Documents required for extension based on Retirement

Tywais

Given how the changes in wind direction at Promenada seem to affect requirements, do they prefer / insist that the photo is stuck to the TM.47 form or do they like it separate? I'm conscious of turning up and finding my photo has the wrong shade of blue, easier to change if they stick the photos on once they confirm it's OK (as they do in Phuket). Not being sarcastic about this at all. I have blue background 4x6cm photos now. Whether it's the right blue I've no idea.

When I did my retirement extension two weeks ago, I turned up with a current 4 x 6 photo from an in-town photo shop with a medium blue background glued to the TM7 form. During the morning document inspection, the officer just checked to see that it was securely glued to the TM7 form. No close inspection of the shade of blue.

If the photo isn't right, you can get another one done at the copy/photo shop next to Imm. Prom. and fill out a new TM7 form.

Given how the changes in wind direction at Promenada seem to affect requirements, do they prefer / insist that the photo is stuck to the TM.47 form or do they like it separate? I'm conscious of turning up and finding my photo has the wrong shade of blue, easier to change if they stick the photos on once they confirm it's OK (as they do in Phuket). Not being sarcastic about this at all. I have blue background 4x6cm photos now. Whether it's the right blue I've no idea.

When I did my retirement extension two weeks ago, I turned up with a current 4 x 6 photo from an in-town photo shop with a medium blue background glued to the TM7 form. During the morning document inspection, the officer just checked to see that it was securely glued to the TM7 form. No close inspection of the shade of blue.

If the photo isn't right, you can get another one done at the copy/photo shop next to Imm. Prom. and fill out a new TM7 form.

The best way is to take four photos all with a different shade of blue background and a stick of glue. Ask which photo is preferred and glue it on. This avoids all delays and stress. If you are really uncertain you can take 8 different photos and two or three glues.

• 4 months later...

I have a question I'm hoping someone might be able to provide the correct answer to and hopefully their answer is based on experience and not 'because I think so'.

For the past 7 years I have always renewed my visa extension based on marriage to a Thai. I would like to get my extension renewed this year based on retirement instead, can this be done?

I can provide:

- I can show my original Business Visa from 7 years ago in my old passport

- I am over 50 yrs old (will be turning 56 next month)

- I can obtain an notarized affidavit from the US Consulate showing that my monthly income is $3k USD (~100k THB) as well as provide supporting documentation of that income if needed

I will provide required form (w/photo) and passport copies as needed.

So can I change my extension reason from marriage to retirement?

Also if I can I am wondering do I just need one copy of all or two as the marriage extension requires?

TIA for all replies,

dingdongrb

• 1 month later...

Don't know if anyone else has posted this, apologies if its a repeat.  There is anow a Foreign National Information Form that is being handed out, No T.M. Number.  You would have thought that the Visa form would have had all the information but this asks for  Social Media and places you visit.  Very intrusive.  Places I visit is the immigration office!

img099.jpg

img100.jpg

2. 4x6 cm photograph with medium blue background

No criticism of anyone intended, I read the topic through, decided that my spanking new photos with the white background might not be good enough. I went to another mall had new photos made with a blue background, deep blue. I'm going to immigration on Tuesday, if they find that the hue of the background is not to their liking will they hold my papers while I trudge off to several other malls seeking just the right shade, or will I have to return another day

I was told there is a place "upstair," but you are better off getting 12 or so for 100-120 at the plethora of different photo shops.  I noticed you need two for a re-entry permit.

Proof of address is only asked for, when you don't bring it....but I've even given them a 3BB bill while doing a 90,,,,they told me to make copy; I told them they could have original...brought Yellow Book for extension and they didn't even ask.  However, people whose TM28-30s are out of whack...are asking for pompom.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Shouldn't this be pinned? That it isn't may account for the lack of updates.

The list doesn't include proof of residence or that one has to update the bankbook on the day of application ( that is what I had to do ).

The old "catch 22", update your bankbook when your bank opens then get to immigration too late to use it. Bangkok bank updates the book, writes you a letter and freezes your account for 24 hours, all for 100 baht. Immigration has always accepted that from me, however now that they require 300 photos in different shades of blue they may have a whole new set of requirements. I thought we were all done with this years ago, take everything that you needed last year plus anything else you can think of and still short of something they just thought of. I take everything, yellow book, wife's I D,, bankbook copies plus actual books, bank letter, backup copies of my letter of income which I used to get the consulate letter of income, bank statements showing my pension check deposits in my foreign bank plus consulate letters of income for the last ten years. The forms are all filled out correctly with the appropriate amounts of money paper clipped to the form. I have NEVER had a problem with my paperwork, if I get turned away because of the color of the background of a photo that is clearly an accurate likeness of me, when they are going to take a digital photo of me anyway, I may go mad.

Okay, back from immigration, no problem with any of my documents. When I explained that I hadn't glued my photos to the forms because I wasn't sure which background was preferred, the officer selected the ones with the white background not the blue. I used a line stander but not an agent, was number 4 for extension. The first 3 were line standers for agents. They started processing at 09:00 I had my extension and re-entry by10:30. FYI, the stand ins for the agent told my stand in that they arrived at 22:30 the night before. Overall, not a bad experience, efficient and reasonably fast, no complaints from me.

Archived