Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Tywais

9 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

So it looks like you will have to park your vehicle at Robinson's or the Airport and walk 

to the Immigration offices,as I am sure there will be even less parking than before,

judging from what i seen the other day.

regards Worgeordie

Why not park across the street at the gas station and pay the 20 THB, that's what I had been doing...

Just now, dingdongrb said:

Why not park across the street at the gas station and pay the 20 THB, that's what I had been doing...

Yes that's another option,if still available when the building work is finished,

regards Worgeordie

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

The empty (well nothing much seems to happen there) space,is also a Government

dept,Weather or Radio communication,but that is some managers fiefdom,and they

would not want to give any of it up,even if it would be common sense,would take an

order from an Official from Bangkok to do that.

So it looks like you will have to park your vehicle at Robinson's or the Airport and walk 

to the Immigration offices,as I am sure there will be even less parking than before,

judging from what i seen the other day.

regards Worgeordie

For a while years back, you could park in there and then they closed the gate for no apparent reason. The service station opposite will benefit but only so many will find a spot there.

The people who use public transport have no problem.  The people who ride bikes or motorcycles have no problem.   The walkers and joggers have no problem.  It is only some of the wealthy who have 4 wheeled vehicles that have a problem they seem to be having difficulty figuring out.  Such suffering.

1 hour ago, Dante99 said:

The people who use public transport have no problem.  The people who ride bikes or motorcycles have no problem.   The walkers and joggers have no problem.  It is only some of the wealthy who have 4 wheeled vehicles that have a problem they seem to be having difficulty figuring out.  Such suffering.

Park at Airport Central Plaza and walk (exercise) over to the imm....:clap2:

1 hour ago, Dante99 said:

Better sell my truck and buy a bike,it's a bit far to walk for me,i would be knackered

by the time I got there,and I cannot ride a motorbike,so i am still trying to work  it out.

how do you manage to get there Dante, public transport?

regards Worgeordie

90 Day Report Today.  Arrived at 1120 and done by 1140.  I had planned on being to told come back at 100PM but the girl at check in said go in.  The same friendly lady I/O who did my last report did this one.  As usual she was friendly, courteous and prompt.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Better sell my truck and buy a bike,it's a bit far to walk for me,i would be knackered

by the time I got there,and I cannot ride a motorbike,so i am still trying to work  it out.

regards Worgeordie

Seriously?  How to get from Point A to Point B within Muang Chiang Mai?

Red truck (song thaew), tuk-tuks and for the truly adventurous, cutting edge rule-benders there is Uber and Grabtaxi.  

Maybe one of those newfangled city buses plies that route also, but I have yet to meet anyone who has actually ridden on one.

7 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards Worgeordie

Since you have a truck, park it at Airport Plaza free then take a red songtaew from there to Immigration or put your bicycle in the truck and ride it 3 minutes from APP to Imm.

I have never had difficulty parking across the street from Imm, there are several choices.

4 hours ago, NancyL said:

Red truck (song thaew), tuk-tuks and for the truly adventurous, cutting edge rule-benders there is Uber and Grabtaxi.  

Maybe one of those newfangled city buses plies that route also, but I have yet to meet anyone who has actually ridden on one.

The problem is i am not in Chiang Mai city, I know how to get there,where to park,I was just having a little banter

with Dante,anyway by the time the building at Immigration is finish,they may  have included a multi story car park,

a McDonald's, and a few fancy offices for the Agents,.

regards worgeordie

Edited by worgeordie

18 hours ago, NancyL said:

Well, you have now. From highway 121 terminal in Moo Baan Kwan Wiang into town past Immigration, through airport, and a circular tour around the moat, down to Ping river market, up Thapae gate road, left turn into Chiang Klang road, leading back out to the Hang Dong road and back to its terminal. Cost 20 baht for any distance. Modern buses with seatbelts, runs every 45 minutes or so.

Edited by stephenterry
addition to text.

20 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

90 Day Report Today.  Arrived at 1120 and done by 1140.  I had planned on being to told come back at 100PM but the girl at check in said go in.  The same friendly lady I/O who did my last report did this one.  As usual she was friendly, courteous and prompt.  

Same for me on Tuesday, at 11.30 which was unusually quiet. Must have missed you by minutes. Ticket number 1065 and she was calling 1062. All completed within ten minutes. Had to complete a satisfaction report, which included the question "did any police officer ask for a bribe". Looks around. As if...

10 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Well, you have now. From highway 121 terminal in Moo Baan into town past Immigration, through airport, and a circular tour around the moat and Chiang Klang road, leading back out to the Hang Dong road and back to its terminal. Cost 20 baht for any distance. Modern buses with seatbelts, runs every 45 minutes or so.

Moo Baan Kwan Wiang

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, worgeordie said:

The problem is i am not in Chiang Mai city, I know how to get there,where to park,I was just having a little banter

with Dante,anyway by the time the building at Immigration is finish,they may  have included a multi story car park,

a McDonald's, and a few fancy offices for the Agents,.

regards worgeordie

Maybe a sky train service as well...

23 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Well, you have now. From highway 121 terminal in Moo Baan Kwan Wiang into town past Immigration, through airport, and a circular tour around the moat, down to Ping river market, up Thapae gate road, left turn into Chiang Klang road, leading back out to the Hang Dong road and back to its terminal. Cost 20 baht for any distance. Modern buses with seatbelts, runs every 45 minutes or so.

That bus service seems to be set up be intentionally to be of almost no use to anybody. 

No set times. Wait up to 45 mins before one shows up. Who is willing to do that? If they do they will only do it once and then never consider using it again. 

20 baht fare is no good for joe average to go 1 or 2 km through the city( after they have waited forever for it to show up). Bangkok buses are much cheaper. 

The buses are too small which is not a problem at the moment because the service is almost unusable but if the service was run correctly the buses would fill up very quickly and be crowded.

I have never seen anybody using these buses and i have passed them many times all over the city. Always empty! 

The city is in desperate need of proper useful bus service. Its 20th century technology and much easier and cheaper to set up than a skytrain or subway system.

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 11:39 AM, Greenside said:

One thing I forgot to mention.  The map showing where you live now has to be on a form rather than just plain paper as before.  The photocopy shop next door is set up for doing this from your original, but forewarned is forearmed, as they say.

Can you elaborate ore on the form? What do you mean by this? If I print a map and line it out? Before I just drew it.

I mailed 90 day report on Sept.4 ( ems both ways ) was received Sept.5 but has not yet been returned. My 90 day is due today. I am not sure of the time limits can someone please tell me if I have 15 days after the due day to file the 90 day report? Should I just wait further for the new notice to return in the mail or should I go to Promanada today in person to file a new request?

10 minutes ago, cnxgary said:

I mailed 90 day report on Sept.4 ( ems both ways ) was received Sept.5 but has not yet been returned. My 90 day is due today. I am not sure of the time limits can someone please tell me if I have 15 days after the due day to file the 90 day report? Should I just wait further for the new notice to return in the mail or should I go to Promanada today in person to file a new request?

Call them

Just returned from Prom. to deal with 90 day report that has not yet arrived back to me. I sent on the 4th arrived on the 5th. The officer in room 5 checked the ledger and showed me it was processed on the 14th why the delay T.I.T? She said to not worry it should arrive by ems this week. So all of you guys with your recent posts re. delay just wait a few more days.

48 minutes ago, cnxgary said:

Just returned from Prom. to deal with 90 day report that has not yet arrived back to me. I sent on the 4th arrived on the 5th. The officer in room 5 checked the ledger and showed me it was processed on the 14th why the delay T.I.T? She said to not worry it should arrive by ems this week. So all of you guys with your recent posts re. delay just wait a few more days.

Turnaround time varies. I believe they have said in the past allow up to one month to receive receipt of notification, easy to check receipt at immigration if you have  EMS/registered in.

BTW you would have got the same answer and info if you had called them. 1507622.GIF

My 90 day sent registered Monday  last week,  back in 4 working days with only a 3 b stamp on the envelope.Thats the average time I have found.

I still mail to the old 71 Sanambin Moo 3 address and thats the address they send it back from,well thats what is stamped on the envelope

On 9/18/2017 at 5:29 PM, Sparkles said:

My 90 day sent registered Monday  last week,  back in 4 working days with only a 3 b stamp on the envelope.Thats the average time I have found.

I still mail to the old 71 Sanambin Moo 3 address and thats the address they send it back from,well thats what is stamped on the envelope

I've had no trouble, but the address I send to is Immigration Office, 71 Moo 3, Tambon Suthep, CM, 50200. Maybe I somehow spaced out the Sanambin, but it's always worked. I just sent mine in Sat 17th, so hope there's no problem. Good to know that it might take longer than usual, but it would have been nice if the Mr. Thailand had tacked on the right phone number. There's no reliable phone directory in Thailand it seems, numbers are always changing or not working. 

On 9/18/2017 at 5:03 PM, Thailand said:

Turnaround time varies. I believe they have said in the past allow up to one month to receive receipt of notification, easy to check receipt at immigration if you have  EMS/registered in.

BTW you would have got the same answer and info if you had called them. 1507622.GIF

Sure it's a working number? How about letting us know?

17 hours ago, cusanus said:

I've had no trouble, but the address I send to is Immigration Office, 71 Moo 3, Tambon Suthep, CM, 50200. Maybe I somehow spaced out the Sanambin, but it's always worked. I just sent mine in Sat 17th, so hope there's no problem. Good to know that it might take longer than usual, but it would have been nice if the Mr. Thailand had tacked on the right phone number. There's no reliable phone directory in Thailand it seems, numbers are always changing or not working. 

Sorry, I thought providing the link to Chiangmai Immigration website with all the contact info that is on the homepage etc would have been enough.

Last week, Wednesday, I did my 90 day report on-line. No problem except that it was not approved by the weekend. So, I deleted it and made it again on Sunday in the hope that it would be approved on Monday. But no approval on Monday, so I deleted it again on Tuesday and tried again. This time it rejected my application with the "go to your local office...." message.

So it seems that they only give you one deletion, before rejecting you application.

Went to Prom at 15:00 hrs on Tuesday. After reporting, and filling in the customer satisfaction questionnaire, and was out by 15:15 hrs.

They even have the number displays at each desk and the clear number announcements now...

5 hours ago, Thailand said:

Sorry, I thought providing the link to Chiangmai Immigration website with all the contact info that is on the homepage etc would have been enough.

Yeah, ok, but I see no link on your comments. It's no problem to find the website with the number, but I have about a 2% hit ratio calling numbers posted by Thai gov agencies. See, the thing is, I wasn't asking you for the link or the number, just you to verify that you had indeed called and had a hit.  Anybody can find the number and anyone can say call, but can you guarantee an answer?  That's the question, Einstein.

Edited by cusanus