British man found dead on Koh Tao

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 1 definite murder?

Ok it was 2 people in one incident

The murders were terrible but just as bad was the way the Thais handled the case. Lawless and corrupt systems are not looked to highly upon in civilized countries.

The only difference between Thailand and elsewhere. Everyone knows it happens. Everywhere else people like to think it doesn't happen. Doesn't make it right btw

....ha ha...agree Firebird....I think newbie want's the "it's not good to pick at a scab but for some reason it just feels so gooood chat room....

Not at all but if someone else has manners then it's polite to be the same in return. I forgot that in forums newbies don't have an opinion. Is it because I haven't sat on the sofa long enough yet?????

....ha ha...agree Firebird....I think newbie want's the "it's not good to pick at a scab but for some reason it just feels so gooood chat room....

Not at all but if someone else has manners then it's polite to be the same in return. I forgot that in forums newbies don't have an opinion. Is it because I haven't sat on the sofa long enough yet?????

Not at all. Nice to see that you have joined Thaivisa after living in Thailand how long? More interesting is that you have joined Thaivisa with all its multiple topics but have only commented on this thread.

Interesting username too...strange that it fits your opinion of this topic....coincidence? bah.gif

Not at all. Nice to see that you have joined Thaivisa after living in Thailand how long? More interesting is that you have joined Thaivisa with all its multiple topics but have only commented on this thread.

Interesting username too...strange that it fits your opinion of this topic....coincidence? bah.gif

Just over 5 yrs hear. Yes I joined purely on the topic of how much slating Thailand is getting at the moment. I haven't commented on other stuff as yer as it's not as close home as this thread is. Yes I live in kt and yes I met Luke before he died. I agree it's a forum but all this boycott Thailand mallarchy is just horse sh*t. I have always read the forum since I got here as it is an interesting way of keeping up to date. But the more I read the comments the more I pity some people. End result I joined and commented. Does this meet the criteria. Lots of love newbie ;-)

balo, on 11 Jan 2016 - 05:53, said:
IslandLover, on 11 Jan 2016 - 05:08, said:

Balo, she is genuine. How many times do I have to tell you.

I only posted once , you told me that yesterday. Did you contact her ?

However to really verify this she needs to post something on her own FB page,

Yes, I have contacted her privately and she is genuine.

Are you the only person from this forum to contact the deceased's alleged sister? Did this person confirm that she was the poster who allegedly made a couple of posts on here, then after many questioned their validity, went to ground? Now I am not doubting you contacted someone but how are you able to verify that the person you contacted is who she says she is and did you do this personally or via an email or a FB contact.? Sorry about being cynical but just because you tell us that you contacted a female, who is purporting to be the deceased's sister, it does not give credence to what you are telling this forum.

didn't the bbc cover both stories, do you think they just cut and paste from facebook, show a little respect and move on from this nonsense

I don't think there is a serial killer as such, I think there is a gang of serial Thai thugs who are targeting young innocent western women for sex and if they are rejected they are then resorting to rape and murder and also murdering any male farang that gets in their way or tries to interfere, that is what I honestly believe

In my opinion you've hit the nail squarely on the head there Smedly thumbsup.gif .

so where is the woman in this case then? Anyone? Anyone?

i thought not.

Just over 5 yrs hear. Yes I joined purely on the topic of how much slating Thailand is getting at the moment. I haven't commented on other stuff as yer as it's not as close home as this thread is. Yes I live in kt and yes I met Luke before he died. I agree it's a forum but all this boycott Thailand mallarchy is just horse sh*t. I have always read the forum since I got here as it is an interesting way of keeping up to date. But the more I read the comments the more I pity some people. End result I joined and commented. Does this meet the criteria. Lots of love newbie ;-)

Perhaps some know more than you how stuff works in LOS.....Just a thought...

Nobody knows everything, That's my point. But all the the hate that I read for LOS is not good

The problem with Koh Tao and the deaths that occure there is that many people do not believe the police, there are too many questions left unanswered. Yes an autopsy was carried out and the police concluded that he drowned, I have no doubt that is possibly true, but a family member has said that Luke had bruising on his arms - that alone indicates to me that the police version of events is doubtful, when an autopsy is done you must consider everything (all injuries) to reach a conclusion, you simply cannot ignore stuff because it wouldn't fit with the story, couple that with the missing cctv footage and the lack of a witness to this supposed bravado act and it leaves more questions than answers, just like the puncture wounds that were clearly seen on David Millar that were ignored without explanation

This family should have insisted that the CIFS examined the body and published a full report leaving nothing out, as it stands it seems that certain injuries (no small detail) have been left unreported/unexplained/ignored by officials and either the police or the Thai coronor (or both) have done this with intent

I await to hear the results from a trusted autopsy that will be carried out in the UK before I am anywhere near conviced that this mans death was an accident

Sickofreadingrubbish

New member only interested in this post or a banned/shill in disguise?

Yes I am a new member and read most articles as I live in Thailand also. Just amazes me the whole amount of speculation that goes on.

why not tell everyone what you know about this death then, so far the police have said he drowned after jumping in a swimming pool, do you have something to add ?

The problem with Koh Tao and the deaths that occure there is that many people do not believe the police, there are too many questions left unanswered. Yes an autopsy was carried out and the police concluded that he drowned, I have no doubt that is possibly true, but a family member has said that Luke had bruising on his arms - that alone indicates to me that the police version of events is doubtful, when an autopsy is done you must consider everything (all injuries) to reach a conclusion, you simply cannot ignore stuff because it wouldn't fit with the story, couple that with the missing cctv footage and the lack of a witness to this supposed bravado act and it leaves more questions than answers, just like the puncture wounds that were clearly seen on David Millar that were ignored without explanation

This family should have insisted that the CIFS examined the body and published a full report leaving nothing out, as it stands it seems that certain injuries (no small detail) have been left unreported/unexplained/ignored by officials and either the police or the Thai coronor (or both) have done this with intent

I await to hear the results from a trusted autopsy that will be carried out in the UK before I am anywhere near conviced that this mans death was an accident

Luke had been "living it large" for a few weeks. If you have ever mixed with people who regularly drink a lot you would know that cuts, scrapes and bruises go with that lifestyle. They normally occur due to difficulty negotiating inanimate objects on the walk home.

Luke had been "living it large" for a few weeks. If you have ever mixed with people who regularly drink a lot you would know that cuts, scrapes and bruises go with that lifestyle. They normally occur due to difficulty negotiating inanimate objects on the walk home.

You reckon.............rolleyes.gif

We used to get blokes turn up for work after a weekend looking like they had a good kicking. Never was due to violence. Falling into bushes, storm drains, down steps etc. One bloke had two black eyes and stitches in a nasty gash on his forehead. He tripped and caught his head on the edge of a kerbstone, luckily someone found him and got medical attention. So, can it happen innocently? Definitely.

Agree, however this is the point of smedly post. The absence of any explanation other than drowning together with a lack of Cctv or witnesses is reason enough for the family to request more information from the investigation. Coupled with that, the reputation of the Rtp on koh tao is not credible is it?

I don't think there is a serial killer as such, I think there is a gang of serial Thai thugs who are targeting young innocent western women for sex and if they are rejected they are then resorting to rape and murder and also murdering any male farang that gets in their way or tries to interfere, that is what I honestly believe

In my opinion you've hit the nail squarely on the head there Smedly thumbsup.gif .

i thought not.

since you ask I will answer, the woman involved could very easily be Thai, as I said earlier in this thread, when farangs and Thais are mixing in the same establishments then anything is possible, I have personally witnessed drunk farangs getting into trouble several times with Thai women while they were st'faced and being set upon by a group of Thais and getting a serious beating that could easily have resulted in murder

Perhaps some know more than you how stuff works in LOS.....Just a thought...

Nobody knows everything, That's my point. But all the the hate that I read for LOS is not good

No, it's not good. But we have experience of how Thailand " works". It's not all hate...this whole episode was predictable from the beginning, the cover up,the continual cover up, can't be a Thai, murders found within 24 hours....lived here all my life..it is the way it is..supported by personal experiences/ tragedy.

Thais can be callous when confronted...legal system can be manipulated especially at the local level..

I am not surprised at the quotes allegedly said to the sister..

We used to get blokes turn up for work after a weekend looking like they had a good kicking. Never was due to violence. Falling into bushes, storm drains, down steps etc. One bloke had two black eyes and stitches in a nasty gash on his forehead. He tripped and caught his head on the edge of a kerbstone, luckily someone found him and got medical attention. So, can it happen innocently? Definitely.

True, but they don't die...and they have an explanation..

smedly

Quote>"didn't the bbc cover both stories, do you think they just cut and paste from facebook, show a little respect and move on from this nonsense<End quote

Asking legimate questions of another poster is nonsense is it? No one was suggesting a cut and paste, only you I see but if you accept everything you read or are told by a single person, then wouldn't you question the validity? No, you wouldn't would you, Mr. Gullible?

As for telling anyone to move on, maybe you should take you own advice, then let IslandLover answer should he be inclined to do so. What is the BBC covering two matters going to show me? I thought there was only one incident that we were dealing with in this post or are you trying to link this incident with that relating to the Burnmese 2. If this is the case, then why? So with your reference to the BBC are you telling me that in their reports I will be able to see that they have substantiated, beyond any doubt, that IslandLover contacted the sister, confirmed her bona fides and the validity of everything stated by her.

As for showing respect, please show me how questioning the validity of another's statement shows disrespect to anyone? There is absoutely nothing disprectful, implied or otherwise, so please try not reading into something, something that is not there.

I just noted your last response. How do you know that a woman was involved and that she could easily be a Thai. Have I missed something or is this just another one of your hypothesis. But considering it has been written as a factual involvement (The woman involved) can you explain how this came to the fore? Looking forward to your response.

True, but they don't die...and they have an explanation..

The ones that survive have an explanation. The ones that die obviously do not.

i thought not.

since you ask I will answer, the woman involved could very easily be Thai, as I said earlier in this thread, when farangs and Thais are mixing in the same establishments then anything is possible, I have personally witnessed drunk farangs getting into trouble several times with Thai women while they were st'faced and being set upon by a group of Thais and getting a serious beating that could easily have resulted in murder

Of course, we can only speculate at this stage due to lack of information. But this one mightn't have even involved a woman: "Where you from brother?" "England" "What you name" "Luke Miller. Same name as David Miller, the guy who was murdered here about a year ago" *alarmed looks* **conversation turns increasingly ugly**.....

Edited by Khun Han

Well, you were being anecdotal. So, how may of your workmates died?

Two.

Could you provide their names, ages and locations? I'm interested in the circumstances of their deaths. Thanks in advance.

Well, you were being anecdotal. So, how may of your workmates died?
Two.
Could you provide their names, ages and locations? I'm interested in the circumstances of their deaths. Thanks in advance.

No. They have families, why would I post their details on here?

I'll tell you why you wouldn't post details on here: Because you made it up.

That's just silly. I know someone still in a PVS because he tried to climb to his apartment pissed, fell and suffered a devastating head injury (10 years ago).

I wouldn't post his details here to score points with you.

It happens all over the world. Alcohol is dangerous.