Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Tywais

Hi Everyone,

Looks like I have a problem from reading Forum.

My wife and I have Retirement Visa -  I thought that the TM30 was a one off if same address - so  we arrived back here December to same address as always - having been out of the country - we entered our Passport Nos at reception where they are duly collected each day by immigration.

Thought it was for Landlord to do the reporting etc - so  have the Original TM30 still pinned in Passports.

Are we in for the 1600 Baht fine or do we get thrown out??

Best Rgds.

4 hours ago, factseeker said:

Are we in for the 1600 Baht fine or do we get thrown out??

"Getting thrown out" isn't an issue....don't worry about that.

You've said an original TM30 has been filed for your residential address; if so, currently you're required to "update" your TM30 Notice of Receipt every time that you re-enter the country.  You ought to ask your condo desk if they did that for you online when you returned in December (if so, ask them if you can get a copy of something showing they did that; if not, then you might or might not face the fine the next time you need to extend at Immigration or use some other service there).  

Updating (currently applicable if re-entering the country and returning to the same address for which a TM30 is filed for you) is an easy process.  Just show up with your passports at Promenada (upstairs, I believe) or go to Building #3 at the old immigration site near the airport.  Legally, you're required to do that within 24 hours after returning but Immigration Officers have told me (and others) that doing it within 4-5 days is adequate).  Again, if your condo office updated for you when you returned, you have nothing at all to worry about (but I'd recommend you try to get a copy of something showing they did that and keep that with your passports). 

Our condo does a "print screen" of the info they input whenever they input the TM30 data after we return from an out-of-country trip.  I keep that paper in my passport and submitted a copy when I did my annual retirement extension a few weeks ago.  The college intern who checked the documents I submitted carefully used a highlighter on that document to show my name among the list of the people the condo submitted on the same day, in their "print screen".  So yes, Imm. definitely wants to see proof that your condo is inputting the TM30.

On 2/5/2018 at 6:21 PM, CMBob said:

"Getting thrown out" isn't an issue....don't worry about that.

You've said an original TM30 has been filed for your residential address; if so, currently you're required to "update" your TM30 Notice of Receipt every time that you re-enter the country.  You ought to ask your condo desk if they did that for you online when you returned in December (if so, ask them if you can get a copy of something showing they did that; if not, then you might or might not face the fine the next time you need to extend at Immigration or use some other service there).  

Updating (currently applicable if re-entering the country and returning to the same address for which a TM30 is filed for you) is an easy process.  Just show up with your passports at Promenada (upstairs, I believe) or go to Building #3 at the old immigration site near the airport.  Legally, you're required to do that within 24 hours after returning but Immigration Officers have told me (and others) that doing it within 4-5 days is adequate).  Again, if your condo office updated for you when you returned, you have nothing at all to worry about (but I'd recommend you try to get a copy of something showing they did that and keep that with your passports). 

Hi CMBob,

At the moment we arrived we ensured we filled in a sheet that they have with Name - PP No - how we arrived etc etc.

Apparently the sheet is picked up every evening at circa 5pm by a couple of police chaps on a motorbike.

We always stay here same place - same address etc - in fact same room.

Reception say no problems at all and have given me a card with their name and No - so I am presuming all will be well?

Thxs for your time at response - I must be getting 'Promenada' nerves as renewal time is coming up.

Best Rgds.

On 2/5/2018 at 10:33 PM, NancyL said:

Our condo does a "print screen" of the info they input whenever they input the TM30 data after we return from an out-of-country trip.  I keep that paper in my passport and submitted a copy when I did my annual retirement extension a few weeks ago.  The college intern who checked the documents I submitted carefully used a highlighter on that document to show my name among the list of the people the condo submitted on the same day, in their "print screen".  So yes, Imm. definitely wants to see proof that your condo is inputting the TM30.

Hi Nancy,

Thnxs for response please see mine to CMBob - I think we will be Ok - the local 'gendarmes' pick up a listing every night - quite a reasonable bunch of folk each day - although as we are always here for 4 months min - we entered just the once on arrival.

Only thing is there seems to be no receipt of any sort - reception just gave me a card with their name and number in event of aggro - said not to worry - but they would say that. ;o))

While in touch just to say once more as I have in the past that it was your personal input/advice that helped us get our very first Retirement Visa thing set up - we have never regretted - love the place 'warts and all'.

Hoping you are well fit and healthy.

Very Best Rgds.

Factseeker.

Factseeker, see Nancy's post above....guess they will do the "print screen" deal to give you a copy that they updated the TM30.

However, it seems (only guessing based on what you've described) that your condo desk is doing a new TM30 for you each time you come back.  Normally that's done online by the various condo's, hotels, and guesthouses (well, normally except when the online system is not working which happened for an extended time period not all that long ago).....so it seems weird to me that cops (likely Immigration cops) physically pick up their filings.  But it sounds like you're okay and likely won't run into a problem at extension time.  As they say....chok dee krap!

17 hours ago, CMBob said:

Factseeker, see Nancy's post above....guess they will do the "print screen" deal to give you a copy that they updated the TM30.

However, it seems (only guessing based on what you've described) that your condo desk is doing a new TM30 for you each time you come back.  Normally that's done online by the various condo's, hotels, and guesthouses (well, normally except when the online system is not working which happened for an extended time period not all that long ago).....so it seems weird to me that cops (likely Immigration cops) physically pick up their filings.  But it sounds like you're okay and likely won't run into a problem at extension time.  As they say....chok dee krap!

It's my understanding that some guesthouses/condos available themselves of the services of their local friendly street cop who picks up a hardcopy of the report a lodging facility uses to report new or returning lodgers and that cop turns in the report to Imm.  The front office of the guesthouse/condo should be keeping some sort of record themselves of what they've turned in.  That can copied and used as some sort of receipt.

A couple years ago a foreigner was found by a one of these local friendly street cops unconscious in the old city due to a medical problem and taken to Suan Dok hospital.  The man had no identification and remained in a coma or near coma for many days, unable to communicate.  The cop took a photo of him in the hospital and went to all the lodging places in the area where the man had been found he talked with them about any guests who had failed to return to their rooms and also looked at the passport photocopies they had on file and after about six or seven stops, the cop was able to identify the man in the hospital.  The hospital contacted his Consulate and the man's family was notified. So, there is some value to the rule about hotels/condos/guesthouses having to make copies of passports of their guests!

• Like 2

Went for my retirement extension Wednesday 7th Feb. Arrived about 6.30 am and was number 23 in the queue for single applicants. Married couples got seen elsewhere nowadays. Had a long chat with a Canadian and an American while waiting for the office to open. By 8 am four more people had arrived in the queue. At opening time three girls came, casually looked through passports and gave out tickets. I was told to come back at 2 pm.

I went home had breakfast, a shower, and tidied up the place. By 1.45 pm I was back in waiting area, and the electronic screen showed number 18. In about 15 minutes 2 more were called to the desk, and a further two took their place. I was next in line and hoped to clear by 2.30 p.m. 

But no. The one immigration officer accompanied by three girls seemed to have a documentation problem with both 21 and 22. This necessitated calling over a troubleshooter guy  to help resolve the issues. Nothing happened while this was being sorted out and twenty minutes passed. 

2.30 pm came and went. The IO was catching up on paperwork and writing out receipt slips. A few waiting for their passports collected them, photographs were being taken and at 2.50 pm I was called to the desk.

One of the girls took a lifetime going through my passport front to back and back to front again. I was told to get a copy of one entry I had missed plus a copy of my 90 day report. Seems like they're getting stricter, but no issue with me. The photocopier shop was full, and it took me another 5/6 minutes to get back to the desk. 

Then I sat there while one girl highlighted everything then passed my file to the IO. After another wait, then a photo taken by another guy, and I was told to go to a seat and wait. Must have been ten minutes or so before I got my extension in my passport. Out by 3.30 pm - a nine hour turnaround. 

One IO, less than 30 wanting an extension, but still a lengthy process for me. At least no Visa agent fee. 

• Like 1

I did my 90 day report yesterday 14 Feb. I arrived about 15:00 completed the form whilst sat across from the 90 day desk. Handed it in and was all done within 2 mins. Nobody else there before or after me. I have never been dealt with so fast. Staff also wished me happy valentines day. I left feeling a bit bewildered.

4 hours ago, stephenterry said:

Then I sat there while one girl highlighted everything then passed my file to the IO. After another wait, then a photo taken by another guy, and I was told to go to a seat and wait. Must have been ten minutes or so before I got my extension in my passport. Out by 3.30 pm - a nine hour turnaround. 

One IO, less than 30 wanting an extension, but still a lengthy process for me. At least no Visa agent fee. 

Wow, a lot more hassle than I've experienced. the last two years My last time around I also got there at 6:30, number 11, and done by 10Am. Year before same time, number 3 and done about 9:30. But the year before that I came about 8AM and was turned away, came back at midnight, sat all night, wasn't done until about 3:30PM. But I see no reason for your long wait. BTW, is the new Immigration building near the airport to be in operation by end of this year?Anybody have an answer for that?

On 2/15/2018 at 5:03 PM, JimGant said:

Did they ask for your TM30? How about proof of residency? Was the "one entry I had missed" something the rest of us might overlook too?

The TM30 "stub" is supposed to be stapled into your passport and a TM47 receipt (90 day notification) is also supposed to be stapled in towards the end of the passport. Then you're supposed to have a photocopy of your passport with those items unfolded so they can be seen. Now, only certain pages are required, but I'd rather have them pull those out than risk missing a page, so I copy the whole thing, never had any complaints or questions. I also mail the 90 day report, TM47, and when the receipt comes back I take the old one out, fold the new one and staple it in AFTER scanning a copy into the computer. I keep a PDF copy of all the pages of my passport, inserting and/or replacing ones that need updating from time to time, such as re entry permits, visa extensions, new TM47 or TM30 receipts, then print that out for mailing at the deadline. If I didn't have a computer, of course, I'd have to visit a copy shop nearby and make the copies that way. If anybody has a computer, though, you might find it easier to use a scanner/printer and a PDF file. There is also a fillable TM47 in PDF format for that purpose, so you don't have to fill it out every time, just sign the printout. 

I was at Immigration this afternoon to get a re-entry permit and the place was very, very quiet.  Looked like Officer Nicky just processed 10 retirement extensions for the day.  You probably could have waltzed in there at 1.30 pm and still received a queue ticket for a retirement extension.  He actually came into the waiting area, sat next to me and chit-chatted while I was waiting to be called for processing my re-entry permit.  

The TM30 "stub" is supposed to be stapled into your passport and a TM47 receipt (90 day notification) is also supposed to be stapled in towards the end of the passport. Then you're supposed to have a photocopy of your passport with those items unfolded so they can be seen.

First I've heard of that......

I also mail the 90 day report, TM47, and when the receipt comes back I take the old one out,

When I've done the TM47 by mail, I've been told to include the existing TM47 receipt in the package.....

On 2/15/2018 at 5:03 PM, JimGant said:

Did they ask for your TM30? How about proof of residency? Was the "one entry I had missed" something the rest of us might overlook too?

I have a yellow book to prove residency. The one entry I missed was way back in 2011 when I crossed into Thailand from Malaysia - seems like I should copy every darned stamp that has anything to do with entry into Thailand and/or extension stamps. And I have to do this every year for my retirement extension. God knows what they do with all the paperwork... 

On 2/16/2018 at 7:29 PM, JimGant said:

First I've heard of that......

When I've done the TM47 by mail, I've been told to include the existing TM47 receipt in the package.....

When you go in person, that's what they do with the new TM47 after tossing the old one. A photocopy of that page with the old notification unfolded has always been acceptable, but then you might be following directions a bit closer than some of us. The directions I used to see seem to be gone now along with the Chiang Mai Immigration web page so I can't reference that, while the newer Immigration web page supports your understanding.  I'll have to do it your way from now on to be on the safe side.  http://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/90-day-reporting-immigration.php

Nancy or Others,

I was advised to check to see if immigration moved their retirement extension process from promo to airport.

I am planning to process my retirement extension next week 2/26 and thought if you all knew their relocation plans. I know at least as of last friday 2/16 they are processing retirement extension at promo per nancyl

thanks for your replies 

1 hour ago, Alotoftravel said:

Nancy or Others,

I was advised to check to see if immigration moved their retirement extension process from promo to airport.

I am planning to process my retirement extension next week 2/26 and thought if you all knew their relocation plans. I know at least as of last friday 2/16 they are processing retirement extension at promo per nancyl

thanks for your replies 

Promenada

1 hour ago, Alotoftravel said:

Nancy or Others,

According to the Big Boss of Building 3 at the old immigration site near the airport, the new building will be open for business in August of this year (2018); until then, extensions based on retirement and most other things can only be done at the Promenada office.

Building 3  (Investigations office) at the old site is still open for business...at least for updating a TM30 (and probably other things of which I'm unaware).

• Like 1

I see the "Nancy Appreciation Society" are in full swing again.
I assume the rest of us Plebs are included in "others".
Is there going to be a statue to her outside the new building? (so some of us can throw rocks or less solid matter)

Brilliant
[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, scottiejohn said:

I see the "Nancy Appreciation Society" are in full swing again.

I assume the rest of us Plebs are included in "others".

Is there going to be a statue to her outside the new building? (so some of us can throw rocks or less solid matter)

E/S will leave it to the  local  birds (the feathered variety) to drop my business  :smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1