Are well priced Pattaya resale condos selling now, or not?

Jingthing

I also went to Baan Plai Haad today.

The place is very nice. The sales lady showed me several units. All had ocean views on high floors. The one bedrooms were reduced from over 7 million to around 5 million. Two bedroom from 9 to 7 million. If you have all cash you can get them for less.

That doesnt seem to correlate with the prices I was given.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The place is very nice. The sales lady showed me several units. All had ocean views on high floors. The one bedrooms were reduced from over 7 million to around 5 million. Two bedroom from 9 to 7 million. If you have all cash you can get them for less.

That is why I posted. Because I got a different story. Important for this thread actually to point out the inconsistencies in what people are being told.

I think it's important to remember that when 2 different people visit a condo project, especially on different days, they might not be shown the same units depending on what they are looking for or ask to see. There's usually a big difference in price between low and high floors, views, and condo orientations so that could explain the variation in prices. When we visited the sale wasn't going on so what we were quoted then would be different, too. And that doesn't just apply to Baan Plai Haad. Usually sales staff are working with price sheets of what is still available. Sometimes you can catch an unannounced sale if you happen to visit when they are trying to make a sales quota--this is usually found more in the big companies like Lumpini, Sc Asset, and Sansiri.

Of course it isn't correlate with was given to you what you posted, because from the time I posted you already have tried to discredit my post as you consider yourself the expert here, but what was told to Bkk6060 is the same as what was told to me.

Could y'all start your own thread about Baan Plai Haad. It's annoying to see THIS thread hijacked in this way.

This thread isn't about YOUR condo only isn't it, otherwise you should have amended the thread title.

Are is my well priced Pattaya resale condos selling now, or not?

It is about RESALE condos only and perhaps I should have amended that to communicate not new ones bought by speculators to FLIP.

Actual lived in condos.

The kind of condos Thais call USED.

A detailed discussion to gossip about ONE PROJECT is definitely off topic ... is it so hard to start a new thread instead of hijacking others?

It's like this on so many threads here. People assume a thread is about EVERYTHING when it's actually about something much more NARROW.

Edited by Jingthing

Message to mods -- it's OK with me if this thread is CLOSED.

It's gone off the rails anyway even attracting nasty personal attack troll posts, and I think I've received my basic answer -- Bad time to sell a resale condo!

Edited by Jingthing

I think the answer to the original question is: It depends. You give yourself a better chance of selling if you bought wisely in the first place. By wisely I mean picking a good area, a good project, a good view, good public transportation close by, and in foreign name. If you have those things and don't price greedily, you should find a buyer. But, selling takes work. The buyers aren't going to find you. You need to find them by listing with all the agencies, posting your condo yourself on sites like Craigslist, Hipflat, DD Property, etc., possibly posting flyers at places like Big C Extra, Tesco, and so on. Your condo should always be in tip top shape, clean and neat, and NO CLUTTER. Less is more. It should always be ready for a buyer to see without too much notice. Buyers are always in the driver's seat no matter what the market and the seller always has to accommodate them and their whims. The process takes time--especially getting listed with the agencies,as there is no MLS.