A Facebook 'like' constitutes an act of conspiracy

webfact

"He said Thai people had been used to limitless freedom, which had caused society to become disorganised. Something had to be done to stop people from exercising their free will without enough consideration about others, he added."

Could he actually be referring to the polarization of Thai society as the silent majority started to find its voice and exercise its right to be heard? Well the cat is already out of the bag and among the pigeons.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except that their propensity for being dumb....could cost you your FREEDOM. Not something we want to test.

Up to a year in a hellish jail merely to wait for the opportunity to plead guilty. bah.gif

Looks like they(????) are trying to tell the world that they are dumber than the world already knows they are

attachicon.gifI m watching.png

but what do I know

He said Thai people had been used to limitless freedom, which had caused society to become disorganised. Something had to be done to stop people from exercising their free will without enough consideration about others, he added.

There you have it folks. This is the regime some of you begged for. Funny thing is I see lots of the ones that begged give these threads a wide berth and only post in red shirt related threads. Funny that.

I actually think they are going to try and block Facebook. Nations like China, North Korea and Vietnam got in there early. Facebook has immense popularity in Thailand and it scares these dinosaurs to death because they cannot control it.

It'll be hilarious to see the reaction when they try. I reckon some point next year they'll try it.

Yes, there are some who are really straining at the leash to ban it. I suspect others understand ( reluctantly maybe ) the implications of banning it.

If the banners have there way it might be what causes the wheels to fall off?

Personally I suspect it will be " temporarily suspended" in due course, as being "inappropriate for a nation in mourning. "

It'll be the straw that breaks the camels back. Even the BKK based high sos will turn on them if they can't post their selfies/pics of expensive products or food.

I even think when 'that' happens that Thais would be miffed at being unable to share grief and appreciation together online.

"The article also covers the import and distribution of obscene information."

This then should cover the crap being promulgated by the RTP in defense of their "perfect" investigation on the Koh Tao murders, the predetermined face saving guilty verdict for the two scapegoats and the subsequent nonsense emanating from the RTP glee club and Junta apologists.

The action is on par with cheering someone who has murdered a victim. People who publish such posts online should also consider that those comments might remain on the Internet for a long time.

Um, no its not at all. Firstly, people don't know that a statement is lese majeste at the time that they like it. Secondly, is it illegal to cheer a murderer? No matter how they dress it up, making a "like" have some legal meaning is absolute nonsense. It has no meaning at all. It conferes no support, no complicit meaning or otherwise.

In a nutshell, it is thought police.

Cheering on a murderer may be distasteful, but I'm sure it's not a crime.

I can see how, with current laws, sharing an LM post could be (actually is) spreading the LM, and thus a crime. Clicking "like" however is merely an expression of self that does not promote or spread the "offensive" post.

Thought police.

What is the difference between 'share' and 'like' on Facebook?

A and B are 'friends' on Facebook.

share:

A posts an LM message on Facebook(FB). If B 'shares' that message, it is transferred onto his timeline. All of B's FB friends, including those who are not FB friends with A, will see that message. Everyone, including those who are not FB friends with A, can 'share' or click 'like'. So 'sharing' does, as Seastallion says, "promote or spread the 'offensive' post."

like:

A posts an LM message on Facebook (FB). If B 'likes', rather than 'shares', that message, it is still transferred onto B's timeline. Those who are not FB friends with A do not have the facility to click 'like', but they can still read that post, and, if they choose, can 'share' it with their own FB friends.

So, those in authority could argue that clicking 'like' can also "promote or spread the 'offensive' post"; maybe not as widely as 'sharing', but it will still be beyond A's original circle of friends.

The Kingdom's current socio-political situation is abnormal and stringent law enforcement in society is needed to keep the country orderly and organised, Olarn added.

There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetuated under the shield of law and in the name of justice.

When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know, the end result is tyranny and oppression no matter how holy the motives.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

C. S. Lewis

+1 for the C. S. Lewis quote.

BUT do you really assume in this case, with this junta, that there are any well-meant, altruistic or benevolent motives? Really? See, I thought so, too.

"Returning happiness to the Thai people", my post-208463-0-03417300-1451273970_thumb., what a post-208463-0-03417300-1451273970_thumb.... Unfortunately, in Thailand most people have not the tiniest sense for sarcasm as this would be a very good example for it.

might as well do like China and block Facebook completely!

in this way the country can curry favour with china as well as preventing many "love murders" due to facebook too!

sad to know that this country is slowly moving towards the middle ages

"sad to know that this country is slowly moving towards the middle ages"

Sadly it never left them in the first place.

The Kingdom's current socio-political situation is abnormal and stringent law enforcement in society is needed to keep the country orderly and organised, Olarn added.

There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetuated under the shield of law and in the name of justice.

When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know, the end result is tyranny and oppression no matter how holy the motives.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

C. S. Lewis

Like this post at your own peril. LOL.

Really, does he not see what a comic figure he is? Is he really that detached from reality, being surrounded by sycophantic yes men? Or the correct guess is that perhaps he just does not care? Dictators tend not to care. My guess is that he will try to hold on until the bitter end, and will not give up his power with grace, nor with dignity.

The fact that no Thai has ever been nominated for a Nobel Prize, for anything, ever, should be of greater concern, that what an individual chooses to like or dislike on a social media platform.

Edited by TechnikaIII

Lets ask the Americans to bomb people ( army barracks ) who "like "taking over countries .

I am done with these insidious little people hunting down kids and denying the masses.

I sincerely hope this dictator in 2106 meets the same fate as Saddam .

Or ends up in a drain pipe like the other dictator .

The US should like Australia ban these people from their soil.

They make me sick.

Let them keep this stuff up.

But smash them with sanctions .

And eventually label them an axis of evil and punish them in more tangible terms .

Who the hell do they think they are.?

Hijackers is all they are.

Army thugs

Edited by Plutojames88

The fact that no Thai has ever been nominated for a Nobel Prize, for anything, ever, should be of greater concern, that what an individual chooses to like or dislike on a social media platform.

Well, if you are going to go down that rabbit hole, you have to include Pulitzer prizes for great writing, Peabody awards for great journalism, ULI awards for excellence in urban land planning, nor any nominations or wins for oscars, (though there is a lot of Thai talent in filmmaking, and some have been nominated on the film festival circuit), scientific achievement awards, humanitarian awards, environmental awards, awards for philanthropic achievements, etc, etc. It appears that the educational system is not really set up to promote, nor to encourage outstanding behavior or excellence.

like - dislike - agree - disagree four entirely different things

like could mean admiration for the poster having the balls to post such a thing but not necessarily agreeing with the content

Edited by smedly

I really LIKE this part - "Some may question the fact that even though many people click "like" or "share" on what are categorised as inappropriate posts, only a relatively few end up being prosecuted. Responding to this point, the superintendent admitted that the police have limited resources and they cannot arrest all wrongdoers in this context."

There could be an opportunity here for something resembling a Bangkok traffic gridlock if a high percentage of people would really express themselves.

"He said Thai people had been used to limitless freedom, which had caused society to become disorganised. Something had to be done to stop people from exercising their free will without enough consideration about others, he added."

These two sentences sum this whole thing up for me. No need to say anything more.

Sounds really like an sentence extracted from a book we are not allowed to read..

Big brother is really sorting it all out piece by piece.... blink.png

" Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.
Fillet of a fenny snake,
In the cauldron boil and bake;
Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg, and owlet's wing,—
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.
Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble."

The subject of censorship, official monitoring etc came up for discussion at my local recently and apart from the obvious views expressed there was a valid point about the English language ability of those who are likely to do the monitoring.

On the forum there's lots of humour, throwaway lines, sarcasim, tongue in cheek remarks etc and will these be recognised by any Thai checking or will he / she just take the English as it reads without the nuances which is highly dangerous for the poster.

I can't imagine it would be easy to explain a comment was simply a joke and in any case isn't that excuse the sole preserve of the PM ?