Kathu officials hand out nasal inhalers to promote driving alertness in Phuket New Years traffic

webfact

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never heard of nasal inhaler promoting alertness.

Is there any medical support for this or is it just another official crackpot idea ?

Red bull should have joined in as well, so it's a no no to drive drunk at this time of year we will impound your vehicle, but we don't mind if your to tired to drive just stick this up your nose and go forth and fall asleep at the wheel.

biggrin.png

Jeez =- driving along with it stuck up your nose.... laugh.png

cheesy.gif This is dam dangerous when mixed in your thai whiskey. Tastes terrible. It will also look stupid when lying on a stretcher drunk with it halfway up to your brain. I thought thais used them for 'smelly' farangs! Seriously, it is yet another distraction; if drunk don't drive. 30 years fire/rescue/medicgigglem.gif

Never heard of nasal inhaler promoting alertness.

Is there any medical support for this or is it just another official crackpot idea ?

Probably a nice kickback from manufacturer.

Possibly a CIWB....crackpot idea with benefits? Benefits for the BiB, not the motorists.

There seems to be something Asians enjoy about having menthol inhalers stuck up their honkers.

I went to a Thai in a hospital just yesterday regarding a bronchial condition. He asked me if I used inhalers and I told him no. He warned my not to start using them as they can become addictive and in the longer term can have a detrimental effect.

I went to a Thai in a hospital just yesterday regarding a bronchial condition. He asked me if I used inhalers and I told him no. He warned my not to start using them as they can become addictive and in the longer term can have a detrimental effect.

I can vouch for nasal sprays being addictive, physically addictive. Long term use damages the delicate tissue in the nasal passage, and you find it hard to breathe, so use more thinking you're congested. It's a bitch getting off them.

I can imagine the inhalers having a similar effect.

Edited by F4UCorsair

Hmm. I think theres something that we dont know but they do. Having this up your nose does prevent you from drinking same time.

I would like to know if this was only given out to the drivers that passed the alco test?