Moto Gp

soihok

Do you think it is possible?

I think it would be tremendous.

I guess that with the current turn around of everything in Thailand it would be quite unlikely,but imagine if it were to happen?

I witnessed the Moto GP guys in action in Malaysia, this September ,almost made my ears bleed.

Would be brilliant but would have thought unlikely for the foreseeable future.

The Malaysian contract is for something like 5 -10 years - which is pretty much the time ahead that it is all planned out for.

Any idea who would sponsor it here - an dwho would build the track - difficult to compete because no-one will make any committment to it with another international level track so close by (i.e. Malaysia).

Tim

When's the next Malaysian MotoGP? Is it easy to attend, or is it for folks with Lear Jets?

Back end of the next season - Sep/Oct time normally. Its very easy to attend, when I went 2 years ago the ticket wasRM80 ( about 800 baht). Free seating in the grandstand. Watch the start then hop over to the other side and watch the rest of the race from the back stand - you can see about 1/2 the circuit from there.

Definitely NOT a lear jet crowd :o

Me too I would love to see th Moto GP take place in Thailand, but where would they hold it I ask my self.

When's the next Malaysian MotoGP? Is it easy to attend, or is it for folks with Lear Jets?

Its probably one of the best value money internatioinal sporting events, that is hosted in this part of the world, I went this year (I saw my hero Valentino Rossi win) and paid about 50 ringet (500 baht) to get in for the day. Great atmosphere, thrilling racing and everyone very friendly definitely not a lear jet crowd. I think the next one will be sometime next september.

I had one big complaint there were not enough big monitor screens at the track, in other words once the bikes had passed me I had no idea what was happening till they came round again.

Following was anounced in the news about a year ago:

"There has been an announcement that a new international motor racing circuit is to be constructed just outside of Pattaya.

At Pattaya City Hall a signing ceremony took place between the T.I.M.C. Company and Pattaya City Hall. The signing of this memorandum of understanding between the Mayor of Pattaya, Khun Niran, and Khun Gritgrai, the Managing Director of T.I.M.C., the Thailand International Motorsport Complex concerned the construction of a new racing circuit in Kow Mai Geow sub-district which is 20 minutes outside of Pattaya.

This circuit will differ to the one currently on Highway 36, the Bira International Circuit. This new circuit will be constructed to international standards and will include a car park for over 4,000 cars, there will also be a helipad which can accommodate 3 helicopters at one time and the complex will have a capacity of 60,000 including a 15,000 capacity covered stadium. The complex will be completed by the middle of next year and the circuit will hopefully attract high profile international competitions."

Not sure what happend or what the status on this project is.

Anyone who would like to try motor racing should go out to the old Bira circuit outside Pattaya. Taki Racing is running a racing school there, 1-3 days, using formula Renault cars. Awsome to do over 200km/h sitting just two inches over the track.

www.takiracing.com

There are other people organizing bike racing sessions there as well, with bikes for rent.

www.extremesportscafe.com/sm.html