Angry or abusive posts ....

billphillips

Can't remember

• photo-thumb-208251.png?_r=1451273291
  • Advanced Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 6,280 posts

Posted Today, 15:09

Just as those who think alcohol bans are no big deal aren't necessarily humourless teetotallers, or those who prefer not to pay for sex aren't religious prudes.

Too many people here overreact to even the slightest perceived criticism of their lifestyle. There's room for all sorts.

I stress that my comment that you have responded to above did not apply to an individual Poster. I admittedly did have a few recent Posts in mind (from a Chiang Mai forum thread) but not your goodself. If i saw (especially if unprovoked) examples as you suggest in para 1 above i would consider that equally wrong. I totally agree with your sentiments in para 2 but i was referring to direct, obvious criticisms.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no problem with anger being expressed. It is an emotion and get it out. Abusive on the other hand is for control,when reason is gone. Abusive posters want control and when they have no other way they abuse.

i think simply ignore abusive post ,no response no value in doing it.

Some guys live their lives being angry and abusive not only on the internet in all communication with others. I have met a few since coming to Thailand.

The problem are not the abusive posters but the enablers, by giving "likes". Without them the abusers have no platform. They just start another forum with the likeminded.

You are quite right, in another forum I saw a particularly trollish and abusive TV member (among like-behaved people) writing in all earnest about their trolling and abusive posts here: (from memory) "we do it so we get likes and that makes us feel good about ourselves".

I think many play it up for the peanut gallery, and eventually completely lose the plot.

The anger at anyone different from you seems to be a common theme here.

The problem is exacerbated by some people's inability to grasp that they're talking to fellow human beings, not just words on a page. The lengths some will go to castigate others for no bigger crime than disagreeing with them are remarkable.

Yes, some of them are human beings. They are also convicted felons, child molesters, thieves, boiler room operatives, drug dealers, wife beaters, and bullies. Over the years, some people went out of their way to harass Alan Morrison over at the now defunct Phuketwan. Others spread lies about Andrew Drummond. The fact that they are human beings does not grant them a pass to destroy and to spread false information.

To all the abusive, nasty folks out there, ask yourselves this:

Do you really need to have the arguments that you have?

Do you really need to get the last word in?

Is your real life so bad that you get your highs by insulting someone on the interwebs?

Is your intellect so diminished that your best response is a lowest common denominator attack?

Do you really need to stalk people and go after all their posts and previous user names?

Are you really this angry and disturbed in real life?

Do you have an anger management issues in real life?

When faced with a problem at work, do you go for your colleagues jugular all the time?

Be a little bit more mature and do what you tell your kids, colleagues, spouses, friends - Back the f' away from "the other clown" because you're never going to win!

Edited by Minnie the Minx

As a general rule I follow: never engage with fools, druggies or anyone married to Smirnoff. Best to ignore, ignore, ignore.

Oh dear...!! That's most of us on ignore.

Neverdie has been stalking me for years, I quite like it - being an older woman. Gotta get it while you can.

Some times we can misinterpret, what some one is saying or suggesting,,, Remember a few years back when a Topic, and Discussion got way out of hand,, and a poster was requesting the other poster to (PM him),, so they could meet and sort it out,, I was new to the internet at the time,, I thought what does this (PM) mean,, so I looked it up,,, And whoa and behold,, There was me thinking he was looking for a fight,and wanted the other poster to PM him, and set up a meeting,,, when in fact he was looking for a Prostate Massage smile.png

Some people need to think about what theyve written before they post it. Ask themselves if theyd really say it to a persons face, stranger or otherwise. Im absolutely positive many of the flamers here and elsewhere on the Internet would get along just fine if they were having the same conversation in a bar somewhere. Not sure why they choose to ramp things up online.

Some people need to think about what theyve written before they post it. Ask themselves if theyd really say it to a persons face, stranger or otherwise. Im absolutely positive many of the flamers here and elsewhere on the Internet would get along just fine if they were having the same conversation in a bar somewhere. Not sure why they choose to ramp things up online.

It creates debate......thumbsup.gif

What a disgrace.

That's anonymity for you. Some get all wound up and abusive because they can do it. Cowardly stuff anyway.

There is nothing wrong with a robust debate, where the wheels fall off is when people get abusive, start threatening others and playing the old school yard bully card of namecalling. This place seems civilized.

Edited by Minnie the Minx

It creates debate......thumbsup.gif

What a disgrace.

Debate a disgrace...?

One can debate anything but I've learned not to get into debates with navy SEALS or retired Royal Marine Commandos.

This gets me very, very mad!!!! I will get those posters and beat them up!!!

hmmmm...

coffee1.gif

You and what army you puny poster.......

smile.png

cheesy.gif

To achieve the correct lofty disdain you need, "And might I enquire as to which militia, irregular force, body of men or armed faction will be assisting you in this remarkable endeavour?"

When I get sarcastic ,like a couple of days ago I got banned for the day but I am not just a keyboard warrior I will say it to your face as well,sarcasm is just one of my many talents lol

I'm really, really impressed. smile.png

[You can't really do sarcasm on the web. Obtuseness is quite possible, however].