Prayut prefers to seize licences from drunk drivers

webfact

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We might have to return the vehicles and seize the driver's licences instead, so they can't go out and drink-drive again," he said."

Errr... What about the tens of thousands that don't have licenses but continue to drive? What kind of ivory tower does this guy live in?

He reminds me of the Emperor's New Clothes.

"The Emperor's New Clothes" (Danish: Kejserens nye Klæder) is a short tale by Hans Christian Andersen about two weavers who promise an emperor a new suit of clothes that is invisible to those who are unfit for their positions, stupid, or incompetent. When the Emperor parades before his subjects in his new clothes, no one dares to say that he doesn't see any suit of clothes until a child cries out, "But he isn't wearing anything at all!" The tale has been translated into over a hundred languages.[1]

I sat at a table with 12 Thai guys and no one had a licence, yet they were all on scooters

It is so much easier for my guys to just seize the license. Seizing the vehicles requires real work, and my guys have told me they do not like to do real work, especially when there is not direct compensation. I will take this into account.

Driving without a license here is about as big a crime as not putting the groceries you have decided against, back into the right space on the shelf. More than likely a fine of 100 baht. Or an admonishment from the officer along the lines of "come on, at least you can pretend that we have some power and authority".

To Lupatria, people who go home/away for the holidays can request the police to keep a watch (protect) their homes.

Thanks for the info! Looks like the CP-sister and me were the only ones unaware of this.

Edited by Lupatria