pension transfer during public holiday

fortunately this time my pension falls on a date not affected by uk or thai bank holidays however during the year it does get caught up in the system for instance pension gets early payment to avoid uk holidays the cti banking transfer system stops work weekends and b/holidays

before i have experienced the normal transfer times ie 3 days plus up to 4 days when uk/thai holidays coincide presuming you have been receiving normally up to now you will just relax in the sunshine and wait

In the UK the payments are automated and are transferred as normal. My last state pension was due payment on Friday December 25th and is normally available on the Tuesday morning following. It turned up on time.

However, if in Thailand there is a public holiday on the Monday or Tuesday it gets delayed by the number of Thai public/bank holidays.

A quick warning for later in 2016. Ignore the Ides of March but beware of Songkran in April which officially is from Wednesday 13th April to Friday 15th plus the weekend. Any payments due in that period will be delayed until the following week.

http://www.officeholidays.com/countries/thailand/2016.php

http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/thailand/2016

Date Weekday Holiday name Holiday type Jan 1 Friday New Year's Day National holiday Jan 9 Saturday National Children's Day Observance Jan 16 Saturday Teachers' Day Observance Feb 8 Monday Chinese Lunar New Year's Day Observance Feb 9 Tuesday Second day of Chinese Lunar New Year Observance Feb 10 Wednesday Third day of Chinese Lunar New Year Observance Feb 14 Sunday Valentine's Day Observance Feb 22 Monday Makha Bucha National holiday Mar 20 Sunday March equinox Season Apr 6 Wednesday Chakri Day National holiday Apr 13 Wednesday Songkran National holiday Apr 14 Thursday Songkran National holiday Apr 15 Friday Songkran National holiday May 1 Sunday Labor Day National holiday May 2 Monday Labor Day observed National holiday May 5 Thursday Coronation Day National holiday May 6 Friday Coronation Day National holiday May 9 Monday Royal Ploughing Ceremony Day National holiday May 20 Friday Visakha Bucha National holiday Jun 20 Monday June Solstice Season Jul 1 Friday Mid Year Bank Holiday Bank holiday Jul 18 Monday Extra holiday National holiday Jul 19 Tuesday Asalha Bucha National holiday Aug 12 Friday The Queen's Birthday National holiday Aug 12 Friday Mother's Day National holiday Sep 22 Thursday September equinox Season Oct 23 Sunday Chulalongkorn Day National holiday Oct 24 Monday Chulalongkorn Day observed National holiday Dec 5 Monday The King's Birthday National holiday Dec 5 Monday Father's Day National holiday Dec 10 Saturday Constitution Day National holiday Dec 12 Monday Constitution Day observed National holiday Dec 21 Wednesday December Solstice Season Dec 24 Saturday Christmas Eve Observance Dec 25 Sunday Christmas Day Observance Dec 31 Saturday New Year's Eve National holiday

You will not get your transfer until Monday when the banks are open again. When there is a bank holiday no international transfers are processed.

-------------------------------

Correct.

For Bangkok Bank all international transfers are first processed through the main Bangkok Bank Headquarters on Silom Road in Bangkok.

That will be open Monday the 4th of January at 8 a.m. Bangkok time.

Your money is probably already there waiting.

It just takes someone to hit the enter key to accept the transfer and finish the process.

• 2 weeks later...

whistling.gifUpdate

Just an update about what happened to me.

My U.S. pension should have arrived on 4 January 2016.

However it was delayed to the main Bangkok Bank headquarters being very busy with incoming transfers coming into Thailand on 4 January (first day of business after the new years holiday)

Not a big problem as it showed up on the 5th of January. only one day late

just wanted to let others know that info.

My money was there on the 4th, the bank just didn't credit the funds to my account until the 5th.

No real problem.