Patong jet-ski collision Chinese couple safe, compensation ‘limited’

webfact

Patong jet-ski collision Chinese couple safe, compensation ‘limited’
Saroj Kueprasertkij

1451305717_1-org.jpg
The Chinese tourists will have to pay no more than B15,000 each in compensation, the head of the Patong Jet-Ski Association said today (Dec 28). Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- The Chinese couple injured in a jet-ski collision on Patong Bay yesterday remain recovering in hospital, but may leave within a week, The Phuket News was told today (Dec 28).

“Mr Zhao Peuie, 25, suffered a broken shoulder but has already had an operation for that,” confirmed a nurse at Phuket International Hospital.

“But Ms Su Han, 26, needed a lot of stitches as she suffered a big flesh wound on her left leg,” she added.

“If there is no unforeseen developments, I believe Mr Zhao can go home within a week, but Ms Su may take a bit longer because she has got a large flesh wound which we are concerned might get infected.”

Patong Police believe that the couple have settled the compensation privately with the jet-ski operator, as the case has not been reported to the police.

“After I heard the news, I waited for them until nightfall, but no one had shown up and reported anything at Patong Police Station,” Pol Lt Sirinart Chertchutrakulthong of the Kathu Police said today.

“I believe that they have already negotiated and agreed to the amount to be paid for damages by themselves. Usually, if people cannot reach an agreement, they will come to the police station to settle their dispute,” Lt Sirinart said.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/patong-jet-ski-collision-chinese-couple-safe-compensation-limited-55603.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-12-29

Clearly the Chinese were alert enough to deal with the Jetski operators that showed up in the hospital to "encourage" compensation...that the police could also have considered calling on them to see how they could assist, instead of waiting for them "until nightfall".

Considering one was recovering from surgery and the other probably cannot move because of her wound, it may have been a nice gesture.

I mean, how far is it from the Kathu Police station to the Phuket Hospital...100 meters?

<snip>

I mean, how far is it from the Kathu Police station to the Phuket Hospital...100 meters?

The Phuket hospital they are recovering at is Phuket International in Phuket town. Many Kilometers from Kathu police station.

Perhaps they started at Patong hospital, then transferred to Phuket international for more intense care.

Edited by LivinginKata

<snip>

The Phuket hospital they are recovering at is Phuket International in Phuket town. Many Kilometers from Kathu police station.

Perhaps they started at Patong hospital, then transferred to Phuket international for more intense care.

My bad.

That is a long walk.

Consider me schooled.

...welcome to Thailand....leave a lot lighter than when you came....

...foreigner guilty...foreigner pay...case closed....

"leave a lot lighter than when you came" - for those lucky enough to make it home.

Your comments are becoming darker by the day.

"leave a lot lighter than when you came" - for those lucky enough to make it home.

I'll soon be looking for a place on a higher floor, with a balcony. cheesy.gif

Seriously, look at the death and injury toll here lately. Not very impressive.

I'll soon be looking for a place on a higher floor, with a balcony. cheesy.gif

Seriously, look at the death and injury toll here lately. Not very impressive.

That's what I mean.

Jetski scammers have no interest whatsover in the mugs who rent their junk and the tourists are so naive to think any different. The same question has to be asked , "why can these hispeed water motorbikes be rented without insurance"?

Note the middle-finger sticker on the jet-ski in the photo. That's a good representation of the operators' attitudes towards their marks customers.

I had not noticed that at first glance photo. Yes, says it all tothose stupid enough to rent.

yes, I didn't realize too. Saying only idiots are renting here. And if so you are f...up.