Are well priced Pattaya resale condos selling now, or not?

Jingthing

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who in their right mind would buy in Thailand now?

people who have money, as opposed to those who don't have money smile.png

people who have serious money dont buy in thailand, thailand condos are for chumps! Where do rich Chinese buy-in USA! Where do King alwaheed buy- New York, etc!

people who have serious money dont buy in thailand, thailand condos are for chumps! Where do rich Chinese buy-in USA! Where do King alwaheed buy- New York, etc!

........and unlike in Thailand prices actually come down occasionallygiggle.gif

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/17/realestate/prices-drop-for-luxury-new-york-real-estate.html

there's no King alwaheed, but there's a prince al-Walid and he owns properties in a dozen countries.

According to posts here most expats have their money in stocks and not property. Good luck with that biggrin.png

"Stocks are having their worst start to a year in history in part because of a rapid plunge in the price of oil. The price of crude is down 28 percent this year already, which in turn has dragged down energy company shares in the Standard & Poor's 500 index by 13 percent, which has helped pull the overall index down 9 percent."

there's no King alwaheed, but there's a prince al-Walid and he owns properties in a dozen countries.

is thailand one of them?

According to posts here most expats have their money in stocks and not property. Good luck with that biggrin.png

double whammy then for property owners no money to buy cannot give the things away
Location location location.. Will always be in demand.

Sounds like you're doing you're Arse in stocks? my advice is set your stops now. Better to drop 30% now than watch it dwindle to worthless bits of paper

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Edited by mcfish

double whammy then for property owners no money to buy cannot give the things away

Sounds like you're doing you're Arse in stocks? my advice is set your stops now. Better to drop 30% now than watch it dwindle to worthless bits of paper

Ha Ha at zero flogged all my stuff months ago,but for sure now going to lose out on buying junk here

Ha Ha at zero flogged all my stuff months ago,but for sure now going to lose out on buying junk here

Fact is Im buying again,stocks that is,you can keep your junk

Everything else being equal (condo size, condition, etc.) price, price, price only trumps location, location, location when you don't have location, location, location.

..and if you have a brain, brain, brain that sure beats price,price,price ,and also location,location,location

Someone who wants to live in Thailand. Why is now any different. Is there going to be a war with Burma?

I think there is a big chance that there might be some nasty surprises in the near future. Think 1976 and 1992.

I thought you meant 1997, but I see you must be referring to the UK situation of that year. Happy to say I didn't notice a "crisis" as I was minting it in Saudi at the time.

However, anyone that believes there is only "UP" in economic cycles is an idiot. The Russians have been finding that out recently, and the Chinese will be soon enough.

As to when the next major global crash happens is up to the clique that controls the world's economies, but it will be at a time that suits them to make even more gazillions.

Do people who buy in Pattaya know its fame is due to Bargirls AND evening ladies.

Seriously...... what were you thinkin jing?

Really?

People that actually live in Pattaya, as opposed to reading about it on TV, know that it is entirely possible to live in Pattaya without ever going near a bar beer, gogo, happy ending massage parlour, or even seeing a hooker, if they so desire. The Beach Rd- Second Rd entertainment zone is a miniscule part of a very large city.

Someone who wants to live in Thailand. Why is now any different. Is there going to be a war with Burma?

I think there is a big chance that there might be some nasty surprises in the near future. Think 1976 and 1992.

I thought you meant 1997, but I see you must be referring to the UK situation of that year. Happy to say I didn't notice a "crisis" as I was minting it in Saudi at the time.

However, anyone that believes there is only "UP" in economic cycles is an idiot. The Russians have been finding that out recently, and the Chinese will be soon enough.

As to when the next major global crash happens is up to the clique that controls the world's economies, but it will be at a time that suits them to make even more gazillions.

I think he was referring to a crisis other than economic. If you're still not sure Google what happened in Thailand in 1976ph34r.png(and then connect that to what happened here just last week)

Edited by Asiantravel

Hmm. "Saturday night here and the town is crowded." Well, Sherlock, maybe some of the Centric residents are out and that's why there are 'only' 36 lights on Saturday evening. Come back during the day, bkk6060, and count the windows with curtains.

They probably also forgot to remove the brown paper sticking to the windows when they went out for a drink. coffee1.gif

Stop being an apologist, Centric sales staff say themselves only 80% sold so that means only 60% in reality, and from what is sold about 80% is sold to investors ( flippers).

So why would there be ever more lights on then what the poster saw?

And please also be honest to say that you're involved in real estate. From your own comments it turns out that you have "lived" in more condo buildings in Pattaya than I have changed underwear in all those years I live here.

Edited by TheCruncher

22 + 14 = 36 lights on. Just count the windows with curtains, not the ones with paper. Although not the best gauge, it's a heck of a lot better than counting lights--that might work in a city with mostly full-time residents but does not work at all in a resort town with many absentees, part-timers, and weekenders. I do have an interest in real estate but I'm not a realtor and it's more of a hobby that I fell into in USA. My partner and I have lived in a number of Pattaya projects while we have gotten to know Pattaya and the different areas to live. Some we rented and some we owned while we searched for the best place to live that suited our needs--being full-time residents. (Renting is a great way to get to know a project and an area.) We enjoy going to new projects and seeing the model rooms, interior designs, and floorplans. We try to get to all of them and compare information. I think between us we know a little bit about real estate after all these years and if a poster makes a real howler of a comment I may have to get on and at least present another point of view. 'Only 80% sold' (semi-howler)is a good figure for a new project that just opened. I've lived in condos that were only about 70% sold after 3 years--and every project we have lived in has had investors, nothing new there. It takes time to sell out a project, especially in a slow market. I'm not pushing anyone to buy a condo--I have said several times that renting is probably best for lots of people in Pattaya, especially short-termers. I have also said that if you are thinking of buying it is so important to do your homework before you commit to anything. It's a big decision. Study everything, including yourself and what you want/need. If you do that, you will likely avoid some of the mistakes my partner and I made when we first moved here.

Hmm. "Saturday night here and the town is crowded." Well, Sherlock, maybe some of the Centric residents are out and that's why there are 'only' 36 lights on Saturday evening. Come back during the day, bkk6060, and count the windows with curtains.

Well my dear Watson. If you ever go to Pattaya you will see that most people go out later. I don't think there are many 9pm in bed Chinese tourists at Centric.

Most of the lights at my hotel and others were on as people are preparing for the evening.

Edited by bkk6060

Everything else being equal (condo size, condition, etc.) price, price, price only trumps location, location, location when you don't have location, location, location.

Surprised those teeth of yours have not sunk into another aspiring disaster ,that 30 floor something that long planned project Pattaya Posh ,by the bus sheds ...a bigger disaster than Centric,frame fitting comes to an abrupt end,no surprise there,no lights on,no electric,seems to have ground to a complete halt

Location ,location,location,seems as price,price ,price have all ended in the swill bin