Anyone know a gas bottle refill place in Khon Kaen?

Kenny202

Although it should not be done, there are some lpg stations that might put some gas in your bottles.

Mind you, it is supposed to be illegal.

The whole exchange business has to do with safety.

Don't forget that every house has a potential bomb on the premises.

For your own good, exchange.

It is cheaper anyway.

We're not in your area, but I've never seen this service offered.

Any particular reason you don't want to do what everyone else does and swap out your bottle for a full one?

had a big refill station in Chaiyaphum. Very professional and speedy operation specifically to do bottle refills. A lot safer than some of the horrible rusty old exchange bottles I've seen.

Any particular reason you don't want to do what everyone else does and swap out your bottle for a full one?

had a big refill station in Chaiyaphum. Very professional and speedy operation specifically to do bottle refills. A lot safer than some of the horrible rusty old exchange bottles I've seen.

Let's hope your not involved in a road traffic accident on route or returning from refilling your gas bottle.

You worry about rusty bottles but are prepared to drive on the worlds 2nd most dangerous roads with fully laden bottles of gas,I'm sorry but I fail to see your logic in that remark.

Surely you are increasing the risk as opposed to minimising it.

To each his own.

I shall stick to the ease of the local shop delivering mine to the door.

Let's hope your not involved in a road traffic accident on route or returning from refilling your gas bottle.

You worry about rusty bottles but are prepared to drive on the worlds 2nd most dangerous roads with fully laden bottles of gas,I'm sorry but I fail to see your logic in that remark.

To each his own.

Appreciate everyone's replies but to say things like "it won't happen" and "illegal" is frankly rubbish. Shouldn't say stuff like that if u don't know. As far as transporting in Australia it's quite normal to throw Ur bbq gas bottles in the car and refill or go and pick up swap bottles. The whole post has gone off the rails with the doomsday prophets. Out of interest, how much is delivery on say an 8kg and 15kg.

By the way as far as transporting gas bottles on the worlds worst roads....have a look at the trucks with 10 gas bottles behind the cab or the sht box old pick ups with the 10 unsecured acetylene bottles or stacked to the rafters with LPG bottles. How are u going to avoid them? Most appear to be drunk at most times also

Edited by Kenny202

You could ask your local gas bottle place where they get their refills/exchanges.

In reality, if it's more then a few km away you'd be just as well getting an exchange, you can always reject any ropey looking bottles.

Appreciate everyone's replies but to say things like "it won't happen" and "illegal" is frankly rubbish. Shouldn't say stuff like that if u don't know. As far as transporting in Australia it's quite normal to throw Ur bbq gas bottles in the car and refill or go and pick up swap bottles. The whole post has gone off the rails with the doomsday prophets. Out of interest, how much is delivery on say an 8kg and 15kg.

By the way as far as transporting gas bottles on the worlds worst roads....have a look at the trucks with 10 gas bottles behind the cab or the sht box old pick ups with the 10 unsecured acetylene bottles or stacked to the rafters with LPG bottles. How are u going to avoid them? Most appear to be drunk at most times also

The place that I use in Bang Saray charges 20 Baht for delivery, but I only use him for the large gas bottle for the kitchen hob, the small bottles for my gas grill, I transport myself after I do the bottle exchange

Since posters always like to bring up what is done back home. In the US most propane retailers fill your bottles on site because they buy in bulk and sell to you by weight at retail or if not a propane distributor, many will have a cage in front of the store and you can exchange cylinders in places like Walmart, Home Depot or Lowes and even some 7-11's

There is a big place on Na Muang (between Fairy plaza and the night market, on the other side of the road). Not sure if they refill, but it is worth asking the question.

thanks mate. We normally drive klang Mueang. Is Na Mueang other big soi other side Fairy plaza...ie Mcdonalds side?

Have a good look around in any lpg station serving cars.

You should find, somewhere in the station, a sign indicating filling up bottles is not allowed.

Of course, you might be lucky and get your bottle partly filled.

If you exchange your tank, it is tested on safety in one if the commercial filling station for bottles.

Your old tank will be cleaned, tested an filled to the permissable weight.

Of course, you can get your bottle filled, but it should be checked by the filling station.

Anyway, we get our tank delivered for 415 baht, including disconnecting the empty one and connecting the full one.

No lugging around gas bottles, no messing around connecting and disconnecting.

The wife orders a clean, new bottle, and we get it.

There is a big place on Na Muang (between Fairy plaza and the night market, on the other side of the road). Not sure if they refill, but it is worth asking the question.

thanks mate. We normally drive klang Mueang. Is Na Mueang other big soi other side Fairy plaza...ie Mcdonalds side?

Yes, walk away from McDonald's in the direction of town, and you will see it on the left, before you get to the traffic lights/night market.

An exchange bottle here is 400 baht. We use a place near Wat Nong Waeng (In Khon Kaen, the big pyramid-shaped temple) and they deliver it strapped to frame on the back of a motor bike and they take the empty one away. We've done that for 12 years here. A couple of years ago the man recommended changing the hose and regulator which we did.

The place that I use in Bang Saray charges 20 Baht for delivery, but I only use him for the large gas bottle for the kitchen hob, the small bottles for my gas grill, I transport myself after I do the bottle exchange

Since posters always like to bring up what is done back home. In the US most propane retailers fill your bottles on site because they buy in bulk and sell to you by weight at retail or if not a propane distributor, many will have a cage in front of the store and you can exchange cylinders in places like Walmart, Home Depot or Lowes and even some 7-11's

Good Day.. I lived in Khon Kaen for 18 month and used to go with a farmer friend to fill his truck and, he also filled his house hold bottle at the same time.

sorry to say i do not remember where the garage was.. but all it sold was LPG..

Now back in the UK winter, missing the sun, Michael an eccentric

Back home in Canada we fill our bbq bottles at the local gas station. But there is a stamp on the bottle which is good for five years. After that you buy another empty bottle and go get it filled. They will not fill a expired bottle.

I like it here better. Pay up front for the bottle and when it is empty get another one but your just paying for the gas. In fact they are just around the corner and deliver it to the house and hook it up. Easy.

Although it should not be done, there are some lpg stations that might put some gas in your bottles.

It is cheaper anyway.

I have been to the gas filling depot and LPG station is the same.Only issue is the age of the bottle.After 10 years the seals should be changed.If you have a new bottle you know the age and have control of the situation.Exchange bottles could be any age.

To each his own.

So the risk gets past to somebody else.When was the last time you heard of a gas bottle going off?Minimal risk on all counts.

Any village has a shop which you can exchange bottles there is a shop at entrance to bus stn in khon kaen that will refill them don't know name of St but it's the old bus stn in town sent you a pm

Edited by Sutty

To each his own.

So the risk gets past to somebody else.When was the last time you heard of a gas bottle going off?Minimal risk on all counts.
As I said to each his own.

I remember not to long ago when a huge explosion ripped through the outskirts of Bangkok.

The cause of that fateful explosion was old Somchai gas axing an un exploded world war 2 bomb in a scrap yard.

Stranger things happen.

Incidentally having been a welder for over 20 years I'm fully aware of the rules and regulations of the safe transportation and storage of most types of gas cylinders on and offshore.

The whole process of exchanging a gas bottle like for like is by far the easiest method known to man especially when one is delivered to your door.

Not only that the bottles in question should and will have an expiration date and some light corrosion isn't a major issue believe me,it's normally superficial.

Have you seen what happens to gas cylinders when stored offshore in a salty sea air environment.

The whole idea of re filling your own cylinders is simply overkill on an unimaginable scale.

Edited by stoneyboy

This is how it's done professionally.

post-118612-14513176256918_thumb.jpg

Flammable gas,inert gas,oxygen you name it,as you said not a problem if it's done properly.

Tail lift on the truck,steel toe cap boots minimise the risk of injury let some other prat do it.

Edited by stoneyboy

It is cheaper anyway.

Yes LPG stations refil gas bottles usually but it is illegal. remember they do so up to 6pm or 7 pm only.

Perhaps try an LPG vehicle filling station?

Firstly, welcome to KhonKaen mate. My wife tells me that most of the l.p.g.stations will do it here. I fill my car on the nmbr 2 highway on the way to Korat. Go thru two sets of lights from Central Plaza, it's on your left.

Thanks Buddy. You'd have to be an Aussie :-) We love it here. Polar opposite to living in the village. Really livable city. I think the missus has found someone will deliver and about the same price we normally pay for a refill anyway....and it is a pain in the a$$ going to a filling station. Missus was always worried about us having new bottles and getting crap rusty ones in return but the people at the swap place assure us they will only send good bottles. Thanks again :-)

Perhaps try an LPG vehicle filling station?

Firstly, welcome to KhonKaen mate. My wife tells me that most of the l.p.g.stations will do it here. I fill my car on the nmbr 2 highway on the way to Korat. Go thru two sets of lights from Central Plaza, it's on your left.