What's so great about Chiang Mai?

banter68

Perhaps, those claiming Thai coffee is bitter, should try a small cup of coffee with the Bedouin in the deserts of Arabia, home of coffee. Wow, that's good, with some fresh dates (not those sticky things). And, I've been to Mocha, Yemen...

Was that when you were looking after Lawrence's camel?

:)

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps, those claiming Thai coffee is bitter, should try a small cup of coffee with the Bedouin in the deserts of Arabia, home of coffee. Wow, that's good, with some fresh dates (not those sticky things). And, I've been to Mocha, Yemen...

smile.png

Actually, I was doing a whisky run, buying booze smuggled across the Red Sea, & selling it in Sana'a whistling.gif

smile.png

Actually, I was doing a whisky run, buying booze smuggled across the Red Sea, & selling it in Sana'a whistling.gif

:o

This thread still running? Anyways, the biggest problem I see with Chiang Mai is too many darn people. Wasn't like this 10 years ago.

So to the undecideds out there--and to answer the OP's question--Chiang Mai isn't that great. DON'T COME!

This thread still running? Anyways, the biggest problem I see with Chiang Mai is too many darn people. Wasn't like this 10 years ago.

So to the undecideds out there--and to answer the OP's question--Chiang Mai isn't that great. DON'T COME!

Yes, there were slightly fewer people 10 years ago.

But more people and places to go now, making it BETTER. :thumbsup:

smile.png

ohmy.png

Life seems so much tamer nowadays, where everyone on their "gap year" or digital nomad existence is online & in touch with folks back home 24/7 coffee1.gif

smile.png

I prefer Arabic coffee. Green coffee beans not roasted with cardamom seeds added. No milk or sugar

^ LOL, yeah, that's a big part of my life too.

I actually wonder what I did before all the coffee shops.

well you certainly had me fooled. I thought you were an expert on the bar's.whistling.gif

There is a whole 'nother part of me that I hide from public view.

post-64232-0-82519000-1457574381_thumb.j

post-64232-0-65976300-1457574382_thumb.j

post-64232-0-34227600-1457574383_thumb.j

post-64232-0-49924800-1457574384_thumb.j

post-64232-0-58005100-1457574385_thumb.j

post-64232-0-59880400-1457574386_thumb.j

post-64232-0-68915400-1457574387_thumb.j

post-64232-0-54206000-1457574388_thumb.j

post-64232-0-69873100-1457574389_thumb.j

post-64232-0-90856500-1457574451_thumb.j

post-64232-0-07605800-1457574453_thumb.j

post-64232-0-97771700-1457574453_thumb.j

post-64232-0-17513700-1457574455_thumb.j

post-64232-0-07264700-1457574456_thumb.j

post-64232-0-55034200-1457575643_thumb.j

Anyway, some of my favorites include:

* Praw & Plean Greenhouse Cafe (Past Doi Kham temple in the hills)

* Mamia (On the river South of the Iron Bridge)

* Rice Life (In the fields near Sankamphaeng)

^ LOL, yeah, that's a big part of my life too.

I actually wonder what I did before all the coffee shops.

well you certainly had me fooled. I thought you were an expert on the bar's.whistling.gif

There is a whole 'nother part of me that I hide from public view.

Anyway, some of my favorites include:

* Praw & Plean Greenhouse Cafe (Past Doi Kham temple in the hills)

* Mamia (On the river South of the Iron Bridge)

* Rice Life (In the fields near Sankamphaeng)

Some of those shot would fit nicely in my Coffee Art Topic in the Photography Forum.

I had good coffee in Laos. Thai coffee is pretty raunch though and not worth the price,If I want a good strong cup I'll go to Starbucks otherwise I just drink instant; cheaper and tastes a bit better than what you get in the local coffee shops.

In starbucks have good strong coffe??blink.png

When i visit US what its first problem not easy find cofeeshop with good coffe.. only sturbaks.. not as in many Europe country...sad.png

I think when you visit US what its first problem is people understanding what you're on about

I do not have any problem with ..

biggrin.png

but coffe.. good. in sturbucks.. you make my daycheesy.gif

Ha Ha if poor and not have money for another place?biggrin.png

Yes, there were slightly fewer people 10 years ago.

But more people and places to go now, making it BETTER. thumbsup.gif

Actually, I agree with you but was too tired to point that out. Aside from more people, we now have more malls, movie theaters, foreign restaurants, golf courses, markets catering to nearly every need, modern hospitals, etc. The only thing that annoys me is the traffic, which is what more people brings you. I'm just a tad concerned that the infrastructure can't keep up with the development.

What the freak are you talking about?

why you are talking to a mirror?biggrin.png

why you are talking to a mirror?biggrin.png

Aaah, English is not your first language. Let me explain: I was being facetious, i.e., partially joking. I like Chiang Mai, but I don't like too many people. So I'm suggesting to those not already here, don't come. Because too many people can ruin paradise (check out Hawaii). Understand?

Archived