Chinese Tourists 'forced' into buying by angry beach vendors on Pattaya Island

webfact

I have being coming to Thailand for over Ten years and no vendor has ever thrown merchandise at me and threaten my with bodily harm if I did not buy

I feel slightedsad.png

What am I chop liver?blink.png

If you had been chop suey you'd be in with a chance.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am sure it is real crocodile!!! very rare and great deals on the beaches of pattaya!!!!

you can take them back and sell them for big money!!!

i sell you 10 now, you give me luck, you give me money!!!

fake???? fake because from china??? you are chinese!!!

(fireworks)

More Quality from Thailand... This will keep the tourist coming. coffee1.gif

Oh great. Someone who believes everything he reads and makes a judgement on it and puts it on the whole country for good measure. Pathetic

So you think its a good way to treat tourist.....Pathetic

l have had trouble on the beach from sunglass vendors when l wouldn't buy.

l had a perfectly good set of sunglasses on & he wanted me to hand them over to him to "try them out".

He got very belligerent when l refused.

This happened twice,with different vendors.

What would he/they have done?

Broken them, so that l would have to buy from him?

As l walked away, one of them kept shouting after me, "show me. show me".

This was on Beach Road, Pattaya.

Not much different from the upstairs boys in Patpong who serve you one drink, give you and your partner a bill for $2,800 baht, and meet you at at the door if you try to leave with paying the full amount. It happened to me, just lucky there was a large group just coming in as we we were leaving and they decided not to make a scene.

the sooner these so called beach vendors are caught the better this is not good for tourism to be threatened with bodily harm they need to be caught and incarcerated quickly.

Mexico solved this decades ago by restricting beach vendors to a covered marketplace that tourists are free to visit or avoid. Works quite well.

l had a perfectly good set of sunglasses on & he wanted me to hand them over to him to "try them out".

had exactly the same many times on beach road, sat at a bar and told the seller 14 times..."NO" before he got the hint... annoying pr1cks the lot of them

had exactly the same many times on beach road, sat at a bar and told the seller 14 times..."NO" before he got the hint... annoying pr1cks the lot of them

If you are saying "No" more than once, you are saying the wrong way.

I think the Chinese tourists bought these wallets, and found out that they were made in China.

Never heard of such crazy sellers, but I guess nowadays you need to be more pro-active to get your souvenirs sold.

I wonder if all the merchandise in China has little tags that say "Made Here".

Thai scammers, thieves, and vendors who employ forceful "sales techniques" will learn not to target kon jing... Farangs will continue to be fair game; their respective govts won't lift a finger & so Thai authorities could care less. But it's a different story for the Chinese; the new Big Brother in Beijing won't tolerate a pattern of unpunished crime against their citizens for long before calling somebody to account.

This is a standard scam at many tourist locations around the world. It's been tried on me several times. The worst was in Bali at the viewpoint for the rice terraces. Luckily, my guide kept positioning himself between us and them. We took our pic and left very quickly...sadly...

Yep, the people that say this never happens don't get out much. It's indeed very common in many places in the world. All worldly people would know that. Not commenting on the OP as I don't know exactly what happened there, but it sure COULD have happened.

I have attended many sales seminars , I must have missed the sales technique where you angrily throw merchandise at prospects.

You should try returning defective merchandise, especially to a branch of a well known shop. Customer service in some Thai shops needs to start at the bottom - with basic potty training.

The reason why Chinese tourist don't buy souvenirs in Thailand is, that 99,9999% of those souvenirs were made in China. They're available everywhere in China for only 1% of the Thai price.

Edited by FredNL