Do Thai's Think Foreigners Are Crying "Wolf"

elgordo38

I myself personally have experienced like at present when you complain frequently here about a problem your helpline seems to evaporate poof!! I have also read many TV members complain about this as well. A week ago last Friday a certain internet company had a wire fire and knocked out my service. I called to inquire and the service man checked it out in at the condo terminal. Things seemed OK for a few days and then the service seemed to drop off every few minutes and then come back and back and forth. It was doing this for half a day. I called last night to advise them of this and they stated a service man would appear today. I realize the day is not yet over but I am taking bets he will be a no show. I had a similar problem here with a major hospital. They could not find a EDC terminal for my CC although the bank assured me they had one as did the hospital administration. It was a terminal tha spit out a receipt to sign which works well in all retail outlets. Ran into a dead end with the head cashier she would not even go into the cashiers section and check personally. I would like other peoples opinions observations just a friendly discussion not a battle Royale.

Ive found many Thais to be compulsive liars with zero to no work ethic and a couldnt give a <deleted> attitude, followed up by the " this is Thailand excuse", there is usually no comeback for these individuals and no one has ever told them they are complete gits............but I dont want to soft soap you with my personal views.

Ive found many Thais to be compulsive liars with zero to no work ethic and a couldnt give a <deleted> attitude, followed up by the " this is Thailand excuse", there is usually no comeback for these individuals and no one has ever told them they are complete gits............but I dont want to soft soap you with my personal views.

Too late

The only way to express your dissatisfaction here is to leave the company. It makes little difference as their are very few companies which are all owned by already incredibly rich families though, but....

Both myself and my wife left one particular mobile phone provider last month due to their pretty much non-existent mobile net service. I didn't keep the same number and said no I am not keeping my number and not paying a daily rate until I open my new service as I don't want anything to do with this company anymore. Cancel everything now. My wife kept her number.

Obviously they can't contact me, but have repeatedly phoned my wife offering her offers to come back. One was increasing the internet speed for free, but as she pointed out it doesn't work at all most the time where ever you are so what difference does it make.

Another time they asked her what her new company was and then told her they were now sharing transmitters or whatever with them and their service would be the same as the new company. One of her friends is using both companies and tried both at the same time. New company works well, yet again none to intermitent service from the old.

Nothing will change here for a long time. We all know (except the newbies and very naïve) what the problems are and why.................................................

Give a person ...power....true nature will come out.

Lies, no remorse, no introspection, no empathy, etc etc...all under the banner of Thainess where greed and nationalism thrives.

Farang only good for 1 thing......

So I guess you never remained in such a horrid place, where did you end up ?

Update

The service man finally called back at 4.00pm and the internet was working. Full disclosure I know little about computers but am learning day by day. The first two lights on my Huawei router are solidly lit up. The last 2 lights flicker constantly. The last light set further to the side by itself is solidly lit up. I do not know if this has any significance and anyone that can chime in with an answer for this go for it. Thanks for all the NICE replies

Edited by elgordo38

Update

The service man finally called back at 4.00pm and the internet was working. Full disclosure I know little about computers but am learning day by day. The first two lights on my Huawei router are solidly lit up. The last 2 lights flicker constantly. The last light set further to the side by itself is solidly lit up. I do not know if this has any significance and anyone that can chime in with an answer for this go for it. Thanks for all the NICE replies

Did you get a manual with your router ?

If so, I am sure there is a diagram that explains the functions of the LED's, if not, then Google Huawei with the model number and it will probably be online

Thais generally don't like servicing foreigners (outside of the sex industry) and they dont like telling their boss "something's not right here". The combination can be maddening.

Makes sense. I was surprised I received so many great answers no flames. We can play nice I guess.

Thais generally don't like servicing foreigners (outside of the sex industry) and they dont like telling their boss "something's not right here". The combination can be maddening.

While I would agree (to a point) with the second part of you statement, the first simply has not been my experience at all.

While I would agree (to a point) with the second part of you statement, the first simply has not been my experience at all.

Your lucky your leading a charmed life. Your day will come.

And you're (your?) apparently leading a miserable one.

While my life could well be charmed, I did not mean to infer I always get great, happy service from Thais.

That said, far and away, most of the bigots I meet are imported.

A friend asked me the other day, what is my worse fear in life? I said; that on one morning I might wake up and discover I’ve metamorphosize into a grumpy old elgordo38.

For all you misrable old groaners, is life really that bad? You could be back in your own countries now working your guts out until you`re 85 just to make ends meet, or in the UK at the moment with flood waters up to your necks and freezing your bullocks off. You lot don`t know when you`re well off.

It's not as bad as it sounds. The things I hear from Thais is they're shy or afraid to use their English. To me, what it amounts to is they're embarrassed about making a mistake. Why they would feel that way when they're being gracious enough to speak another language in their own country is beyond me. But it results in many conversations in a service environment here ending sooner than they normally would and the customer feeling unfulfilled.

And you're (your?) apparently leading a miserable one.

While my life could well be charmed, I did not mean to infer I always get great, happy service from Thais.

That said, far and away, most of the bigots I meet are imported.

No life is good except for the immigration disaster. I am awaiting my 90 mail turnaround and all these holidays are not helping although I started a day early. My comment was meant to be humorous. Flaming other members does little to get at the facts. Into everyone's life a little misery must fall from time to time its the law of averages. Yes a lot of big bigots are imported. They just check your bank balance and not your temperament at immigration when you enter. Cheers beers seasons greetings.

A friend asked me the other day, what is my worse fear in life? I said; that on one morning I might wake up and discover I’ve metamorphosize into a grumpy old elgordo38.

For all you misrable old groaners, is life really that bad? You could be back in your own countries now working your guts out until you`re 85 just to make ends meet, or in the UK at the moment with flood waters up to your necks and freezing your bullocks off. You lot don`t know when you`re well off.

thank goodness Bangkok never floods eh?

another irrelevant comment, but hey thats TV

thank goodness Bangkok never floods eh?

Warm flood-water beats cold.

another irrelevant comment, but hey thats TV

My comments are very relevant. Since being in Thailand I’ve been ripped off something rotten. If I get estimates for a service, garden, electrical, building or anything to do with the house 90% of the time I get quoted way over and above the prices what a Thai would pay, same with other local services motorbike mechanics, at the markets and on occasions been told I’m a Falang and going to pay more, take it or leave it. If not careful my cost of living could be at least 50% or more higher then the Thais just by being expected to pay more and over charging. Then there is applying for a driving license renewal every 5 years, the dreaded immigration procedures, much more difficult for Falangs then Thais. I’m a wiley old sod not fooled easily but it’s often a battle of wits with the Thais that make me feel fed up at times.

But I’m here now and doubt it’s ever going the change and except the only other alternative of packing my bags and clearing off, what’s the point of complaining all the time? I want to be happy in Thailand while I’m here, because there are more positives then negatives and I’m not doing too badly thank you.