Do Thai's Think Foreigners Are Crying "Wolf"

elgordo38

Went into PC world yesterday to buy new laptop, no service, no one wanted to assist, all Indian staff speaking Indian or looking on their phones

Crap service

Best service in world - USA because they want tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tips at at PC store?

I think it has more to do with work ethic an knowing what good service is.

That said, it's going down in the US as well.

Thais generally don't like servicing foreigners (outside of the sex industry) and they dont like telling their boss "something's not right here". The combination can be maddening.

While I would agree (to a point) with the second part of you statement, the first simply has not been my experience at all.

Your lucky your leading a charmed life. Your day will come.

A friend asked me the other day, what is my worse fear in life? I said; that on one morning I might wake up and discover I’ve metamorphosize into a grumpy old elgordo38.

For all you misrable old groaners, is life really that bad? You could be back in your own countries now working your guts out until you`re 85 just to make ends meet, or in the UK at the moment with flood waters up to your necks and freezing your bullocks off. You lot don`t know when you`re well off.

thank goodness Bangkok never floods eh?

Warm flood-water beats cold.

yeah things ferment so much better in that warm waterbah.gif

Went into PC world yesterday to buy new laptop, no service, no one wanted to assist, all Indian staff speaking Indian or looking on their phones

Crap service

Best service in world - USA because they want tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tips at at PC store?

I think it has more to do with work ethic an knowing what good service is.

That said, it's going down in the US as well.

Your not going to get PC knowledge anywhere with low level sales support.

I actually prefer to be left alone with any important purchase these days. Having someone there who knows nothing is just too distracting.

So consider yourself fortunate you had those few minutes to think about your purchase and what you need without someone there squabbling in your ear.

mate, we bought a new fridge 3 years ago(top brand), found it had a faulty door on the freezer shortly after getting it when we noticed an ice build up just inside the door. Phoned the service number and they refused to come out to our house, said we needed to take the fridge to them, explained it was full of food and frozen goods and way to heavy for me to move, they still refused, Emailed the head thai office and they simply never replied, sent many emails now over 3 years and still nothing(the warranty has expired now), tried offering the service people money to come out again no go. This is what Thailand service is like so I emailed the US head office, got a reply in a 2 days and they have contacted the thai office to tell them to fix it, just goes to show how bad thai warranty service is or even their customer service is, they ignore you so they cannot lose face, crying wolf, no way in hell.

mate, we bought a new fridge 3 years ago(top brand), found it had a faulty door on the freezer shortly after getting it when we noticed an ice build up just inside the door. Phoned the service number and they refused to come out to our house, said we needed to take the fridge to them, explained it was full of food and frozen goods and way to heavy for me to move, they still refused, Emailed the head thai office and they simply never replied, sent many emails now over 3 years and still nothing(the warranty has expired now), tried offering the service people money to come out again no go. This is what Thailand service is like so I emailed the US head office, got a reply in a 2 days and they have contacted the thai office to tell them to fix it, just goes to show how bad thai warranty service is or even their customer service is, they ignore you so they cannot lose face, crying wolf, no way in hell.

Reminds me of a story years ago when I lived in a village about 2 hours out of Phitsanulok. Big C now has a better policy but then they are not your average run of the mill retailer. I bought a pile of stuff from them about 40,000 bahts and also an A/C unit. They delivered the a/c later and wanted a delivery charge. I reluctantly paid it and sent the head office a nasty email. A couple days later a car pulls up and a man and woman get out with a large fruit basket. He told me he was the manager at the store and handed my the fruit basket along with my returned delivery charge and apologies.

Bought an LG TV, 10 days later after an power outage, TV said "no signal"

Called TMN to check cable on Sunday morning, tech guys arrived 2 hours later, checked all, replaced old cable, still same issue, told us to call LG office in Pattaya, asked for.. nothing..

Called LG tech, arrived 3 hours later, checked TV, said something burned through, took TV with him, said approx 1 week as he must order replacement part. Called 3 days later, TV already fixed, came to house, installed and works perfect. The guy asked for.. yes, again nothing

Either I am really lucky or you guys just don't know how to deal with service companies...

I myself personally have experienced like at present when you complain frequently here about a problem your helpline seems to evaporate poof!! I have also read many TV members complain about this as well. A week ago last Friday a certain internet company had a wire fire and knocked out my service. I called to inquire and the service man checked it out in at the condo terminal. Things seemed OK for a few days and then the service seemed to drop off every few minutes and then come back and back and forth. It was doing this for half a day. I called last night to advise them of this and they stated a service man would appear today. I realize the day is not yet over but I am taking bets he will be a no show. I had a similar problem here with a major hospital. They could not find a EDC terminal for my CC although the bank assured me they had one as did the hospital administration. It was a terminal tha spit out a receipt to sign which works well in all retail outlets. Ran into a dead end with the head cashier she would not even go into the cashiers section and check personally. I would like other peoples opinions observations just a friendly discussion not a battle Royale.

complaining doesn't work in Thailand. It's just not a culture here that makes people respond to complaints. Best to just move on to another service provider/company if service is poor.

Bought an LG TV, 10 days later after an power outage, TV said "no signal"

Called TMN to check cable on Sunday morning, tech guys arrived 2 hours later, checked all, replaced old cable, still same issue, told us to call LG office in Pattaya, asked for.. nothing..

Called LG tech, arrived 3 hours later, checked TV, said something burned through, took TV with him, said approx 1 week as he must order replacement part. Called 3 days later, TV already fixed, came to house, installed and works perfect. The guy asked for.. yes, again nothing

Either I am really lucky or you guys just don't know how to deal with service companies...

I generally get good service as well.