me its the defense who are trying to hide something

I am 99.999% sure these Rakhine rapists are guilty.

Under no circumstances is any information about posters going to put on the open forum. Continuing to discuss it is against forum rules.

This is the rule:

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

Please stay on topic.

The police chief said that fragments of hair belonging to a foreigner had been found by Bangkok forensics experts, in the hand of Ms Witheridge, 23, who was murdered on Monday morning, along with Mr Miller, 24. Mr Ware has blonde hair and Mr Miller had brown hair. He did not explain how the police knew that the hair was from a foreigner, and from the potential killer. http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/thai-police-question-british-man-christopher-alan-ware-over-british-tourist-murders-on-koh-tao/story-fnizu68q-1227061922322

Earlier, Region 8 Police Commander Panya Mamen told PhuketWan: “David Miller’s luggage contains a pair of bloodstained pants, which adds to the mystery. “There was also blonde hair on a mobile telephone police have now located.” http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/11103274/DNA-found-on-body-of-murdered-British-backpacker-in-Thailand-no-match-to-suspects.html

Some blonde strands of human hair were found at the scene and were kept as evidence. Police are awaiting DNA test results to confirm their case. http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/three-migrant-workers-confess-rape-murder-british-tourists

What do the defence team have to say about this?

they didn't get a chance as the phone imei evidence was introduced on the last day of the trial - go figure

It wasn't introduced on the last day of the trial, it was introduced in the middle of the prosecution turn, which was days before the defense turn. You have not the slightest clue on what you are talking about.

Are court transcripts available?

You are so blatant in your deflections - I have pulled you up on your WERE SENT to singapore claim, with a link showing that all you are quoting is a reader's letter. Do you deny this to be correct? Strewth I could send a letter in just saying 'It was the mafia wot dunnit'. If published would that make it fact????

Instead of addressing my point you, as usual, avoid and try to turn it round so you can avoid admitting you are putting out untrue information.

And again, as usual, you know it and we know it. This particular aspect is now closed until you prove otherwise. To continue down this path without backing it up would make you look foolish imo, but go for it if you like

Don't try to wriggle yourself out of this with more lies.

First of all you didn't pick me up on a readers letter, or anything else for that matter, it was Lucky11 who quoted a statement from a National police commander.not from a reader.

I also don't know if court transcripts are available, and I don't care since I believe a statement of the police commander on the National media source as credible enough.

It is only because members like HUH and a few other thought it was their right to DEMAND that we only quote official court statements and proof them by linking to the written source of it, that I think that counts for you as well.

So to be clear, I'm STILL WAITING for your proof that that the National police commander is a liar, and I will give you even the benefit of the doubt if you show a report in a credible written media.

Edited by TheCruncher

BANGKOK, 10 July 2015 The Royal Thai Police chief has clarified that the DNA samples in the Koh Tao murder case had been stored at the Institute of Forensic Medicine, quelling allegations that the evidence was lost during investigation.

The examination results of the DNA samples have been used to compile forensic evidence for the cases court proceedings. http://www.forensic-news.com/police-chief-says-talk-of-lost-koh-tao-dna-a-misunderstanding-pattaya-mail-pattaya-news/

........but I thought that all of you lot were remonstrating about the DNA evidence going AWOL. Appears that your protests weren't warranted.

It was one of the BIB who said in court that the DNA evidence had been lost.

Then magically it wasn't lost a day or so later, just a misunderstanding apparently.

Misunderstanding? Yeah right...

I have no connection with any other posters here and not wanting to repeat myself, I can say that now that I am more acquainted with the facts, I am content with the guilty verdict and as proponent of the death penalty, I do support the sentence.

Yes but why repeat this as a daily, repeated message in the forum ?

It will not help either side , I also believe B2 are involved somehow and not just some random scape goats , but when not all the facts are on the table , you just can't defend a death sentence, especially in this case

I do support a life sentence , if they are the real killers.

The not guilty camp, can stamp their feet, threat to hit the ignore button and hit out with personal attacks, but the fact is these two savages have been found guilty, and no new evidence will be heard in the appeal, so the sentence will stand.

You have no idea so you listen to Lucy I would suggest you follow a few different people and do a little research instead of sending them 2 young men to the gallows.

Well we know now the defense have not been not telling us the whole story after the phone incident,

They told there supporters that the the money they were giving to the funderaiser was for a Fair Transparent Trial,

Then they closed there propaganda forum to the public and made it private.

seems to me its the defense who are trying to hide something

I am 99.999% sure these Rakhine rapists are guilty.

I am 100% sure the b2 are not guilty, and I disagree with the verdict.

If they got all this wrong then it infers to me that the result verdict stemmed solely from the DNA evidence that the defence team was unable to counter, as it was so strong regards pointing to their guilt!!

The defense made a formal request to re-test DNA in March/April. Judge said ok for 30th of April. A day before, the judge said he'll decide on first day of trial, June 8. First day came and went. Same for 2nd day. 3rd day judge said ok but put very tight restrictions on what could be tested. So tight, that it hardly had a bearing on the trial. A day later, an RTP head investigator was at the court says some DNA items were 'used up' and other DNA evidence was lost or too small/decrepit to be tested. The hair was lost. No original samples from Hannah. Head cop Somyot emphatically stated that evening, "NOTHING HAS BEEN LOST!" More delays by officialdom. In August defense says they don't want to get DNA from prosecution - most likley because anything they get will be provided by RTP. Also, top cop brass says in court he doesn't know (or doubts) if Nomsod's DNA was ever tested, and is quite sure there is no DNA from Nomsod still kept by RTP. Earlier, RTP said they wouldn't share Nomsod's DNA typing/results with Brit experts. Probably the same for any other DNA evidence. Ms Pontip said several times over months, that RTP handling of DNA is unreliable and unprofessional. The defense witness Ms Taupin from Australia took a plane over and was ready to give expert testimony. All she needed was some basic info from RTP. No surprise, RTP wouldn't provide her with anything at all. Thereby, RTP successfully precluded her from testifying. All I've written here is just a fraction of how the DNA trail was completely screwed up and probably lied about by RTP and prosecution.

Additionally, Brit forensics didn't find semen in Hannah (as far as I've heard). All indications are the RTP deliberately told many lies about DNA trail, while conspiring to skew it to nail the scapegoats and continue to shield the real perps. Losing Hannah's clothes is yet one more of a string of screw-ups.

Okay here is the link where it was stated that that DNA HAD BEEN sent to Singapore. All that this forensic evidence was used for was to narrow down their search and to exclude that the DNA was from David or any of the foreigners on the island at that time. It was stated before the B2 were arrested and I see no reason why he would be lying about this. I mean Nomsod is also Asian isn't he?

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/09/22/more-dna-evidence-collected-koh-tao-police-move-new-field-suspects

You have a very low bar for a burden of proof - you link to a "news" site, that is reporting what was said on another "news" site, and to you that is a confirmed "fact" that DNA HAD BEEN sent..

Agreed but the same can be said for those who are posting links in defense of the B2.

Okay I'll ask you a question then: why did they decide to narrow down their search to Asians only?

And if you would know of an institute that could do the DNA ethnicity test in Thailand please provide me a link to their website.

The whole "DNA is lost!" brouhaha came from the time the Phangan police chief testified, what he said was that they didn't have the DNA evidence collected at the crime scene, because they had already sent it to Bangkok to the Forensic Institute. Somehow the last part got conveniently overlooked and next thing you hear was that the police said there was no more DNA evidence.

I have no connection with any other posters here and not wanting to repeat myself, I can say that now that I am more acquainted with the facts, I am content with the guilty verdict and as proponent of the death penalty, I do support the sentence.

Yes but why repeat this as a daily, repeated message in the forum ?

It will not help either side , I also believe B2 are involved somehow and not just some random scape goats , but when not all the facts are on the table , you just can't defend a death sentence, especially in this case

I do support a life sentence , if they are the real killers.

I agree completely, balo. A very balanced opinion.

All I believe is the DNA trail would not hold up in the UK!. The Keystone cops here are near on clueless a Rookie UK cop would have more idea on the proper procedures than these fools!.

There would only be a handful of RTP on the island and I bet non are clued up on preserving DNA and making sure the crime scene was sealed off ,when did anyone with any idea of dealing with forensics get on the island?, a few hours I do believe whilst everyman and his dog wondered all over it!.The crime scene was a typical Thai circus ,

The shills must live in a fantasy world to believe any of this crap from the keystone cops let alone ever been to Thailand to know what sort of evil shit the RTP are capable off!

what was sent to Singapore?

Nothing went to Singapore, all original DNA testing was carried out at "The Institute of Forensic Medicine: attached to the Police Hospital in Bangkok. There lab technicians and witnesses were at the trial and took the stand explaining their procedure with one even commenting on how surprisingly quickly the test results were obtained from their own lab. Unfortunately we have a couple of posters here saying the dna was tested in Singapore they obviously have not followed the trial in any detail.

That several laboratories were involved in the process was known since the beginning.

The Bangkok Post today lists the Chiang Mai University, Prince of Songkla University and Chulalongkorn University as laboratories that were used to verify the DNA evidence.

All that uproar by Myanmar officials is only because they got the death sentence, it is not about their innocence.

Every government does the same if one of their citizens is sentenced to death somewhere in the world. Even when caught with 50kg of cocaine.

Wrong. The uproar is a combination of responses: the death penalties, sure, but also anger at how unjust they see the verdict. In Burma it's even more of an issue because yes, it's two Burmese, but more so because it's such an obvious scenario of two powerless and poor young men being set up, while men from a powerful and rich family were let off in a Bkk minute - just by having two photos waved around by a lawyer.

And when have you seen groups of angry protesters massing at border crossings to express themselves? It didn't happen with any of the drug cases.

BANGKOK, 10 July 2015 The Royal Thai Police chief has clarified that the DNA samples in the Koh Tao murder case had been stored at the Institute of Forensic Medicine, quelling allegations that the evidence was lost during investigation.

The examination results of the DNA samples have been used to compile forensic evidence for the cases court proceedings. http://www.forensic-news.com/police-chief-says-talk-of-lost-koh-tao-dna-a-misunderstanding-pattaya-mail-pattaya-news/

The whole "DNA is lost!" brouhaha came from the time the Phangan police chief testified, what he said was that they didn't have the DNA evidence collected at the crime scene, because they had already sent it to Bangkok to the Forensic Institute. Somehow the last part got conveniently overlooked and next thing you hear was that the police said there was no more DNA evidence.

Do you have any credible link for that? Otherswise it's just hearsay.