297 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your ONE top choice for Thaivisa POSTER OF THE YEAR 2015

• Crazy Chef 1
    • NancyL
    • SoiBiker
    • Transam
    • villagefarang

This poll is closed to new votes

I don't watch your videos. There are just too many of them. I call them TransSPAMeos. So, don't bother.

They are not for you, they are for members to watch, have a laugh or just ignore, up to the reader ISN'T IT...

As you are the POTY admin you really should refrain from commenting on MY campaign....Don't you think???????

That's not what I signed up for. Not to comment. Dude, I am not an admin or Lord. I am a REGULAR MEMBER that started the bloody poll, the mechanics of organizing, scheduling, announcing, etc. That's it. No magical powers.

A big difference here is that YOU'RE in the contest and I'm not in the contest. So why should I VOTE for you?

Back to the sports commentary, the BIG STORY that is developing here is that it was obvious from the early start of this year's POTY that NancyL was a STRONG FAVORITE based on her performance last year.

Also her obvious big base in CHIANG MAI and her proven ability to LOBBY that base for a substantial number of VOTES.

Of course, that never meant she was definitely going to win but that was the background of a potential drama.

WHO could challenge the favorite?

Well, it turns out transam MIGHT be the real deal.

Still LOTS OF TIME and the margin isn't exactly massive ... so as we head into the final two days, expect that to be the continuing story:

NANCYL vs. TRANSAM.

If it's anything but that, it would be SHOCKING.

BTW, do you think NancyL LIKED seeing this headline:

Transam Trans-OWNS NancyL with 2 1/2 days left!

Does the L stand for Loser?

I calls em like I sees em. If you can't stand the heat, power off your device!!!!!

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah.

Keep posting the videos.

People seem to love the videos ... rolleyes.gif

I most certainly do.......In fact I do it all year round on TVF regarding any subject to bring a smile......I can find one for you JT to bring out your smile, just ask Trans....thumbsup.gif

What do u have in mind?

I'd guess he likes the crooners or Big Band from the 1940s and 50s.

I have a few in my zillion song head mind, BUT, don't really want too...BUT, I might, if I read any more "Kicks in the nuts" from POTY ADMIN......I might have a bit of fun.

WHICH is expected from ol' Trans......whistling.gif

Don't just read it mate...get out there and experience it first hand

As usual, I am late to the party, I know. Sigh...always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

Still, putting it out there:

I think * I * should be Poster of the Year.

I've recently changed my name to "Null Votes", if that helps.

Oh, look! I'm already second runner up.

BTW, here's a pic of me and my car, having an intimate moment just before going off to save the world.

T

Be careful Thakkar..There is one member on the look out for infringements of copyright and truth in photo portrayals.

I'm 100% sure this is you though.

Good work Double O

I thank you for your concern, Bookman. But it is the self-appointed copyright enforcer I'd be concerned about. As I like to say, "I pitied myself for not having any clown shoes--till I saw the chap who had no sense of humor"*

*copyleft asserted: https://gnu.org/copyleft/copyleft.en.html

T

You know me, straight, honest, not a liar.......Try to keep my cool, dirty tricks ain't my thing, bit of fun is....When a "line" is irretrievably lost I will bite, and sing a song....laugh.png

Do people really know you? I don't feel that I do and I read the forums a little bitwhistling.gif . Seriously, I still don't a robust and clear impression of what you're about as a very possible POTY.

You know, the DEEP stuff. Your CORE VALUES. What makes transam tick. Without the video flash. Go deeper. The voters deserve it.

It's entirely normal that FRONT RUNNERS come under more intense SCRUTINY.

Edited by Jingthing

I see that's part of your character. Insisting a person is an admin who is obviously not an admin. There's a clue. Yeah, you can "run" it next year if you actually want to run it next year and nobody who also wants to run it next year does it instead. So you're a MASOCHIST too because I think you need a touch of masochism to "run" this thing?

As far as the definition of what POTY is about, that's subjective. It's really about WHATEVER it is that the VOTERS think it should be about. If it's about words people post, fine, but the reality is the vast majority of people have not really READ those words ... so at this stage, it often comes down to CAMPAIGNING. Including things like referring to the THREADS you started, if you want. Of course as the leader, why take any risks?

If you think I "needed" to run it this year or get any rewards from doing so, think again. I just saw that nobody else was stepping up to the plate to even do BASIC things like define the structure and schedules. So I cared enough about this contest (don't ask me why, could be insanity) to just do it so that it got done.

I do think I've added some value. Like doing those LEADERBOARDS at the Semifinals stage was very useful, and really a pain in the butt to do too.

Of course now with so few names it's super easy to do and OK I admit having a bit of fun with the HEADLINES. Why not?

Edited by Jingthing

Sharp tactic. Crafty spin.

I think I'm starting to understand why you're doing so well in this contest.

Anyway, as I've said before: May the best blowhard win!

Lots of time for the plot to THICKEN even more.

Edited by Jingthing

Where, EXACTLY, does it say that JT is suppose to be neutral? He's not a mod. I can totally sympathize with him. He's taken on the thankless job of being the Poll Lord and now people who are unwilling to do any of the work themselves are finding fault with him.

Where does it say, exactly, that the criteria for selection of a POTY has to be limited to one's posts on Thai Visa? How about making one's community a better place to live? Look at Crazy Chef -- helping all those wealthy tourists who have more money than sense to eat right so they don't die premature deaths. And me, helping all the Chiang Mai retirees who have more sense than money to find their way back to their home country once they've lost their sense so they don't die horrible deaths because they don't get free health care in Thailand.

It's a little unclear what the rest of the pack has done to make the world a better place.

NancyL -- speaking truth to power.

Kind of like Mother Teresa but also a good person too.

Have you all heard the DISS about what Mother Teresa was REALLY like? OMG.

NancyL -- BETTER than Mother Teresa

Keep in mind I have posted trying to be WITTY CAMPAIGN SLOGANS for all the candidates, sometimes multiple ones.

Like for example: Soi Biker -- He's In It To Whinge It

The one I had for OLD transam was:

Vroom Vroom. You KNOW he's in the room!

Edited by Jingthing

Where, EXACTLY, does it say that JT is suppose to be neutral? He's not a mod. I can totally sympathize with him. He's taken on the thankless job of being the Poll Lord and now people who are unwilling to do any of the work themselves are finding fault with him.

Where does it say, exactly, that the criteria for selection of a POTY has to be limited to one's posts on Thai Visa? How about making one's community a better place to live? Look at Crazy Chef -- helping all those wealthy tourists who have more money than sense to eat right so they don't die premature deaths. And me, helping all the Chiang Mai retirees who have more sense than money to find their way back to their home country once they've lost their sense so they don't die horrible deaths because they don't get free health care in Thailand.

It's a little unclear what the rest of the pack has done to make the world a better place.

you think it's ok for the self- appointed Poll-God not to be neutral? I mean REALLY?

And while I'm on a roll -- Soi Biker -- time to put the bike in the garage and just stop clicking on this thread. Get off the "Null Vote" horse (to mix my metaphors).

When you trivialize this contest, you trivialize Thai Visa.

Do you realize how valuable parts of it are? It's not all music videos, pet photos and lame jokes. I've seen lives saved because of posts on Thai Visa. Situations where elderly expats were in peril have been brought to my attention because of Thai Visa. Sheryl probably knows more about this than me.

And what about all the great information shared every day on the Visa forums? And for many, the News forums are the major source of news.

Our Chiang Mai forum is the major source for information about the deplorable conditions at Chiang Mai immigration. As president of CM Expats Club, I monitor that forum closely -- and contribute reports. I've developed reports that have been shared with foreign consuls, ambassadors, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Governors office. Thai Visa was a major source of information for those reports.

So, when people say "who cares about Thai Visa?" -- I do. And, yes, I'd consider it an honor to be selected Thai Visa POTY -- even if I do have to explain what "poster" of the year means to people unfamiliar with the concept.

Rude to the lady. Tsk tsk.

That reminds me.

You know when you're out on a first date and your date is being an A-hole to the wait staff?

Tells it all.

Next!

Think you better give more detail to that, cos I ain't got a clue what you are on about...

Your response does not surprise me. giggle.gif

Maybe ask Crazy Chef 1.

Edited by Jingthing

True colors comin' out. Coolness. That's what a POTY contest is all about.

Trans AIN'T dug a hole.........smile.png

Referring to yourself in the third person. Velly (sic) interesting symptom. coffee1.gif

Response No. 1, by Elsa Ronningstam, associate clinical professor of psychology at Harvard Medical School and author of Identifying and Understanding the Narcissistic Personality: Referring to yourself in the third person creates distance between "I" and "he." So if you have an exaggerated view of how great you are, you could be using this distance to make yourself even bigger. Or, if you've achieved major success suddenly, using the third person could be a way to adjust to the bigger role that's been assigned to you. It's a way to enlarge yourself to fit that role.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a5036/third-person-1108/

Jingthing is intrigued! whistling.gif

Edited by Jingthing

Referring to yourself in the third person. Interesting symptom.

Why don't you cool your jets JT and stop being a pain in the arse, maybe a trip to Wisconsin will do you some good.

Your taking the contest to a new low - even lower than when you were dying to win.

Trans + 1

Why don't you cool your jets JT and stop being a pain in the arse, maybe a trip to Wisconsin will do you some good.

Your taking the contest to a new low - even lower than when you were dying to win.

Trans + 1

Welcome back Kotter! First post, my tuchus!

Edited by Jingthing

Trans + 1

Am glad others are reading it the same as me...........

Yep every party has a pooper, it's his way.

Don't let them get under your skin you deserve to win.

Have you chosen a victory song yet ?

I'd like to draw everyone's attention to what I thought was going to be an obscure thread on the Chiang Mai forum. You know a simple, informative post to my hometown friends to let them know had the honor to be in the running for Thai Visa POTY. Jingthing did a similar thing in his Pattaya forum last year, where he's beloved for his threads about restaurants and baht buses.

Little did I know that nearly all the other contestants would pile onto my thread, with one turning into the continuation of a feud that apparently resulted in the melt down of the Chiang Rai forum.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/881630-thank-you-for-your-support-now-onto-the-poty-finals/

Trans Am posted nine times with several music videos, Soi Biker had seven posts with his "Nullist" message and with just five posts, VillageFarang managed to stir up some p@@p, probably because he's posting just a little to close to home, where people remember how he was singlehandedly responsible for turning the Thai Visa Chiang Rai forum into the ghost town it is today.

The only POTY candidate who remained a gentleman and stayed away was CrazyChef, probably because he was too busy making his little corner of the universe a better place. Rather than trashing out someone else's nice little corner of the universe.

Interesting attempt to claim the moral high ground. Thai visa as a kind of batsignal for Nancy the superhero. That's a mighty high horse you're riding.

This poll is meant to be a bit of fun. A concept you've clearly struggled with from the start.

"Expat Alert" with only 2 posts under your belt, and no knowledge of how to use the "Quote" function you're a perfect example of what the Mods say when they think that members should have 100 posts before they're allowed to vote.

Must be an old soul.