British man found dead on Koh Tao

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...That Facebook status from Laura Witheridge goes along way in explaining the statement that came out form the Millar family after the trial...Its sad that the other topics have been closed but this Facebook post has basically confirmed what many have been fighting to bring to the public and to show that all was far from right in the sentencing of the B2. Will be interesting to see what the defenders of the establishment on Koh Tao have to say about Laura's post . This will I'm positive be picked up my international media and will be interesting to see how far this goes now...The British goverment if the Facebook comments on Laura's page are to be believed..and I for sure believe them 100% have a lot to answer too along with of course the Thai RTP and authorities...Sadly I knew along with many more on here it would only be a matter of time before another incident happened in Koh Tao that didn't ring true ! And it will,happen again in the future till the Major governments around the world address this matter. , And they can very easily ! How many young Brits and other nationalities have to die before they do something..Shame on you British Government and as for the RTP and Thai Authorities I hope you are found out for what you are before we are commenting on another sad death !

Edited by Nigeone

Well...That Facebook status from Laura Witheridge goes along way in explaining the statement that came out form the Millar family after the trial...Its sad that the other topics have been closed but this Facebook post has basically confirmed what many have been fighting to bring to the public and to show that all was far from right in the sentencing of the B2. Will be interesting to see what the defenders of the establishment on Koh Tao have to say about Laura's post . This will I'm positive be picked up my international media and will be interesting to see how far this goes now...The British goverment if the Facebook comments on Laura's page are to be believed..and I for sure believe them 100% have a lot to answer too along with of course the Thai RTP and authorities...Sadly I knew along with many more on here it would only be a matter of time before another incident happened in Koh Tao that didn't ring true ! And it will,happen again in the future till the Major governments around the world address this matter. , And they can very easily ! How many young Brits and other nationalities have to die before they do something..Shame on you British Government and as for the RTP and Thai Authorities I hope you are found out for what you are before we are commenting on another sad death !

Does anyone know, apart from your local MP (something of a misnomer after living in Thailand for a decade), what is the best way to register dissatisfaction with the role the FCO/ UK have played in this debacle? Sorry if this is strictly off-topic, but the cases seem to be absolutely linked in the view of comments I have seen, even from the shills.

I would bet that she has much more to say on the matter and would be willing to now that there will be a queue of interested parties ready to ask her questions.

It's a shame that it took Luke's death for her to speak out but I cannot wait to hear what she has to say about everything.

Sister of murdered British backpacker Hannah Witheridge reveals court officials told her parents to 'just make another one' after she was raped and killed on Koh Tao
In a scathing attack on Thailand, Laura Witheridge called officials 'corrupt'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3393779/Sister-murdered-British-backpacker-Hannah-Witheridge-reveals-court-officials-told-parents-just-make-one-raped-killed-Koh-Tao.html

Sister of murdered British backpacker Hannah Witheridge reveals court officials told her parents to 'just make another one' after she was raped and killed on Koh Tao

In a scathing attack on Thailand, Laura Witheridge called officials 'corrupt'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3393779/Sister-murdered-British-backpacker-Hannah-Witheridge-reveals-court-officials-told-parents-just-make-one-raped-killed-Koh-Tao.html

Totally believe it and fits right in wkth the rest of this debacle. Just a further little insight into how the case was handled.

Something I've never seen mentioned in the KT threads is the popularity of Ketamine on the islands - a young lad that I spoke to recently said it was being sold in a lot of bars in Ko Phangan over Xmas, so I'm sure it's the same in KT. I don't know much about it, but I know it can put people in a semi-comatose state, just in case that's useful to uncovering the real story here. RIP Luke.

‘Just make another one': Thai officials' astonishing reply to Hannah Witheridge’s parents after she was raped and killed on Koh Tao
Sister of murdered backpacker brands Thai police ‘corrupt’ in scathing attack

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/6853385/Just-make-another-one-Thai-officials-astonishing-reply-to-Hannah-Witheridges-parents-after-she-was-raped-and-killed-on-Koh-Tao.html

Something I've never seen mentioned in the KT threads is the popularity of Ketamine on the islands - a young lad that I spoke to recently said it was being sold in a lot of bars in Ko Phangan over Xmas, so I'm sure it's the same in KT. I don't know much about it, but I know it can put people in a semi-comatose state, just in case that's useful to uncovering the real story here. RIP Luke.

I have no idea about these drugs but Ketamine so i looked it up

http://www.drugfreeworld.org/drugfacts/prescription/ketamine.html

Ketamine, categorized as a “dissociative anesthetic,”1 is used in powdered or liquid form as an anesthetic, usually on animals. It can be injected, consumed in drinks, snorted, or added to joints or cigarettes. Ketamine was placed on the list of controlled substances in the US in 1999.

Short- and long-term effects include increased heart rate and blood pressure, nausea, vomiting, numbness, depression, amnesia, hallucinations and potentially fatal respiratory problems. Ketamine users can also develop cravings for the drug. At high doses, users experience an effect referred to as “K-Hole,” an “out of body” or “near-death” experience.

Due to the detached, dreamlike state it creates, where the user finds it difficult to move, ketamine has been used as a “date-rape” drug.

Fits KT! Maybe one of the unknown side effects is destroying CCTV equipment before climbing on booths in the middle of the night, cut yourself and dive face down in a pool with 4 ft of water?

mushrooms are totally different than being drunk.

believe me, you will think you can fly and want to prove it.

utter nonsense, you are more likely to end up face down in the sand tripping your ass off or running around giggling like a fool. dont talk about what you dont know.

"utter nonsense". please find a way to disagree without being rude.

tell us about your experiences on mushrooms.

A pretty damning criticism of the RTP (and indeed Thailand) has just been posted by Laura Witheridge on her facebook page. It refers to this incident.

I f anyone reads Laura Witheridge's very damning post on her facebook page with out a lump in their throat they are scarcely human. Her post says it all.

Last post, the barbed wire is clearly visible here. It is on the roof and he must have cut himself when he climbed up there.....

And now investigate this, his DNA must be on there!

https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/10553451_1692873687596161_9110847560566344049_n.jpg?oh=021ed3f291abc2cdce212fa348a17c50&oe=56FBCDD3

thats right.. the dna would be on the barbed wire.. that would be something any credible police would check... BEFORE publically announcing that. BUT now their foot is in their mouth. and im sure thats where it will stay.

Edited by Tigerbythetail

Thesticle, on 11 Jan 2016 - 07:32, said:Thesticle, on 11 Jan 2016 - 07:32, said:Thesticle, on 11 Jan 2016 - 07:32, said:

If the poster claiming to be Maria is indeed genuine they need to verify it so as to taken seriously. The information she had given so far is at odds with the official explanation and for it to be credible it must be assertained that this really is Maria Miller. Often the british goverment tells family members to keep quiet in situations like this and let the authorities handle it. As we have seen time and time again Britain values its diplomatic relationships more than justice for individual citizens. If this is really Maria Miller my advise to you is to cause as much of a scene as you can. Officials will want this resolved as quickly and quietly as they can and if youre not happy with their answers , go public and create a s**t storm.

My genuine condolences on the loss of your brother.

Seriously, what does she have to do to convince you she is genuine? Fortunately, another of Luke's close relatives is from Melbourne, Australia. The Aussies sure know how to kick up a stink and are not constrained by the wishes of the British Foreign Office.

Edited by IslandLover

who would have thought that facebook would come to be used by geriatric sleuths attempting to give their own lives meaning.

the old addage would be wear clean underwear, you might get in an accident, now its update your privacy settings you might die on holiday.

the voyeurism here is pathetic.

Thesticle, on 11 Jan 2016 - 07:32, said:Thesticle, on 11 Jan 2016 - 07:32, said:Thesticle, on 11 Jan 2016 - 07:32, said:

If the poster claiming to be Maria is indeed genuine they need to verify it so as to taken seriously. The information she had given so far is at odds with the official explanation and for it to be credible it must be assertained that this really is Maria Miller. Often the british goverment tells family members to keep quiet in situations like this and let the authorities handle it. As we have seen time and time again Britain values its diplomatic relationships more than justice for individual citizens. If this is really Maria Miller my advise to you is to cause as much of a scene as you can. Officials will want this resolved as quickly and quietly as they can and if youre not happy with their answers , go public and create a s**t storm.

Seriously, what does she have to do to convince you she is genuine? Fortunately, another of Luke's close relatives is from Melbourne, Australia. The Aussies sure know how to kick up a stink and are not constrained by the wishes of the British Foreign Office.

seriously, why should she DELETED what he thinks, her brother is dead.

Edited by seedy
language

Well I guess this story will go on for a while , maybe RTP should just close down the island and sink it.

We don't know this death is a murder so, would be nice to get some CCTV footage pretty soon....

Does anyone know, apart from your local MP (something of a misnomer after living in Thailand for a decade), what is the best way to register dissatisfaction with the role the FCO/ UK have played in this debacle? Sorry if this is strictly off-topic, but the cases seem to be absolutely linked in the view of comments I have seen, even from the shills.

David Cameron Has a parliamentary email address, is it possible for everyone everywhere to bombard his email address with their discontent, do you think that would work?

KunMatt, on 11 Jan 2016 - 12:22, said:KunMatt, on 11 Jan 2016 - 12:22, said:
frank83628, on 11 Jan 2016 - 12:11, said:frank83628, on 11 Jan 2016 - 12:11, said:
jayjay78, on 11 Jan 2016 - 10:37, said:jayjay78, on 11 Jan 2016 - 10:37, said:
Thesticle, on 11 Jan 2016 - 07:32, said:Thesticle, on 11 Jan 2016 - 07:32, said:

Somebody else said they saw her posting on the sunset facebook page but I couldnt find it, they may have deleted I suppose. But the sister has posted her frustrations on another facebook page, can post the link but not sure if its allowed. The page is called Shucking Korn. I took a screen capture of her posts and deleted her swearing, she must be feeling terrible. God bless her and her family

there is no mention whatsoever of any of that on her own FB page or the other family members pages or any of the friends of them for that matter, yet she posts on an obscure thai FB page that no ones heard of?? to me that would suggest that her page was hacked in someway.

Do you really believe all of these hacking stories?? What a patheticand desperate excuse from one of the usual Koh Tao supporters.

If she was hacked it one of her friends would have said so on her FB by now, so it is really Lukes sister, why do you have such a problem with that if you were unbiased and didn't mind yet another scandal for Koh Tao?

Those that believe Maria Mimi Miller's facebook post was a fake no doubt think Laura Witheridge's facebook post is too. Obviously the British press don't agree.

Edited by IslandLover

A pretty damning criticism of the RTP (and indeed Thailand) has just been posted by Laura Witheridge on her facebook page. It refers to this incident.

That statement by Laura Witheridge would appear to sum up why the family have not spoken about the verdict. It has come as a great relief to hear her speak and I truly hope these frightening revelations from her will come into the media big time and that the investigation will be reopened. It is now time for the British government and Scotland Yard to intervene in my opinion.

Have you ever tried moving a pig? you've got to push it with a board and hit it with a stick to get it to go in the right direction..