Graft buster looks into Chalerm's assets

webfact

Graft buster looks into Chalerm's assets

132628-imagejpeg-195270-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) has appointed a panel to look into the properties of former prime minister and labour minister Chalerm Yoobamrung after finding his latest declaration of assets was unusual.

The appointment came as a local news website reported that Pol Lt Chalerm was facing secret probe into the handling of the Labour Ministry’s secret fund when he was in charge of the ministry in 2014 during the height of the anti – government rallies by the defunct People’s Democracy Reform Committee.

NACC deputy secretary general Voravit Sukboon admitted that the NACC has appointed a subcommittee to look into the issue but declined to elaborate what it will look into.

He said it could not be said exactly that the probe would focus on which part of the property or when it was unusually derived from.

Earlier Issara news website reported that the Office of the Auditor General has detected unusual spending of the ministry’s fund, especially when it was said to be reimbursed for secret official work.

The office has conducted in-depth investigation and has found the persons responsible for the spending.

It found that during the period when Chalerm was minister of labour there were two reimbursements of the fund on secret missions, the first in 2011 involving 500,000 baht, and the second of 6.4 million baht in 2014.

The office has already submitted its finding to the NACC to investigate.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/graft-buster-looks-into-chalerms-assets

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-01-06

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This will be interesting..would be great if they got something on him and take away (some) of his wealth.

Absolutely. This guy is as bent as they come and if they start digging I'm pretty sure they will find all kinds of nastiness. Too bad that those who support the administration will not be touched.

Edited by MZurf

>>Earlier Issara news website reported that the Office of the Auditor General has detected unusual spending of the ministry’s fund, especially when it was said to be reimbursed for secret official work.<< Quote

"Secret official work" ....................... The snipers on the rooftop ??

This will be interesting..would be great if they got something on him and take away (some) of his wealth.

Why??

Because he is more successful than you ?

See the post below your post even your side knows the guy is as corrupt as they come.

Why??

Or perhaps simply to see some of those at the top here who are so obviously corrupt thieving murderous liars getting a little comeuppance for once ...

Clearly I was wrong.

What is your problem, JOC?

This man isn't a popular activist for peasant's rights, he's everything that is bad about Thailand across the colour line.

I agree, he is as bad as they come.

But I know for a fact, that he comes from a family, who have been wealthy for generations. The wealth created by running private schools and selling land in Bkk, land they bought decades ago.

So if money is missing from the till, Chalerm would have no reason to enrich himself.

Do you really think, he would drive a pink Bentley, if he had something to hide? He might be an old drunk political dinosaur, but make no mistake, he is not stupid!!

So to me this assets check, has a clear political undertone.

Maybe a favor to the juntas pawn Suthep.......................... (He and Chalerm have been at odds for decades.)

Edited by JOC

Clearly I was wrong.

This man isn't a popular activist for peasant's rights, he's everything that is bad about Thailand across the colour line.

But I know for a fact, that he comes from a family, who have been wealthy for generations. The wealth created by running private schools and selling land in Bkk, land they bought decades ago.

So if money is missing from the till, Chalerm would have no reason to enrich himself.

Do you really think, he would drive a pink Bentley, if he had something to hide? He might be an old drunk political dinosaur, but make no mistake, he is not stupid!!

Maybe a favor to the juntas pawn Suthep.......................... (He and Chalerm have been at odds for decades.)

hubris
ˈhjuːbrɪs/
noun
noun: hubris
excessive pride or self-confidence.
"the self-assured hubris among economists was shaken in the late 1980s"
synonyms: arrogance, conceit, conceitedness, haughtiness, pride, vanity, self-importance, self-conceit, pomposity, superciliousness, feeling of superiority;

Absolutely. This guy is as bent as they come and if they start digging I'm pretty sure they will find all kinds of nastiness. Too bad that those who support the administration will not be touched.

You have no idea who Chalerm is or what he (and his son) have done do you?

Even my most hardened red shirt friend always bows his head when I mentioned Chalerms name. When they were in govt, he'd extol the virtues of the red shirts and then I'd say "so you are OK with Chalerm" - and then he'd have to admit that Chalerm did not fit in the narrative.

Clearly I was wrong.

You mean the Bentley that he purchased for a fraction of it's actual value that absolutely wasn't an illegal import?

I think it has been proven beyond doubt in the past 15 years that being wealthy does not prevent you from being corrupt.

His youngest son 'whacked' a policeman in a night club in front of witnesses and 'somehow' got away with it.

From Wikki:

All three of Chalerm's sons have reputations for violent mafia-like behavior. In 2001, his youngest son, Duangchalerm, was arraigned for the murder of a police officer in a nightclub.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3572395.stm

Why??

No, because he is a crook - simple don't you agree.

You have no idea who Chalerm is or what he (and his son) have done do you?

Even my most hardened red shirt friend always bows his head when I mentioned Chalerms name. When they were in govt, he'd extol the virtues of the red shirts and then I'd say "so you are OK with Chalerm" - and then he'd have to admit that Chalerm did not fit in the narrative.

Take a deep breath and then read my post one more time.

Edited by MZurf

It's about time this dirty parasite and grub was fully and thoroughly investigated. There'll be no more "Do you know who I am?" anymore.

Som nam naa you vile toad.

Well the criminal courts seem to after finding the murderous scum of a son not guilty of murder.

Clearly I was wrong.

You mean the Bentley that he purchased for a fraction of it's actual value that absolutely wasn't an illegal import?

I think it has been proven beyond doubt in the past 15 years that being wealthy does not prevent you from being corrupt.

Defending Chalerm ? - you have to be pretty low on life's scale to do that.

I recall the fairly recent expensive car investigation. Chalerm claimed his pink Bentley belongs to a friend who lives in Singapore and just lets him borrow it.

It's pretty obvious to me that Chalerm passed the word (and the funds) to the UDD terrorists who murdered 30 men, women and children in 2014 (as the most trusted servant of his long-time political master). The blood is on his hands IMHO - the UDD are just backward, greedy thugs.

Unfortunately this political dinosaur is very wise in the ways of Thai law and politics. I will be very surprised if they can find enough evidence to put him away. He has so much blood on his hands already, a few brave witnesses wouldn't even make him bat an eyelid.

Maybe the most bent and disgraceful scumbags really do belong to Pheu-Thai ?. Remember the 310:0 amnesty disgrace ?.

That's 310 definites. Whereas you people only have Suthep to counter with. And even he stood up and risked his life to do the right thing against the amnesty bill which is far more than any of the dirty cronies would have done.

Or is that possibility off the table ?.

All together now : fingers in ears, eyes closed and keep saying "Bangkok elite, Bangkok elite .."

Maybe the most bent and disgraceful scumbags really do belong to Pheu-Thai ?. Remember the 310:0 amnesty disgrace ?.

That's 310 definites. Whereas you people only have Suthep to counter with. And even he stood up and risked his life to do the right thing against the amnesty bill which is far more than any of the dirty cronies would have done.

All together now : fingers in ears, eyes closed and keep saying "Bangkok elite, Bangkok elite .."

You forgot the popcorn gun man as well.

Edited by djjamie

555555! Happy New Year, John! I dreaded you had gone the way of the dinosaurs during the holidays.

"Maybe the most bent and disgraceful scumbags really do belong to Pheu-Thai ?"

No John, they're all at it. Kind of sad that you spectacularly fail to grasp this simple fact.

"That's 310 definites. Whereas you people only have Suthep to counter with"

See previous comment, John.

" And even he stood up and risked his life to do the right thing against the amnesty bill which is far more than any of the dirty cronies would have done."

Are you serious, John?? Pleeeease tell me you're kidding!

"Remember the 310:0 amnesty disgrace ?."

Remember it well, John. Do you remember the mother of all amnesties the junta graciously granted themselves, John?

Parliament and it's political players are all a bit of a sideshow, and always have been. Provincial mafiosi and "strongmen" from the boondocks all using illegal monies in buying power and playing patronage politics ("thieving" to you and I), and selling blocs of votes, whilst the country's elite and military support look on. And then step in when their puppets get a bit too greedy.

Meanwhile the country's poor and disenfranchised get blamed for voting them in- in the first place..laugh.png

Chalerm though, is a particularly odious piece of work. Venal, alcoholic, and corrupt to the core. His progeny share his psychopathic traits too, murdering people (even policemen) with impunity.

Was banished to Denmark of all places early in his police career. Apparently after kidnapping the scions of wealthy industrialists for ransom and / or political favour.. The "Denmark" allegory was banded around a lot by his supposed opponents in parliament when he was active, without many people knowing what it referred to.

Lovely bloke, hopefully another Thai Dinosaur finding his well-appointed tarpit to lumber into. Ho hum.

Edited by huangnon