Seizure of Yingluck calendars upsets Pheu Thai

webfact

She still looks good ....the northern cool air do wonders

Skin deep.....

"human rights violation" over not being able to print a calendar?

Now if she was petitioning for human rights where Burmese fishermen, domestic slaves servants and factory workers were concerned, maybe I might find a little bit of sympathy.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Banned from politics means not holding office or overtly campaigning.

Thaksin is on the run and yet is squarely in the pot stirring middle of Thai politics. Yingluck his little sister, and Thaksin on a calendar for a year on peoples walls, and announced with a little pilgrimage by lil sister and her former ministers and entourage with press support;

This is as political as it gets.

They could have made merit quietly and with minimal fuss.

And no calendars for propaganda, which is their sole purpose, and of course why they were confiscated. Everyone knows there will never be reconciliation between Thaksin's puppet parties and the other side, NEVER. But said reconciliation is not for them, but for the average Thai citizen with their fellow citizens, and that only happens when the propaganda that divides them so effectively is ended.

Not just from the PTP side, but from all sides.

But the continual pot stirring is coming from PTP. And they are not in power, and are highly unlikely to be until well after a sad event takes place. This is jockying for positions of control and power for the 'after period', those who control events control the future, and it is a quite deadly struggle gone quiet, but not gone. That one side believes he will come out on top by prophesies from several sources, only makes it quite mad because in reality there are NO see'ers, no actual prophets of the future.

But tell that to the guy who goes to the fortune teller to guide the country while in power.

Can you please explain how this is 'pot stirring' by PT, but not by Chitpas Kridakorn?

What is obvious is the ongoing bias by the yellow junta & their cheerleaders like you.

post-226549-0-24032500-1451961964_thumb.

"He insisted that the whole trip was about merit making and did not have any hidden political agenda."

He's right, it's not hidden. It's an overt attempt to use an allegedly private act of faith for political purposes.

If you want it to be private then go alone, don't bring along your entourage, carry out your merit making in secret and don't announce the whole event in advance to the press.

Same old PT.

https://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=3&ved=0ahUKEwjp14eCm5HKAhXGGo4KHeYIBVIQuAIIETAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fm.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DViSm2i7C_1U&usg=AFQjCNGZ5AXTwgr_4kaftwAUWKRKMShddw

B.S. If the Salvation Army provides calenders they come also with entourage. Same J.W's (Jehova's witness)

Interesting to follow the web address at the bottom of the calendars...chitpas.com

Yes, indeed.

Maybe Ms.Chitpas would have more luck distributing the calendars, although her last efforts with Leo calendars some years ago at Parliament was a publicity failure.

If you are lucky enough to have one of these, by now, collectors items, it can only increase in value.

http://www.thestar.com.my/story/?file=%2F2009%2F12%2F19%2Ffocus%2F5334935

I think it was an act of 'baiting' the government. If the gov did nothing she'd win by distributing the calendars and if the gov did make a move, as it has done, then she gets more publicity. So in her eyes she can't lose. In reality I think they both lose as other posters here point out.

"He insisted that the whole trip was about merit making and did not have any hidden political agenda."

He's right, it's not hidden. It's an overt attempt to use an allegedly private act of faith for political purposes.

If you want it to be private then go alone, don't bring along your entourage, carry out your merit making in secret and don't announce the whole event in advance to the press.

Same old PT.

https://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=3&ved=0ahUKEwjp14eCm5HKAhXGGo4KHeYIBVIQuAIIETAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fm.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DViSm2i7C_1U&usg=AFQjCNGZ5AXTwgr_4kaftwAUWKRKMShddw

B.S. If the Salvation Army provides calenders they come also with entourage. Same J.W's (Jehova's witness)

No. The BS is claiming it wasn't a political stunt.

"He said many ordinary people and juristic bodies were entitled to produce calendars for the New Year and distribute them."

Neatly avoiding that doesn't apply to those produced with taxpayers funds. PTP have always had problems distinguishing between taxpayers funds and their own, even when they're not the government.

This is another sad state of affairs, irrespective of any particular political persuasion.

..although her last efforts with Leo calendars some years ago at Parliament was a publicity failure

Was that the calendar with the Thai women with the bare knockers?

Yingluck would win hands down if it came to a bare-chested fight with Prayut whistling.gif

>>In Khon Kaen, 100 police, military personnel and civil officers set up checkpoints in Ban Pai district and seized more than 10 of the Shinawatra calendars.<< Quote

She really scared by boys in uniform !!

So for each 10 persons at the checkpoints they seized one calendar..............................coffee1.gif

And the real irony here is, that instead of allowing the local reds to have a picture of their heroine on the wall, by their overreaction YL's picture now is all over media!!

How to make a non-event into a huge publicity coup for PTP....let the Barmy Army jump in with both feet firmly in mouth. You couldn't buy this much favourable publicity, but she is getting it for free, courtesy of you know who.

She is not, but the Generals are trying to make her into the Thai Aung San Suu Kyi

Next they will imprison her

with every move adding to her political image.

All she really needs to do is suffer with dignity and continue to outsmart the military "intelligence" with moves like this, and she is almost guaranteed a major political role in the future

yingluck is certainly been given the treatment by the present government stopping distribution of her 2016n calendar is another nail in the coffin of the shinawatras .

No my friend!!

By making a non-event into a dog and pony show, the generals have yet again made fools of themselves !!

Yingluck will emerge from this even more popular..............coffee1.gif

Same old PT.

Yingluck showed up at the Phuwieng dinosaur museum on Sunday afternoon, about 90kms from Khon Kaen. Given the number of people who surrounded her and wanted their picture taken standing next to her, I'd say she's entitled to have her 'entourage' with her in order to offer some protection. After that, she stopped at a local market, no advance notice to the press as far as I know.

The fact is, like it or not, she's famous (or infamous depending on your view) and as such needs protection from over-zealous supporters or just plain nutters.

Same old PT.

I have to disagree, New Year merit making is a Thai thing, and as such Yingluk has the right just as any other Thai to do so.

As for announcing her intent for such merit making, that to is not against the law, and many Thai's will announce to family and friends and on social media of their intentions so why not Yingluk? I didn't see any political slogans/posters/or political speeches given so it could be said that this was an over reaction by the powers that be and preventing a person from going about their business. As for confiscating calendar's well as far as I'm a wear that is not illegal also, Did they have any messages of a political nature printed on them??? and lastly if they are saying this was a political stunt, then if there was any more than five people together then why oh why was she not arrested for illegal political gathering???? Talk about clutching at straws man.

I disagree. She is a public figure and hence has certain influence whether she acknowledges this or not. By twitting/FB she is basically making a public announcement which is not the same as you and I unless you happen to be a celebrity on twitter.

Same old PT.

Yingluck showed up at the Phuwieng dinosaur museum on Sunday afternoon, about 90kms from Khon Kaen. Given the number of people who surrounded her and wanted their picture taken standing next to her, I'd say she's entitled to have her 'entourage' with her in order to offer some protection. After that, she stopped at a local market, no advance notice to the press as far as I know.

The fact is, like it or not, she's famous (or infamous depending on your view) and as such needs protection from over-zealous supporters or just plain nutters.

She needs no entourage.

Most politicians manage without them, maybe they have their security but not the circus yingluck carted around on this trip.

It was a political stunt, simple as that.

She is not alone in doing this sort of thing, but to have a spokesperson denying it is just mealy mouthed BS.

Edited by Bluespunk

"Former Pheu Thai MP Thanik Masipitak said visiting people and making merit during the New Year period was part of Thai culture and the action had no political motive."

Yeah, right...

Proof that the action has no political motive, distribute calendars of the present PM...

Banned from politics means not holding office or overtly campaigning.

Thaksin is on the run and yet is squarely in the pot stirring middle of Thai politics. Yingluck his little sister, and Thaksin on a calendar for a year on peoples walls, and announced with a little pilgrimage by lil sister and her former ministers and entourage with press support;

This is as political as it gets.

They could have made merit quietly and with minimal fuss.

And no calendars for propaganda, which is their sole purpose, and of course why they were confiscated. Everyone knows there will never be reconciliation between Thaksin's puppet parties and the other side, NEVER. But said reconciliation is not for them, but for the average Thai citizen with their fellow citizens, and that only happens when the propaganda that divides them so effectively is ended.

Not just from the PTP side, but from all sides.

But the continual pot stirring is coming from PTP. And they are not in power, and are highly unlikely to be until well after a sad event takes place. This is jockying for positions of control and power for the 'after period', those who control events control the future, and it is a quite deadly struggle gone quiet, but not gone. That one side believes he will come out on top by prophesies from several sources, only makes it quite mad because in reality there are NO see'ers, no actual prophets of the future.

But tell that to the guy who goes to the fortune teller to guide the country while in power.

Of course the junta aren't jockeying for position are they? They jockeyed into it a while back by means of that nifty little coup type manouvre.

The politicising they've done, and continue to do since they grabbed power, makes the handing out of a few calendars seem very trivial.

I wonder what the reaction would have been if Suthep's ugly gob had been on the front of it?

Same old PT.

She has a lot of nutters from Bangkok opposing her and a few on here.

"Former Pheu Thai MP Thanik Masipitak said visiting people and making merit during the New Year period was part of Thai culture and the action had no political motive."

Yeah, right...

Proof that the action has no political motive, distribute calendars of the present PM...

I think he gets enough public exposure with his tv programme and announcements in the press by his various committees and junta spokesmen.

Can't see why he's getting all pear shaped about a daft calendar. Great publicity though for the lovely Yingy.

Paranoia strikes deep

Government has no legal basis for grabbing those calendars, not that they would consider legal basis necessary.

Reminds me of my overland trip to Tibet, with Chinese army going thru bags to see if had photo of Dali Lama.

This absurd action by government shows how fragile and repressive they truly are.

Same old PT.

And more than a few defending her criminal ineptitude and just the pure criminality of her fugitive sibling.

Same old PT.

Same old PT.

Yes they outsmarted the army rulers again !! A small trip to Khon Kaen by a little lady in her Volkswagen made an organisation with a budget of 207 billion baht wet their pants............

Little lady in her VW?

Would that be the Amply Rich Billionaire Yingluck and her entourage trying to organize yet another circus for the media? Handing out more pictures to show she openly cavorts with her criminal brother, the Billionaire who own the political party she's a member of?

Same old JOC.

Same old PT.

And more than a few defending her criminal ineptitude and just the pure criminality of her fugitive sibling.

Give it a rest mate, your senseless diatribes are making me puke.

Whether you support her or not, banning a calendar is an act of desperation by a failing bunch of spoilt child hypocritical crooks and traitors; and that puts you in the same boat; because its kind of childish to keep on posting the same old crap again and again when you know it has no result. Doesn't that remind you of something that Einstein is alleged to have said?

In Khon Kaen, 100 police, military personnel and civil officers set up checkpoints in Ban Pai district and seized more than 10 of the Shinawatra calendars.

Where can I get one of these calendars? They are sure to become collectors' items. Bit like postage stamps that are printed upsidedown and recalled.

they're here in srisaket ... but I don't know where they were distributed out. It wasn't just of yingluck though, she was hugging her brother thaksin.