Liar! Danish 'victim' of East Pattaya street robbery confesses

webfact

...I can't bring myself to be that upset by someone who wanted to screw over his insurance company.

Wow.

Seriously, just wow. No wonder the world is such a screwed up place.

I bemoan the loss of the concepts of "honor" and "shame"......

You're Welcome!! smile.png

I didn't say the guy was in the right. I just said I couldn't find myself getting upset over it. Excuse me for not shedding a tear for the brave men and women of insurance companies round the world as they sit there trying to screw over customers and deny legitimate claims to maximise profits.

Those wonderful wonderful people smile.png

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...I can't bring myself to be that upset by someone who wanted to screw over his insurance company.

Wow.

I didn't say the guy was in the right. I just said I couldn't find myself getting upset over it. Excuse me for not shedding a tear for the brave men and women of insurance companies round the world as they sit there trying to screw over customers and deny legitimate claims to maximise profits.

The guy was definitely in the wrong. This is not a grey area. He lied, and you said it doesn't upset you.

I stick to my original commentary: Wow......

Wow.

The guy was definitely in the wrong. This is not a grey area. He lied, and you said it doesn't upset you.

Of course it doesn't personally upset me. If I got personally upset by everyone in the news who lied and did something wrong, I'd be a constant wreck and unable to function as a human. Especially if I'm choosing to get all distraught over someone trying to fiddle their insurance.

I never said it was a grey area either. I never said the guy was in the right. But I think you'll agree with me that insurance companies, in the main, are pretty insidious organisations who have a long history of not letting the concepts of honour or decency worry them. So it's a wee bit hard to get all worked up on their behalf too. :)

Wow.

Of course it doesn't personally upset me. If I got personally upset by everyone in the news who lied and did something wrong, I'd be a constant wreck and unable to function as a human. Especially if I'm choosing to get all distraught over someone trying to fiddle their insurance.

I never said it was a grey area either. I never said the guy was in the right. But I think you'll agree with me that insurance companies, in the main, are pretty insidious organisations who have a long history of not letting the concepts of honour or decency worry them. So it's a wee bit hard to get all worked up on their behalf too. smile.png

I think your first paragraph should end by saying.... "If I'm choosing to get all distraught over someone attempting to commit a crime"

Decent folk should at all times condemn those attempting to commit crimes, regardless of the severity or victim, it's what holds a community together.

And just perhaps, insurance companies are so hard to get money out of, and are forced to employ investigators etc, is because some members of the community are attempting to defraud them.

These types of crimes also result in increased insurance costs for everyone, including yourself, if you have insurance.... Or, if you have a share portfolio, he's perhaps stealing directly from your pocket ( as in, screwimg you over)

Now, I'm not suggesting that you get all worked up about it, or even loose a second of sleep, but I do think it inappropriate to defends his actions, in any way, including belittling them as trivial and non consequential. Edited by Rimmer

I never said it was a grey area either. I never said the guy was in the right. But I think you'll agree with me that insurance companies, in the main, are pretty insidious organisations who have a long history of not letting the concepts of honour or decency worry them. So it's a wee bit hard to get all worked up on their behalf too. smile.png

I think your first paragraph should end by saying.... "If I'm choosing to get all distraught over someone attempting to commit a crime"

Decent folk should at all times condemn those attempting to commit crimes, regardless of the severity or victim, it's what holds a community together.

And just perhaps, insurance companies are so hard to get money out of, and are forced to employ investigators etc, is because some members of the community are attempting to defraud them.

These types of crimes also result in increased insurance costs for everyone, including yourself, if you have insurance.... Or, if you have a share portfolio, he's perhaps stealing directly from your pocket ( as in, screwimg you over)

Now, I'm not suggesting that you get all worked up about it, or even loose a second of sleep, but I do think it inappropriate to defends his actions, in any way, including belittling them as trivial and non consequential.

The guy tried to fiddle his insurance, he got caught, he'll pay the price. That's fine. He's young, he screwed up. It happens and hopefully he'll learn from it.

What I'm not going to do is join in the sanctimonious chorus of disapproval on this thread that think it's fine to refer to him as a 'scum sucking lowlife cockroach' and mock his physical appearance. If that's the definition of 'decent folk' then fine, no problem. I'll give them all a wave as they trot by on their high horses smile.png

Now, I'm not suggesting that you get all worked up about it, or even loose a second of sleep, but I do think it inappropriate to defends his actions, in any way, including belittling them as trivial and non consequential.

The guy tried to fiddle his insurance, he got caught, he'll pay the price. That's fine. He's young, he screwed up. It happens and hopefully he'll learn from it.

What I'm not going to do is join in the sanctimonious chorus of disapproval on this thread that think it's fine to refer to him as a 'scum sucking lowlife cockroach' and mock his physical appearance. If that's the definition of 'decent folk' then fine, no problem. I'll give them all a wave as they trot by on their high horses smile.png

I doubt he will pay the price, unless he actually submits claim forms to his insurer ( that said... I'm not sure what, if anything, the RTP have done)

And I'm kind of glad that your not going to join the chorus of sanctimonious disapproving people referring to him as a scum sucking low life with dubiousness physical characteristics... Because that kind of makes you a " decent" person too.

When I say that decent folk should condemn criminal activity.... I definitely don't mean by adopting the tactics that you refer to...,that is not decent at all..... But more like the practice of old, when a man was put in the stocks , to be pelted with all manner of disgusting and harmful material

My point is simply that criminal activity should not be condoned, which is also done by ignoring it.

Cheers