Thai man, 20, arrested, charged for sarcastic 'shoe bomb' remarks during airport security inspection

rooster59

Thai man, 20, arrested, charged for sarcastic 'shoe bomb' remarks during airport security inspection

1452354080_1.jpg

PHUKET: A 20-year-old Thai man has rejected a charge that he knowingly announced false information to create histeria at the airport during a routine passenger inspection this afternoon.

The suspect, Mr Thananun Chonlayut of Thonburi's Bangkok Yai district was due to catch an afternoon flight back to his home in the Thai capital but was instead arrested after he made a sarcastic remark that there was a bomb in his shoes, apparently not satisfied that airport security asked him to remove his shoes during a routine inspection. Ms Sunisa Phromsupha told Thachadchai Police that when she asked the suspect to remove his shoes at a security checkpoint inside the domestic terminal, he remarked that there was a bomb in his shoes and he planned to detonate it the airport.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/thai-man-20-arrested-charged-for-sarcastic-shoe-bomb-remarks-during-airport-security-inspection-55727.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-01-10

Can those full bodyscanners at the airport not see through shoes and belts? Then why do they use them? I thought they could see through everything.

Don't recall those here at the airport.

They are between the domestic to international screening area.

Has airport security ever stopped a real terrorist with all the crap they make you do these days?. Take off your belt, shoes, take out you laptop, iPad, etc... I guess they did catch some guy with a bunch of heroin the other week though.

Obviously not a TV member as he would've learned from the Thai/German lady that pulled the same nonsense half a year ago.

Actually there have been 3 or 4 examples of this same thing at Thai airports in the last 6 months.

I winder if this is further proof that very few people read newspapers or watch news services on TV. Their awareness of the world around them is so tiny / so limited.

No excuse of course.

Edited by scorecard

That's a face with a grin of regret...

Is that what it is, you think.... I was wondering what to call it, but will go with you on this one, although it is an odd facial expression.

But then, the blokes a dumb ass for even mentioning the B word at an airport, he's lucky he wasn't taken down hard.

Being a sarcastic bugger several years ago (less so now in my twilight years) I did a similar thing at airport check-in.

In the blink of an eye had airport security confront and question me. Luckily, this was prior to the recent terrorist hysteria and I was allowed to go with a severe caution. I would never do that again.

Typical numb nuts Thai who is completely unaware of what goes on in the world around him and how such dim remarks are not taken lightly anywhere in modern troubled times. Ask him when he last watched any news or read a newspaper/magazine and the answer will most likely be never. Comic books and trash TV are the normal 'educational diet' .

Can those full bodyscanners at the airport not see through shoes and belts? Then why do they use them? I thought they could see through everything.

Don't recall those here at the airport.

Went through them one time at Don Muang. Created huge lineups. Never saw them again after that.