Clueless Pattaya visitors

toenail

Sadly, it always has been a cheap holiday destination funded in cheaper labor by Thai's who work for a absolute pittance in the hospitality industry, ancillary industries and the Bars.

I don't think most of us foreigners can really fathom what it would be like working 6 days a week and putting up with people like ourselves only to find at the end of the month there is not a satang going in to their bank accounts for their own holiday (and barely any holiday leave to go anywhere)

Lets' hope the developments occurring in South Jomtien and Bang Saray can consolidate a real family vacation proposition for the FIT's (Free Independent Travelers/ Tourists) at fair prices = better staff wages. Leave the rest to board the buses knowing their hard earned holiday dollars remain back home in China. Thai's (business and rank and file workers) don't seem to make that much money from the current Chinese tour structures ..unless you're on the gravy train

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow..

I brought my family to Patong. Wanting a safe, secure, inexpensive clean place to stay.

Wanting a clean room, high value, kid friendly environment.

The place I stayed requested before I stayed a list of special requests.

They offered

1. Free shuttle.

2. Best place to exchange money.

3. Medical, Visa, Banking, Dental, Lost ATM, C.C. assistance.

4. Police confrontation assistance.

A list of bowling, water parks, golf packages. Babysitting.

I felt this was what Thailand should be for tourist.

I have been coming back to my best place everytime I come to Patong.

Thank you Nang and her 2 year old daughter Mary Rose.

well you have to tell them Pattaya is bang .. bang ..drink ...drink .. city ... with 65 yr old farang and a 22yr old chicken under their wing and they sit at the bar all day drinkin piss. whistling.gif

ain't that the truth !!

Not at all, sometimes they morph into fi's and post crap on TV.

Imagine that...tourist coming to Pattaya the first time expecting clean beaches...complaining about having to step over garbage, sucking up exhaust fumes, and being harassed and hustled on Walking Street...not to mention being scammed everytime they bought something...

Maybe the Chinese are the ideal tourist for Thailand in general and Pattaya in particular...they would think the beaches are clean, stepping over garbage is acceptable, and all the rest is actually a step up from what they are used to...

There are a number of overly negative comments about Pattaya on this thread. The above comments referring to all the hotel guests (except 2 farang families) as 'scumbags', is frankly astonishing.

People come to Pattaya for a variety of reasons - of course the 'adult orientated' side is a big draw for some, but there are many other reasons why people visit Pattaya. For example within one hours drive there are over 30 golf courses - indeed Pattaya was named World Golf Holiday Destination of the year 2012. My mates and I (who live in Issan) visit Pattaya a couple of times a year (indeed we will be there next month to watch the Ladies Honda Classic Golf championship at Siam Country Club....are we also 'scumbags'?

Edited by Rimmer
Quoted reply of a removed post removed

Pattaya is a beach destination for thailand. it is closest to the airport with all the comforts of being in a well established city.

I think the propaganda, no I mean the tourism brochures sell it as a clean living place.

Then visitors arrive and are so disgusted with the obvious corruption and dishonesty such as prostitution in the open despite there being laws against it, police doing nothing to stop the open marketing,that they are shocked.

then they look at it a bit closer and realise there is no veneer, the place is dirty, smelly, cesspit, and the normal lowlifes found in a big city are all found sitting on the beach enjoyuing the atmosphere along with the gtourists

hence the bad reviews. the dusit thani in pattaya does not advertise pattaya as a place oozing with scum , sex tourists and a shithole. it advertises itself as a hotel, with everything you need without ever needing to go into pattaya. but also next to beach, private beach, swimming pools and option to book shows.

simple marketing really.

Pattaya is a beach destination for thailand. it is closest to the airport with all the comforts of being in a well established city. I think the propaganda, no I mean the tourism brochures sell it as a clean living place. Then visitors arrive and are so disgusted with the obvious corruption and dishonesty such as prostitution in the open despite there being laws against it, police doing nothing to stop the open marketing,that they are shocked. then they look at it a bit closer and realise there is no veneer, the place is dirty, smelly, cesspit, and the normal lowlifes found in a big city are all found sitting on the beach enjoyuing the atmosphere along with the gtourists hence the bad reviews. the dusit thani in pattaya does not advertise pattaya as a place oozing with scum , sex tourists and a shithole. it advertises itself as a hotel, with everything you need without ever needing to go into pattaya. but also next to beach, private beach, swimming pools and option to book shows. simple marketing really.

If it's discreetly advertised sex you are looking for, my I humbly suggest you go to Malaysia you only need to pick-up your yellow pages and dial for a discrete dinner companion...........or something like that. 55555555. But you won't fine one beach left in the entire country that's even half as good as the miserly bit of sand in Pattaya and nothing like as nice as still can be found in other parts of Thailand.

Yes 35 years ago Penang still had one nice beach, back in the yada, yada, so did Phuket and plenty in Hong Kong day that is.

Visitors shocked by Pattaya..........I don't think so, they all lap it up, including the families. The tales told about ugly old women and their husbands trailing behind with sideways darting, downcast eyes can apply to any beach town in the world. .......except of course for one or two repressive places and even then I bet the men try to sneak a peek at the ankles of those daring burka clad totties.

Aren't we all clueless when arriving in Pattaya or for that matter if holidaying anywhere in the world, if you come for long time get used to it just like home really, we can all whine about they don't do enough but its the fruggin tourists themselves that makes it a bad sight, so don't blame the govt or any other agency.

Edited by Brit_Doggie

Sorry mate lost in translation.

don't know what your on about

Pattaya was built on the sex trade.

May be you should have one less chang then.

Excuse me.

But my point is people come here for the sex trade

that's way they don't go to Spain !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always have done always will.

despite how people want to dress it up. facepalm.gif

What!!! Spain hasn't got hookers.

Pattaya is a beach destination for thailand. it is closest to the airport with all the comforts of being in a well established city. I think the propaganda, no I mean the tourism brochures sell it as a clean living place. Then visitors arrive and are so disgusted with the obvious corruption and dishonesty such as prostitution in the open despite there being laws against it, police doing nothing to stop the open marketing,that they are shocked. then they look at it a bit closer and realise there is no veneer, the place is dirty, smelly, cesspit, and the normal lowlifes found in a big city are all found sitting on the beach enjoyuing the atmosphere along with the gtourists hence the bad reviews. the dusit thani in pattaya does not advertise pattaya as a place oozing with scum , sex tourists and a shithole. it advertises itself as a hotel, with everything you need without ever needing to go into pattaya. but also next to beach, private beach, swimming pools and option to book shows. simple marketing really.

If it's discreetly advertised sex you are looking for, my I humbly suggest you go to Malaysia you only need to pick-up your yellow pages and dial for a discrete dinner companion...........or something like that. 55555555. But you won't fine one beach left in the entire country that's even half as good as the miserly bit of sand in Pattaya and nothing like as nice as still can be found in other parts of Thailand.

Yes 35 years ago Penang still had one nice beach, back in the yada, yada, so did Phuket and plenty in Hong Kong day that is.

Visitors shocked by Pattaya..........I don't think so, they all lap it up, including the families. The tales told about ugly old women and their husbands trailing behind with sideways darting, downcast eyes can apply to any beach town in the world. .......except of course for one or two repressive places and even then I bet the men try to sneak a peek at the ankles of those daring burka clad totties.

I beg to differ.Chearating Beach is far,far better than Patts.Long,clean beach with no tourists and a few locals.Even some decent surf if your lucky.Horizontal folk dancing can be had as well at night,somebody told me.

Sorry mate lost in translation.

don't know what your on about

Pattaya was built on the sex trade.

May be you should have one less chang then.

Excuse me.

But my point is people come here for the sex trade

that's way they don't go to Spain !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always have done always will.

despite how people want to dress it up. facepalm.gif

What!!! Spain hasn't got hookers.

I found some! thumbsup.gif

What is it about the age of 65 that brings apparent disrespect by others upon this ageing group of people on TV? I first experienced Bangkok and Pattaya in my relative youth and more than 30 years later still visit these places, accompanied, still working full time with money to spend. To those who hold a disrespecting regard for those in this age group who decide to visit Pattaya, bear in mind that they have a right to be there and are capable of enjoyment and happiness beyond imagination. When you see a silver haired upright guy striding healthily along walking street in a couple of weeks time. It could be me, say hello and I'll be happy to buy you a drink and I promise not to bore you with stories of a fantastic life of a 65 year old with lots more to come.

Living in Pattaya, Jomtein Beach , the last three months my only problems with the area are baht bus drivers demanding more money, garbage everywhere, and the aggressive ladyboys walking or on motorbikes.

Edited by citzofwrld

Some Thai-Visa members replying to this particular Pattaya topic either have a reading comprehension problem or failed to read the first message. The message was questioning how visitors could come to Pattaya without doing research on the place. (Now days there is TripAdvisor... Google... and other social networks.) The various comments from various nationalities staying in the better hotels in Pattaya would state how they were disappointed in the beach which included the polluted water and garbage along the beach; the foul odor from the sewers; and the seediness of the place. This particular topic was not to debate if Pattaya is a great place or not... the purpose of the entry was questioning why tourists do not do research on the place before they arrive to this beach resort.(seems like many members failed to read or understand the first entry. (or are they clueless also?)

Some Thai-Visa members replying to this particular Pattaya topic either have a reading comprehension problem or failed to read the first message. The message was questioning how visitors could come to Pattaya without doing research on the place. (Now days there is TripAdvisor... Google... and other social networks.) The various comments from various nationalities staying in the better hotels in Pattaya would state how they were disappointed in the beach which included the polluted water and garbage along the beach; the foul odor from the sewers; and the seediness of the place. This particular topic was not to debate if Pattaya is a great place or not... the purpose of the entry was questioning why tourists do not do research on the place before they arrive to this beach resort.(seems like many members failed to read or understand the first entry. (or are they clueless also?)

Ahhhh, you mean if they did look up Pattaya first, they wouldn't come and bee disappointed in the beach which included the polluted water and garbage along the beach; the foul odor from the sewers; and the seediness of the place?

Maybe because, many times reviews aren't accurate. Say, for instance, someone saying, a hotel was terrible, dirty, staff unpleasant, etc. Then, once arriving you find little of that to be true. There's lots of spoiled people out there nowadays that won't tolerate any uncleanliness, inconvenances, etc. I'm not one of them. However, I do wonder why the few problems I mentioned haven't been addressed, to at least satisfy some tourists that may take their money elsewhere. On a good note .I really like the sidewalk improvements along Jomtein Beach road. Looking good.

Sadly, it always has been a cheap holiday destination funded in cheaper labor by Thai's who work for a absolute pittance in the hospitality industry, ancillary industries and the Bars.

I don't think most of us foreigners can really fathom what it would be like working 6 days a week and putting up with people like ourselves only to find at the end of the month there is not a satang going in to their bank accounts for their own holiday (and barely any holiday leave to go anywhere)

Lets' hope the developments occurring in South Jomtien and Bang Saray can consolidate a real family vacation proposition for the FIT's (Free Independent Travelers/ Tourists) at fair prices = better staff wages. Leave the rest to board the buses knowing their hard earned holiday dollars remain back home in China. Thai's (business and rank and file workers) don't seem to make that much money from the current Chinese tour structures ..unless you're on the gravy train

Other than not working 6 days a week, I full well understand what it's like. Because my nursing job in a supposedly first world western country paid rubbish and I never had enough left over to bank, I had to travel to the other side of the planet to get a decent wage. That nursing in the UK comes with excellent holidays was just a bonus.

This may come as shock, but there are people out there that have never, and will never use a computer or the internet.

Personally, I find any hotel review to include many completely contradictory reviews, and we all should know that hotels post bogus reviews on the media.

I think there is a lot of info out there on the interweb, but a great deal of it is complete and utter BS.

I live in a condo behind Alantis, that I thought was far from the hookers and ladyboys. So, its not like I came looking for them. I did my best to avoid them.

Is that supposed to be Atlantis? If so, those pesky hookers and LBs really get around, even to the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean smile.png .

Seriously, there is no escape wherever in Thailand you may be, as even in the "no western tourists at all" town I live in there is a thriving Thai bar scene ( you do know that the Thai scene is far, far larger than the tiny, in comparison, western scene, don't you? ).

As for LBs, how dare they want to live in the community, working as shop assistants, hairdressers etc etc. They should all be banished to Pattaya to pick pockets on Beach Rd. biggrin.png .

This posting should give you a clue to your original question, shouldn't it?

I have no problem with hookers or LB's until they grab me, one in my crouch another time by the arm. The latter time I yanked away and was told to '<deleted> off'. If you think thats a appropiate way to treat visiting tourists, so be it. If someome had done either of those two things to me in a western country I would have knocked them out.