Yingluck flayed for dragging her feet

Jonathan Fairfield

Predictable lack of sympathy here for the poor patsy Yingluck, but she is only doing what every other rich influential Thai has always done - play the Thai legal system in order to avoid any serious consequences. Will she get aw? She could ask her ex-sister-in-law for advice. Or any other member of her family, perhaps. Oh wait....that's what got her into this mess.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when does the government have a say in the judicial process. This just confirms they are running the system for their own agenda because for a justice system to function correctly, it must be beyond any political interference.

And I'll add, for any person of authority to make such a comment would have him charged with contempt of court and publishing such comment, when a person is deemed innocent until proven guilty, would likely lead to any charges being dismissed.

In Thailand as in many countries , a person here charged with a crime is Guilty until they prove their innocence...

you are thinking like a Westerner.. "innocent until proven guilty" is not a Thailand law...! or even a Thai thought...

And when you think about it... its right..! Why have a judicial system..?"

Her government was a corrupt joke, now abusing the power she does not hold, and her brother is nowhere to be seen to help her out the dung HE CREATED.

B.S. The other govts did not better. It's just a game between big clans. Nothing else.

Her government was a corrupt joke, now abusing the power she does not hold, and her brother is nowhere to be seen to help her out the dung HE CREATED.

B.S. The other govts did not better. It's just a game between big clans. Nothing else.

Ok your in denial, If you wish to read again, the main point--BIG BROTHER got her into the dung, but he is not big enough NOW to get her out of it.-------This is NOT BS as you suggest... Lame dog sick pig saying----Quote "other governments did not better " OMG we have moved on from wooden wheels.

Just a point you made---if others did not do better---which ones lost near a Trillion baht in suspect dealings---RICE--Tablets-schools--Water management-floods--and so on, are you still in denial ?? are you still convinced they are all the same ??? This has been suggested losses over the PTP government. WE hopefully move on after the next elections as voters are more aware of what went on-----I SAID hopefully aware.----then it's up to them --THAI.

Since when does the government have a say in the judicial process. This just confirms they are running the system for their own agenda because for a justice system to function correctly, it must be beyond any political interference.

And I'll add, for any person of authority to make such a comment would have him charged with contempt of court and publishing such comment, when a person is deemed innocent until proven guilty, would likely lead to any charges being dismissed.

THE GOVERNMENT yesterday criticised former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

They are in a rush to find her guilty and move on to the next case. All the witnesses in the world will not save her bacon.

Seems to me there are 2 options for the Junta;

1. they can use their unlimited powers to railroad the decision the way they intend it to go or

2.they can reform the justice system

I guess it will be the easier and quicker of those two.

Number 2 is not an option on the table.

Predictable lack of sympathy here for the poor patsy Yingluck, but she is only doing what every other rich influential Thai has always done - play the Thai legal system in order to avoid any serious consequences. Will she get aw? She could ask her ex-sister-in-law for advice. Or any other member of her family, perhaps. Oh wait....that's what got her into this mess.

She could ask Suthep, he is the all time master .

S 44

The government can express it's amazement at the delaying tactics of Ms. Yingluck who requested to be given the opportunity in court to justify her scam.

If truly S44 Ms. Yingluck would be less 500 billion Baht already and wondering about it in jail.

So, the court has another list of witnesses. Interesting is

"many of the so-called witnesses did not cooperate with the fact-finding committee and it often took too long to get them to testify"

Again that suggests that the witnesses are not just rounded up to provide a statement now, but are allowed their own excuses for some delay (maybe pressing need to travel, grandmother just died, things like that)

"This is nothing but an attempt to drag out the case," he said, adding that the military-led regime was tired of her moves.

So what! Anyone of the people in power now would be doing the exact same thing if it were them up on these ridiculous charges. Who wouldn't be deeply concerned with a thoroughly biased government and court system as demonstration by all the red shirts put in jail and nary a yellow seeing a day of jail. She may have had bad judgement with this rice scheme, but that is all she can be accused of and that is not a jail-able offense. The junta is just looking to bury the red shirts and she is the only prime Thaksin symbol they can get at.

We've seen how far this government will go to get what they want in the recent Koh Tao murder case. Wouldn't you be afraid knowing there is no justice in Thailand these days?

Well thank you for confirming that these are only delaying tactics.wai.gif

BTW 'how far go to get what they want'? This is a court case which even Ms. Yingluck requested as it offers her the opportunity to give her justification of the RPPS and somehow losing 500 billion Baht on a 'self-financing' scam.

How does he know if new witnesses have information or not, until they are presented in court.

I guess from profession, position, and/or job at the time of the RPPS (2011-10-07 - 2014-05-23).

Of course also unlikely figures may have valuable information. Maybe the hostess of an entertainment venue where certain influentials figures were discussing the technical details of rice processing. Just a possible and maybe not even unlikely example?

Edited by rubl

Just a point you made---if others did not do better---which ones lost near a Trillion baht in suspect dealings---RICE--Tablets-schools--Water management-floods--and so on, are you still in denial ?? are you still convinced they are all the same ??? This has been suggested losses over the PTP government. WE hopefully move on after the next elections as voters are more aware of what went on-----I SAID hopefully aware.----then it's up to them --THAI.

Should be a doddle for the PAD in the next election then. Bet you wouldn't put money on it.

Thankfully the Thai people can see through the sort of blx you and your heroes spout.

It is her right by law to request more witnesses, if you don't allow said witnesses, she has an absolute case for appeal as they would be preventing her from making her case.

Even if it is a delay tactic, it's valid and within the rules of the law. At least until the junta changes the law to do whatever they want the law to do.

How does he know if new witnesses have information or not, until they are presented in court.

I guess from profession, position, and/or job at the time of the RPPS (2011-10-07 - 2014-05-23).

Of course also unlikely figures may have valuable information. Maybe the hostess of an entertainment venue where certain influentials figures were discussing the technical details of rice processing.

Which venue?

And here I was reading the headline as "God <deleted> finally, are prominent figures finally getting called out for not being able to walk properly and get criticized for that most obnoxious feet dragging epidemic?!" ....that was my true first thought, then just as I clicked the headline it kicked in that it 1000% wouldn't be about that...alas /sigh

I am a bit confused by numerous references to "court" in this thread. Is it about the court investigation for the court case, or about the government investigation in order to issue an administrative order to pay compensation?

It is her right by law to request more witnesses, if you don't allow said witnesses, she has an absolute case for appeal as they would be preventing her from making her case.

Even if it is a delay tactic, it's valid and within the rules of the law. At least until the junta changes the law to do whatever they want the law to do.

It's also valid that the 'extra witnesses' details and some idea of what they will say / present should be examined by the justice process:

- To be sure whether there is some extra relevant detail /evidence which has not been given / heard before.

- To be sure the new details that madam / her lawyers want to present if focused on the actual case and not just more and more people just standing up again and again saying 'but she's a nice lady'.

- To be sure that it's not just a delay tactic and nothing more.

There is a case to say that the justice process should be thorough in all cases, and there is also a case to say that all cases should proceed and be finalized without undue delays.

Should be a doddle for the PAD in the next election then. Bet you wouldn't put money on it.

Thankfully the Thai people can see through the sort of blx you and your heroes spout.

Why do you people always claim anyone against Pheu-Thai supports PAD or the Junta ?. In your simple world, does it make it easy for you to dismiss what they say as the same kind of nonsense you use yourself to attack any opposition ?.

Here's some news for you. I doubt many farang actually support PAD or the Junta. They are just anti-Pheu-Thai and red-shirt because they are by far and away the most corrupt and ethically barren set of people we have ever discovered in this world. I have never in my life come across people who will lie so easily and are absolutely shameless with their hypocrisy.

We are hoping reforms will lead to some kind of better class of politician who didn't enter politics simply to steal whatever he could through corruption.

If the vote buying, intimidation of opposition and unsustainable populist policies are removed from the equation, the next election is going to be very interesting. Thaksin has shot himself in the foot several times since the last one and the more intelligent red-shirts have realised he doesn't give a dam about them. The amnesty bill and subsequent murder of 30 innocent protesters showed his true colours. What did they poll in the most recent one which was cancelled ? - only 30% without any opposition.

But of course I don't need to ask which way you will vote. Put your fingers back in your ears and keep saying "Bangkok Elite".