Forum upgrade in progress! ×

A Facebook 'like' constitutes an act of conspiracy

webfact

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK to jump over the government using this may I suggest to add along with "like","dislike" another "hummm".Then ifyou think that your government want to prosecute you for a "like" check then just check "humm"..It could be you are still mulling the report over,but we would know otherwise..DJ.

"seen as supporting dissent"??? Who decides if it's dissent? Is speaking out against anything the fearless leader says "dissent"? Having a different opinion "dissent"? The same as "cheering a murderer"? Those animals in Afghanistan feel it's their duty to murder and cheer on when murdering a young woman by stoning for no real reason, so yeah, down with that sort of cheering but... really? Why don't they just ban facebook etc just like Korea and China...

Their have been hundreds of supporters on TV when the General took over the country, suspended the constitution, issued themself amnesty among the coup makers and I don't hear much of them any more.

Thailand is going down the toilet and I gave the country another year before things will get out of control.

Their have been hundreds of supporters on TV when the General took over the country, suspended the constitution, issued themself amnesty among the coup makers and I don't hear much of them any more.

Thailand is going down the toilet and I gave the country another year before things will get out of control.

"another year" Really? You think it will take that long?

Quote : Some may question the fact that even though many people click "like" or "share" on what are categorised as inappropriate posts, only a relatively few end up being prosecuted. Responding to this point, the superintendent admitted that the police have limited resources and they cannot arrest all wrongdoers in this context.

They cannot arrest all wrongdoers ... Can't they ? In the human history of horror, quite a few 'authorities' tried to do just that : Roman emperors persecuting Christians, Christians inquisitors burning and torturing everyone suspected of not being a good Christian, Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pinochet, Franco ... the list is a long one.

When you "Like " something on FB it means you are agree and support it

moreover your friend show it in their page.

Currently in France some people how "like" some comment from terrorist organisation have been prosecute by justice

Here is Than, the good boy. Fetch, Than, fetch.

By the way, nobody is getting prosecuted in France for Facebook likes. Maybe "investigated" is the word you are looking for.

The Kingdom's current socio-political situation is abnormal and stringent law enforcement in society is needed to keep the country orderly and organised, Olarn added.

There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetuated under the shield of law and in the name of justice.

When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know, the end result is tyranny and oppression no matter how holy the motives.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

C. S. Lewis

+1 for the C. S. Lewis quote.

BUT do you really assume in this case, with this junta, that there are any well-meant, altruistic or benevolent motives? Really? See, I thought so, too.

"Returning happiness to the Thai people", my attachicon.gifcensorship_small_25.png, what a attachicon.gifcensorship_small_25.png... Unfortunately, in Thailand most people have not the tiniest sense for sarcasm as this would be a very good example for it.

Not "motives" so much as excuses. We acted to protect our interests and those of our influential friends, the chaos on the streets gave us the opportunity to do so and claim the moral high ground for our actions.

Can't really see them arresting the entire country. How many people like how many posts per day? How many offences would they commit each day especially when they are on their phones/computers hours on end. Impossible to keep control of unless they block Facebook entirely.

like - dislike - agree - disagree four entirely different things

like could mean admiration for the poster having the balls to post such a thing but not necessarily agreeing with the content

Or it can simply mean you like something that is contrary to what I stand for, and therefore you dislike me. I do not like it when people dislike me. It makes me feel really bad. Sad, and bewildered. Why wouldn't everybody like me? What did I do wrong? You would like me more if you knew about Thai history. You have to understand the people, and then you will like me. And if you do not like me, I will lock you up. That is a crime to not like me.

Of course intelligent people will understand this has absolutely nothing to do with a conspiracy, or national security. Not one iota. But, it seemed so convenient to use that law, so I figured what the hell. Why not?

Do I sound like a dictator yet?

Currently in France some people how "like" some comment from terrorist organisation have been prosecute by justice

You are making the same mistake rubl is by trying to compare this.

I bet lots of French and other people are criticizing the French security forces for the Paris Attacks and their subsequent bombing of Syria. Are they arresting anyone on social media for criticizing their actions?

One is chalk, the other is cheese, you cannot compare it.

"Democracy will never die from Thailand because I am a democratic soldier but I stay in power because I want democracy to survive” - General Prayuth Chan-O-Cha

I heard above similar sentences in communist country spread by all media every day. If you disagree, you are not with us. If you are not with us, you are against us. If you are against us, you will be severely punished. End of story and sometimes of somebody's life too. Viva democratic freedom in a society run by the dictatorship! Is this new world order?

I bet lots of French and other people are criticizing the French security forces for the Paris Attacks and their subsequent bombing of Syria. Are they arresting anyone on social media for criticizing their actions?

http://rue89.nouvelobs.com/2015/01/23/apologie-terrorisme-leurs-amis-facebook-ont-prevenu-police-257229

http://www.ladepeche.fr/article/2015/11/21/2222027-condamne-pour-apologie-du-terrorisme-sur-internet.html

http://www.lexpress.fr/actualite/societe/la-repression-de-l-apologie-du-terrorisme-se-durcit_1640337.html

I think that a lot of people are getting too hysterical about this. I recently watched the series ''In the shadow of the tower'' on youtube about the struggles for power in the court of Henry VII. Not unlike what is going on today in Thailand. Prayut usurped the throne and is trying to change the form of government,like Henry VII he has his rivals and their supporters waiting in the wings to strike. We only have a small glimpse of what is happening in the court of Prayut.

I assume that Prayut is sincere and will return the country to democracy,such as it was, and that he is trying to change things to ensure stability after he passes on the crown. He wont succeed in all of his endevours, the rampant corruption in this country is too well seated but he may succeed in changing some things for the better which will survive him. Given the conspiracies in his court it isn't surprising that he lashes out in frustration. Henry VII was a far more cleverer diplomat than Prayut and could also afford to be brutal when necessary.

For those who think he will hold on to power i ask you to consider that not only would the international community not tolerate this but also his own loyal courtiers would revolt. He would be destroying the basis of wealth upon which the Hi-so's rely, far from increasing exports they would plummet due to sanctions etc. and then the worm would turn. Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown.

http://rue89.nouvelobs.com/2015/01/23/apologie-terrorisme-leurs-amis-facebook-ont-prevenu-police-257229

http://www.ladepeche.fr/article/2015/11/21/2222027-condamne-pour-apologie-du-terrorisme-sur-internet.html

http://www.lexpress.fr/actualite/societe/la-repression-de-l-apologie-du-terrorisme-se-durcit_1640337.html

In none of those cases was anyone sent to prison for simply clicking 'Like' on Facebook, nor were they charged for doing so. They were found guilty of uploading video content and making posts.

I ask you again: How many people in Europe are sent to prison for simply clicking 'Like'?

Rubl is not making any mistake: he is deliberately setting out to mislead and deflect.

Archived