Huay Tung Tao now 50 baht for "foreign tourists"

taotoo

I think you've mentioned previously your favoured mode of transport is a bicycle. Blocking the road? For an hour? Over 20 baht? Good luck with that. There's a psychiatric hospital on Chiang Saen Road, would you like a reservation?

I have a bicycle,

Actually I have 4 bicycles, 1 pickup, 3 motorcycles.

Not everyone posting on these forums is a dirt poor school teacher with only 1 mode of transport.

Sometimes, I even drive the pickup around with the bicycles in the back.

I can see why you would need so many vehicles with a multiple personality.smile.png

Your return of service hit the net - match point to MJMTB

As net judge its Bazza for me!!!!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things will get worse before they get better.With the world population growing more and more.We will be forced to either pay more money getting into places,or stand in long lines for hours maybe.this is A little off topic but it's still 2 different prices.It will be

For everyone.The future won't be fun.

I think you've mentioned previously your favoured mode of transport is a bicycle. Blocking the road? For an hour? Over 20 baht? Good luck with that. There's a psychiatric hospital on Chiang Saen Road, would you like a reservation?

I have a bicycle,

Not everyone posting on these forums is a dirt poor school teacher with only 1 mode of transport.

Tax bicycles now!!!

Amazing, I think it's been almost a month since we had our last; "Cheap Charlie in Chiang Mai complains about dual pricing with the - 'it's not the money, it's the principle' argument followed by the 'it's racist' roll" - congratulations for the necro-posting of a debate that is never going to be solved on Thaivisa and matters very little to all but the cheapest, low-rent farang (who will now try to pretend this is not the case).

Having been to HTT a couple of times, it doesn't matter to me whether it's 50 baht or nothing. Overrated as an attraction.

So relieved I won't meet you there! tongue.png

My sympathy to you - it must get fairly lonely with that kind of attitude to people you've never met. My sympathy also to the people you have met.

Ah. The perennial two price whinge! I am back in OZ and I can tell you that we have a many tiered price structure for all amenities. It is called taxation. The better off pay more to keep the infrastructure going. If you pay Thai taxes then you should pay Thai prices - if not then it is not unreasonable for you to pay a little extra. At the weekend I took a couple of visitors to see our local (and pathetic) little Bell Tower. For a fifteen minute visit it cost 1300BHT . HTT is better value.

Good but false argument ;wai2.gif

about 80% of thai people don't pay taxes because they don't earn enough income .

Why they don't pay the same price as farang ? ..

I think since one or two pages in this thread we are totally out of the subject .cheesy.gif

I have a bicycle,

This made me laugh.

And we have one comment from the "if you don't like leave brigade"

In 3 years I have been to HHT about 10 times. 3 of those were from coming down the dirt road on my motorcycle which is a lot of fun.

It's a dirty crowded dump hole and I would not eat there, zero attraction for me.

The last time I was there, they were building a zipline adventure, which I am sure explains the price increase.

The observation of more fee's being charged to enter places and those fee's being more for foreigners is a sign of tough times for the country... or it's just stupid short sighted greed.

So keep it 20 baht, raise it 50 baht or make it free, I don't go there and I'm certain I'm not missing out on anything.

If I go I'm invariably with the family, including the grandkids, I wonder if they would consider me to be a tourist or not. I remember going to the Night Safari with a friend and his kids, plus my kids, and without even asking they charged us the locals rate. Since I don't often go to HTT, the difference between the locals rate and foreigners rate is not worth worrying about, especially bearing in mind that the kids get in for free.

>>Currently it appears non-Thai = tourist.<<...so they are different to the rest of Thailand ,where a Thai driving license or work permit gives you the Thai price ?

Not anymore. Dual pricing actively encouraged by the Junta, strictly enforced at national parks all over the land.

I hope the restaurants get upset at the reduction in foreign customers.

don't complain too much because Chiang Mai area doesn't even come close to the way they rip-off tourists in Louang phrabang in Laosbah.gif

charging to go into almost all temples and tourist spots. Try using a public toilet no matter how decrepit it is and they will charge you minimum 2000

Kip which is equivalent to 9 Thai baht !

I was crossing the river using a bamboo foot bridge when this woman leapt out and demanded i pay 5000 Kip just to use the bridge.

I came away from that destination realising what a bargain Chiang Mai is for tourists

Edited by Asiantravel

Cyclists are free after 16:30 is my guess. HTT has plenty of local cyclists who visit early evening for exercise. A steady stream coming in on the new cycle path. The cyclists pay nothing.

Don't give'em any bright ideas. Touristas are Touristas, on a bike or not.

Sent via a series of tubes

Cyclists are free after 16:30 is my guess. HTT has plenty of local cyclists who visit early evening for exercise. A steady stream coming in on the new cycle path. The cyclists pay nothing.

Don't give'em any bright ideas. Touristas are Touristas, on a bike or not.

Sent via a series of tubes

Mountain bikers get in for free thumbsup.gif

I was one of those that complained about dual pricing at waterfalls in Mae Rim.....partly because I didn't think it was worth 150 baht or whatever it is.....however, HTT at 50 baht is still a good price and have no problem with it....slightly annoying being dual pricing, but not much I can do about it, I ain't Thai! Will still only be 90 baht for the wife and my kid.

>>Currently it appears non-Thai = tourist.<<...so they are different to the rest of Thailand ,where a Thai driving license or work permit gives you the Thai price ?

Not anymore. Dual pricing actively encouraged by the Junta, strictly enforced at national parks all over the land.

I hope the restaurants get upset at the reduction in foreign customers.

The reduction in foreign tourists at HTT would be minimal, I would guess. Most people couldn't give a monkeys about paying an extra 30B for a day out and besides, foreigners are only about 10% of the business there, if that. Those few that now won't be going there are probably the type of people that took their own sandwiches anyway!!

By the way, HTT is on army land so the work-permit/driving Licence issue is irrelevant.

I go later in the day (before dusk), have never been charged entry. It's a nice place to enjoy a sunset.

Usually, no one is even in the entry booth when I go.

That said, 20b is fair for park entrance. By international standards, it may not be very impressive. However, by Thai standards, it's quite nice and not far from where I live.