Are well priced Pattaya resale condos selling now, or not?

Jingthing

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 + 14 = 36 lights on. Just count the windows with curtains, not the ones with paper. Although not the best gauge, it's a heck of a lot better than counting lights--that might work in a city with mostly full-time residents but does not work at all in a resort town with many absentees, part-timers, and weekenders. I do have an interest in real estate but I'm not a realtor and it's more of a hobby that I fell into in USA. My partner and I have lived in a number of Pattaya projects while we have gotten to know Pattaya and the different areas to live. Some we rented and some we owned while we searched for the best place to live that suited our needs--being full-time residents. (Renting is a great way to get to know a project and an area.) We enjoy going to new projects and seeing the model rooms, interior designs, and floorplans. We try to get to all of them and compare information. I think between us we know a little bit about real estate after all these years and if a poster makes a real howler of a comment I may have to get on and at least present another point of view. 'Only 80% sold' (semi-howler)is a good figure for a new project that just opened. I've lived in condos that were only about 70% sold after 3 years--and every project we have lived in has had investors, nothing new there. It takes time to sell out a project, especially in a slow market. I'm not pushing anyone to buy a condo--I have said several times that renting is probably best for lots of people in Pattaya, especially short-termers. I have also said that if you are thinking of buying it is so important to do your homework before you commit to anything. It's a big decision. Study everything, including yourself and what you want/need. If you do that, you will likely avoid some of the mistakes my partner and I made when we first moved here.

Actually EGAT have done surveys in Bangkok where they define a condo occupied if it has a active and paying electric meter. Some of these surveys have been mentioned in BKK post over the years. You might be able to find something similar about Pattaya.

Beware of the most often used sales technique...It goes something like "you need to have the cash here in Thailand and be able to react to a good deal quickly". This of course causes you to feel wealthy, generates a huge commission for little work, and limits your decision time to about ten minutes if that long.

Beware of the most often used sales technique...It goes something like "you need to have the cash here in Thailand and be able to react to a good deal quickly". This of course causes you to feel wealthy, generates a huge commission for little work, and limits your decision time to about ten minutes if that long.

I am asking about SELLING and you're warning about buying.

Wrong thread.

There were workers at Pattaya Posh yesterday but perhaps they have slowed construction like some of the other projects have done. We weren't interested in Pattaya Posh because we didn't think the location was good for us (location, location, location) and we didn't know the developer or any projects it had completed.

But you need the cash to come from abroad to be able to buy ( F.ET. form from TH.bank needed for the registration ), so if already brought in you can make a quick deal , cheque at hand make a seller "melting" quicker to close the deal ....whistling.gif

Thank you, bkk6060. Finally someone with a scrap of common sense! Of course there is no electric! Duh! What developer in their right mind would provide FREE electric to residents with no electric meters? Good lord, if they did that what's to stop the residents from asking for a free sky lounge? Or a free air-conditioned gym? Or, heaven forbid, a free swimming pool on the roof, of all things? That's a slippery slope no developer would want to go down. For those of you unaware, Rule 13 of the Developer's Guild clearly states that 'No electricity, free or otherwise, shall be provided to residents who have not yet received their electric meters.' I don't think it can be much clearer than that, can it? Those few, feeble lights you see on at night to give Loppy and you something to count are provided by the brave, yes, brave! souls who nightly light candles and risk horrible disfigurement or worse by accidental fire. (Millennials, google 'candle'.) I, myself, am furiously pedaling on a contraption that generates just enough electricity to allow me to use my laptop to send out this message. But, rejoice. I'm told the electric meters will be installed sometime next month and I think you will see a few more lights on--I have a sneaking suspicion there have been more than just a few candle-less residents huddling in the dark.

Thank you, bkk6060. Finally someone with a scrap of common sense! Of course there is no electric! Duh! What developer in their right mind would provide FREE electric to residents with no electric meters? Good lord, if they did that what's to stop the residents from asking for a free sky lounge? Or a free air-conditioned gym? Or, heaven forbid, a free swimming pool on the roof, of all things? That's a slippery slope no developer would want to go down. For those of you unaware, Rule 13 of the Developer's Guild clearly states that 'No electricity, free or otherwise, shall be provided to residents who have not yet received their electric meters.' I don't think it can be much clearer than that, can it? Those few, feeble lights you see on at night to give Loppy and you something to count are provided by the brave, yes, brave! souls who nightly light candles and risk horrible disfigurement or worse by accidental fire. (Millennials, google 'candle'.) I, myself, am furiously pedaling on a contraption that generates just enough electricity to allow me to use my laptop to send out this message. But, rejoice. I'm told the electric meters will be installed sometime next month and I think you will see a few more lights on--I have a sneaking suspicion there have been more than just a few candle-less residents huddling in the dark.

Are you from Oklahoma by any chance Newnative?

You are very good in your snake talk, but you contradict yourself too much. You even claim now that you have purchased a unit in Centric, strange isn't it?

You just said there was no lights because they were all on walking street, but now you change your version, or do you suggest they take the meter with them when they go party.

No meter means no tenant, period.

Anyone who has bought a condo to live in or rent it out will be in a hurry to get it ready,even the flippers want it ready for occupation because a dressed up condo sells easier, but since nobody seems to be in a hury means that the condo's are simply not sold.

Edited by TheCruncher

Yikes! I guess some of us need to google 'satire'. Someone can correct me if I am wrong but it's my understanding that the electric meters are installed by the electrical authority (PEA) and there is usually a lag of a few months before they get installed once a new condo opens. I'm sure developers would like them installed as soon as possible. (For those satire-challenged, we actually do have electricity.)

Wrong thread.

Why don't you post your condo and let the market answer your question?

Wrong thread.

Already answered. Why don't you read a thread first before asking questions already answered?

Wrong thread.

Already answered. Why don't you read a thread first before asking questions already answered?

Post #?

Maybe I am busy watching grass grow or other important stuff. How long does it take for paint to dry?

Who in their right mind would buy in Thailand now?

people who have money, as opposed to those who don't have money smile.png

That doesn't make any sense at all. People with money aren't interested to buy condos in Pattaya. Maybe Monaco has slipped down on the list I am not certain.

Yikes! I guess some of us need to google 'satire'. Someone can correct me if I am wrong but it's my understanding that the electric meters are installed by the electrical authority (PEA) and there is usually a lag of a few months before they get installed once a new condo opens. I'm sure developers would like them installed as soon as possible. (For those satire-challenged, we actually do have electricity.)

No sir it doesn't take a few months to get meters installed, maybe for the official meter, but at least a temporary meter will be installed from the moment you pay full for your condo.

There may be temporary meters but I don't have one and I have paid for my condo in full. I have a water meter but no electric meter yet. Also, you are incorrect when you say "no meter means no tenant, period". I know of several condos being rented to tenants and the owners, and tenants, are not paying electric yet.

There may be temporary meters but I don't have one and I have paid for my condo in full. I have a water meter but no electric meter yet. Also, you are incorrect when you say "no meter means no tenant, period". I know of several condos being rented to tenants and the owners, and tenants, are not paying electric yet.

So ok, you have no meter but you have electricity, where you earlier said that one can't have electricity without a meter and that meters take months to install.

Do you have a condo in Centric or not?

Lord, I never said you can't have electricity without a meter. My little essay was SATIRE responding to a poster joking that we didn't have electricity, hence the lack of lights at night. There is no Developer's Guild. There is no Rule 13. I am not pedaling furiously on a contraption that makes electricity. We are not burning candles at night to see. We have electricity. We are not being charged for the electricity until next month. I have been away for a week but as far as I know we do not have the meters yet.

We have electricity. We are not being charged for the electricity until next month. I have been away for a week but as far as I know we do not have the meters yet.

What often happens is that the building fits a temporary meter and bills you for electricity used until you have a real PEA meter fitted. Usually the building price is at the business rate which is about double the domestic rate.

Of course this is Thailand and your building could be quite different. I suppose a lot of it will depend on how cheap the developer is.

Lord, I never said you can't have electricity without a meter. My little essay was SATIRE responding to a poster joking that we didn't have electricity, hence the lack of lights at night. There is no Developer's Guild. There is no Rule 13. I am not pedaling furiously on a contraption that makes electricity. We are not burning candles at night to see. We have electricity. We are not being charged for the electricity until next month. I have been away for a week but as far as I know we do not have the meters yet.

Why you avoid to answer my question twice already if you own at Centric Sea?

Yes I own at Centric and think it is at a good location for central Pattaya, where I want to live and have a seaview. There is not much available for highrise condos in central Pattaya with seaviews. I think The Base is a good location, and have mentioned it as well, but I don't own there. I wanted 2BR/2BA. The Base, though, would be a good choice to check if someone wanted to live in a new highrise with seaviews close to both Central Festival and Royal Garden Plaza. Sansiri, the builder, has a good reputation I think for Thailand. If I could afford it, I would probably live at Northshore but it is out of my price range. Drat. Worth a look if you have the money. VT6 has a great location, probably the best for central Pattaya, but if I lived there I would probably be worrying about the views to the south being blocked at some point. But, if you don't need a view... Northshore and VT6 seem to be maintaining their prices fairly nicely and I think that's mainly due to location and supply and demand.

Yes I own at Centric and think it is at a good location for central Pattaya, where I want to live and have a seaview. There is not much available for highrise condos in central Pattaya with seaviews. I think The Base is a good location, and have mentioned it as well, but I don't own there. I wanted 2BR/2BA. The Base, though, would be a good choice to check if someone wanted to live in a new highrise with seaviews close to both Central Festival and Royal Garden Plaza. Sansiri, the builder, has a good reputation I think for Thailand. If I could afford it, I would probably live at Northshore but it is out of my price range. Drat. Worth a look if you have the money. VT6 has a great location, probably the best for central Pattaya, but if I lived there I would probably be worrying about the views to the south being blocked at some point. But, if you don't need a view... Northshore and VT6 seem to be maintaining their prices fairly nicely and I think that's mainly due to location and supply and demand.

Thanks for finally confirming you are a flipper, just flipped your unit at Lumpini, and now promoting Centric sea.

Over and out, not interested anymore to discuss with people who have an agenda.

I bet u a Pattaya condo jing fell for this..........

PS Pattaya is not a well rounded town. Get real now! You see IT conventions there? only conventions i see consist of bkk nurses, office managers, eyeglass girls and teachers............................hahahaha.